In less than a week

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: In less than a week

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Interesting link merlin, and I wondered why, even when it has been playing in my own home, I've never watched this movie. I'm aware that I've actively avoided it. ... hmmm....

I watched the clip, I wondered why he didn't dance with the bag even just a little.

There is such beauty everywhere - I loved the leaves in the scene too, wonderful word use in the electricity in the air awaiting the snow - anticipation in nature is electric - it pulses... we only have to notice this!

...and the pure attention the girl had listening to him,
...the timbre of timidity yet certainty in his voice - and no his heart will not cave in... it will implode like the big bang of the universe - and beyond that be free creation in motion, free of fear, free of restriction in false musings of fear, free to be, free to notice, to dance, to laugh and to fully participate in his own life and to truly love.

Video is a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember

I love this ^ love love love it!!!
The writer and director has enfolded their craft into itself!!!

When writing/directing a scene one becomes intensely aware across multi-dimensional layers, one becomes attention filled of every sensory detail in the delivery of the message, supportive and oppositional messaging, like a symphony in music. Most won't notice individual parts of it but they are playing on our senses. In a video one can replay segments and break it down, its sort of what our brain does in reliving things, except in our brain we rehash from one camera angle (ego) and its often skewed and obscuring other elements in the scene.

Compassion, in a way, creates a multi-camera viewing of a situation.

In a way all of us are living our movies and most of the time we don't notice that we are collectively writing/directing the scene, the players, the characters, the story lines in action, detail in the mise enscene - in this clip / in our lives - is absolutely paramount in awareness.

Nothing is irrelevant, but often so much that affects us, is overlooked.

Maybe my heart would cave in if I watched that movie :?: :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby TemporalDissonance » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:04 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:In a way all of us are living our movies and most of the time we don't notice that we are collectively writing/directing the scene, the players, the characters, the story lines in action, detail in the mise enscene - in this clip / in our lives - is absolutely paramount in awareness.

smiileyjen101, lately I have been walking around with the utmost awareness and attention. I would look up at the trees when I walk by them, almost saying hello. (I probably look really weird to be the only one looking up.) I feel each step, each with its excitable energy to be alive. I greet those passing by with my attention. Yet, it is rare if anyone ever notices that I am looking at them. I live in a city where few of us actually pay attention when we walk. We often are lost in our stories and thoughts, imagine listening in on loud conversations during line ups... It is an odd feeling, "to be in and not of the world".
TemporalDissonance

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:58 am

I love it TD!!

When I first read that thing - to be in but not of the world, it sounded impersonal, and maybe some read it that way. But to really 'be in' is to be totally absorbed in and by it.

I would look up at the trees when I walk by them, almost saying hello. (I probably look really weird to be the only one looking up.)

Sometimes I DO say hello!! :lol:
only ego would care what others think :wink:

That's what the feeling is - its connection in absence of egoic fear. It's only weird if we are more used to feeling disconnected, if that makes sense. That, I think, was the fall of man, the fall from grace, the notion that we are separate to or from - anything or anyone.

Yet, it is rare if anyone ever notices that I am looking at them.

In that clip - the girl listening intently, totally absorbed by the guy in all her senses - it's the same thing - connection, its the feeling we get when someone is paying, or not paying, genuine attention.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby TemporalDissonance » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:52 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:When I first read that thing - to be in but not of the world, it sounded impersonal, and maybe some read it that way. But to really 'be in' is to be totally absorbed in and by it.

Strange that you mentioned it smiileyjen101. :) I recall when Eckhart talked about "to be in but not of the world" on Oprah's web series, I felt it sounded aloof or even slightly "superior". But over time, I have to come to understand similarly that "to be in" the world, one be totally absorbed in and by it, where the "self" disappears. And by "of the world", it has come to mean unaffected by "unconsciousness".

smiileyjen101 wrote:That's what the feeling is - its connection in absence of egoic fear.It's only weird if we are more used to feeling disconnected, if that makes sense. That, I think, was the fall of man, the fall from grace, the notion that we are separate to or from - anything or anyone.

YES! It's like you live "without a care" of external judgements.

Strange cause the tree of knowledge always feel like its pointing to our conceptual mind.

smiileyjen101 wrote:In that clip - the girl listening intently, totally absorbed by the guy in all her senses - it's the same thing - connection, its the feeling we get when someone is paying, or not paying, genuine attention.

The funny thing is, when genuine attention is paid, sometimes one can sense how uncomfortable/unaccustomed to it the receiving person is about it.
TemporalDissonance

Postby merlin41 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:51 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:Interesting link merlin, and I wondered why, even when it has been playing in my own home, I've never watched this movie. I'm aware that I've actively avoided it. ... hmmm....

I love the movie and have watched it several times over the years, it has so much of human life and is frailties in it.

I watched the clip, I wondered why he didn't dance with the bag even just a little

Its as though he wasn't quite ready to jump into the abyss of life and dance with it, he still feared it.

There is such beauty everywhere - I loved the leaves in the scene too, wonderful word use in the electricity in the air awaiting the snow - anticipation in nature is electric - it pulses... we only have to notice this!

...and the pure attention the girl had listening to him,

...the timbre of timidity yet certainty in his voice - and no his heart will not cave in... it will implode like the big bang of the universe - and beyond that be free creation in motion, free of fear, free of restriction in false musings of fear, free to be, free to notice, to dance, to laugh and to fully participate in his own life and to truly love.

Nothing is irrelevant, but often so much that affects us, is overlooked.

Maybe my heart would cave in if I watched that movie :?: :wink:

Maybe it would :wink:
“I would like my life to be a statement of love and compassion--and where it isn't, that's where my work lies.”
― Ram Dass
merlin41

Postby merlin41 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:03 am

TemporalDissonance wrote: lately I have been walking around with the utmost awareness and attention. I would look up at the trees when I walk by them, almost saying hello. (I probably look really weird to be the only one looking up.) I feel each step, each with its excitable energy to be alive. I greet those passing by with my attention. Yet, it is rare if anyone ever notices that I am looking at them. I live in a city where few of us actually pay attention when we walk. We often are lost in our stories and thoughts, imagine listening in on loud conversations during line ups... It is an odd feeling, "to be in and not of the world"

Yes TemporalDissonance I have been doing this more and more, and spending a lot of time on the terrace at home watching nature all around me, I feel much more in the world, and with few thoughts crossing my mind, more joyful than simply happy.
“I would like my life to be a statement of love and compassion--and where it isn't, that's where my work lies.”
― Ram Dass
merlin41

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences