Every actions seem automatic?

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Every actions seem automatic?

Postby jungelbobo » Mon May 27, 2013 2:04 pm

So i just started to read Power of Now,
i tried to observe my thought,actions,emotions and sensations.
I then got this very weird robotic feel that all my actions are automatic, and i didn't direct any of them.
Even if i am am having conversations with my family i can still kind of obtain this state of mind.
In this state, all my worries seemed went away, and i am feeling better than ever(considering i have more of a depressed state most of the time)

Is this feeling of Now? what is the next step?
thanks
jungelbobo

Re: Every actions seem automatic?

Postby rideforever » Mon May 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Now that you can see what is not real; now you look and feel what IS real.

And you become the Real. You allow what is Real to enter into you. You surrender to the Real.

The Real is powerful and if you surrender to it, it will after some time shine light onto these automatic behaviours, and change them so that your human life is also real and true.

The more you stay in the real, with love and light, the better you are.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby kiki » Mon May 27, 2013 2:40 pm

Welcome to the board.

Actions and thoughts happen, but there is no one who does them. What most people haven't discovered is that there is no "me" directing anything because they just assume that the me does exist. People rarely examine this assumption, but when they do they will find that the "me" doesn't really exist. The me/ego is a thought construct only that is identified with. As an actual separate entity, however, it is nowhere to found other than an ever changing set of ideas in the mind. Have you realized this yet?

So, what's the next step after that? Discover what IS actually real. That which is real is what is present always, and that's what you really are. Notice what that is; whatever that is is true nature. Rest in/as that and eventually identification with the thought construct will begin to dissolve.

When you are present thought-stream stops, and when that happens "worries" also stop because worries are constructed out of thought. Without thought there is just "what is". It is only mind that takes "what is" and does something with it, like creating something to fear and worry about.

So this whole teaching boils down to being present, relaxing deeply, and simply observing what is, allowing it all to happen without attachment or resistance.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby randomguy » Mon May 27, 2013 7:57 pm

+1 to kiki's post.

Is this feeling of Now? what is the next step?

I like that you say a "feeling" of now after all, what is not encompassed in the present moment?

If you like a label there are many. It could be called "the witness", "the observer", "observing as awareness" or others.

Next step? Just hang out like that. It's a good state to notice what has not been previously noticed. Does it seem to you (do you have the intuitive sense) that this seeing is always occurring, even when it doesn't "feel" like it, for example even when the personalized mind is front and center? Is it your feeling that there an observing like this that underlies the "normal" contracted view?

Can't say it better than kiki, "...being present, relaxing deeply, and simply observing what is, allowing it all to happen without attachment or resistance."

kiki wrote:It is only mind that takes "what is" and does something with it, like creating something to fear and worry about.

Yes exactly, or claim personal ownership based in thoughts of separation such as voicing a story like, that is my arm reaching for the glass, I am doing that. From a the conscious perspective of the witness, such things don't seem so easily matter of fact, do they?

My experience is that an increased familiarity with this conscious perspective erodes the robotic or foreign sensations for a more natural and comfortable feeling. It is a shift in the realm of visceral, energetic, even physical to me more so than one of an intellectual choice or decision. It feels different to move about the world absent the weighted validity of the personal narration. Like you described a difference in talking to your family. In this way it is more like allowing the body to learn to ride a bike, than a adopting a new way to think. Like kiki said, observing and allowing free of attachment. Life moves along with or without that less-than-accurate personal narration.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby Dimo » Tue May 28, 2013 2:29 pm

jungelbobo wrote:Is this feeling of Now? what is the next step?
thanks

There isn't a "next step" in the Now. When you ask this, you lost the power of Now and you begin to be less still :evil:
Stay here and now and you have this power again. Only here and only now :)
Dimo

Return to Personal Experiences