In less than a week

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: In less than a week

Postby TemporalDissonance » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:17 pm

SandyJoy wrote:Okay, that's the best I can do with trying to explain it again. Thanks for the challenge of "my word and your word are not the same word, but they are spelled the same" --- :lol:

:lol: SandyJoy, I understand what you mean by "game". It is very real. Yes very real. The good, the bad, the beautiful and ugly. It is LIFE. It is only a "game" in so far, perhaps, best with language to describe how we (as the Child/Essence/One) all interact in this world.

The fear/discomfort comes from a question of more "What am I supposed to do?" as rideforever suggested. Perhaps, even "how?". If we are all playing a checkers "game", I understand that some of us will be throwing pieces at each other. This hurt players who have yet to be awaken especially when being thrown at. Also, I understand the unlimited possibilities of play that would not hurt the game players.

Deep down, the Child in me am aware that I am to venture back into the game. That has always been clear but I have yet to fully understand why. That answer may or may not come. It doesn't matter. Yet, I am equally aware that my connection to the inner spirit is not "strong enough" yet. There is an ego in me that dissipates and regroup. Giving it a good try. It isn't as strong as before, quiet when my awareness is strong. It does come around when least expected. Yet, when I am aware and be in total surrender, my connection brightens again instantly. It is this fluctuation I am in.
TemporalDissonance

Postby treasuretheday » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:25 pm

TD, I love your questions, your curiosity, your sincere searching. What wonderful replies you received from SandyJoy and Rideforever!
TemporalDissonance wrote: I am to venture back into the game. That has always been clear but I have yet to fully understand why.
You find yourself at a signficant fork in the road. This brings some things up for me too. I hope sharing them doesn't further muddy the waters for you, but I think at least some of this could be relevant to your process.

There is the idea practiced within myriad spiritual paths of "conservation of energy." The seeker learns to purify & concentrate inner reserves for the purposes of transformation. Through meditation, inner witnessing, prayer, fasting, etc., energy is not squandered on ego gratification, & at last it converges at the unitive point. This "store it up" approach works. Spiritual energy becomes strong & clear & sustains contact increasingly with higher & more intense frequencies of the Divine Life.

There is another route, however. It is a more reckless & extravagant path which does not involve storing up energy, but rather, relies on giving it away. The connection with the Divine is sustained, not through concentration of being, but through freely squandering it! This "throw it away" approach assumes that the flow of energy is infinite. We merely allow it to happen.

Christian mystics called this the path of kenosis, or self-emptying. (Which still may include meditation, prayer, etc.) For me, this path answers the how & why questions you pose. (I am not suggesting that it makes sense for everyone!). This is about explosion, rather than implosion. A gorgeous description of this alternative path is provided by the Sufi mystic, Rumi:

Love is Reckless, not reason.
Reason seeks a profit,
Love comes on strong, consuming herself,
Unabashed.
Yet in the midst of suffering,
Love proceeds like a millstone,
Hard surfaced and straight forward.
Having died to self-interest,
She risks everything and asks for nothing.
Love gambles away every gift God bestows.
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby rideforever » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:46 pm

TemporalDissonance wrote:..

Yesterday I was listening to Anadi talk about these things, and please listen to him directly I am just an idiot here :

In India the path is very much concerned with killing the ego, but this is only a small idea of enlightenment. It is the idea that the Creator has somehow made a mistake and we have to clean up for him.

But a greater thought is that this entire situation is the Great Place.

In darkness we find ourselves as Light, that is one challenge, and the next is to bring the Light into the world.

The monastery is a temporary place to provide some stability whilst the first mission is completed, but ... without the world there would be no point to any of it.

He said that without the world there would be nothing. No people, no path.

The world / ego / thoughts ... can be purified. A person is a vehicle for connecting the Light to the World.

Bridging the Heaven and Earth.

And through surrender we see that the vastness is greatly underestimated even by the greatest dreamers.

Who is it that meditates ? The Ego. Who is it that reads TPON ? The Ego.
Last edited by rideforever on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby treasuretheday » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:05 pm

rideforever wrote:The monastery is a temporary place to provide some stability whilst the first mission is completed, but ... without the world there would be no point to any of it. He said that without the world there would be nothing. No people, no path.

TD, Rideforever summed it up very succinctly. Just skip my post & read this!
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:04 am

Skip your post I think not :wink:
This is gorgeous!!
Love is Reckless, not reason.
Reason seeks a profit,
Love comes on strong, consuming herself,
Unabashed.
Yet in the midst of suffering,
Love proceeds like a millstone,
Hard surfaced and straight forward.
Having died to self-interest,
She risks everything and asks for nothing.
Love gambles away every gift God bestows.

When one recognises love as the equilibrium of gratitude and generosity, its power more immense than any thing... well life is just an amazing adventure. Being joy is ...

Why venture into the game? You already are IN the game. However you choose to play it is fine, pretending solitude is the way to peace - fine, raging in enthusiasm and passion - fine, withholding or scattering love - fine.

No body is keeping score.

With gratitude and generosity one can always be at peace with 'what is' - whatever that is. There is always something to be grateful for, and generous with/about. Always.

For love never leaves us - never - because we are love in our purest form of being.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby treasuretheday » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Beautiful post, SmileyJen! So glad you like the poem from Rumi! It really speaks to me too.

In fact, it is nothing short of remarkable how better than almost anything in Christian scripture, Rumi's words so well describe the path that Jesus walked. He did not carefully guard the purity of his being, but squandered everything he had and was. John the Baptist's disciples were horrified that he banqueted, drank & danced. The Pharisees were horrified because he healed on the Sabbath, kept company with women & disreputes.

What seemed disconcerting to nearly everyone was the messy, freewheeling way he went about things. Abundance & extravagance marked both his teaching & personal style. "Do not store up treasures on earth." Do not hoard, do not cling.

Thus he came, and thus he went, giving himself fully into life and death, losing himself, squandering himself, "gambling away every gift God bestows."

As we practice our acts of compassion, kindness, self-emptying, both at the level of doing, & even more at the level of being, qualities of divine love are released to flow out into the world. Often our small acts of goodness seem pointless, but no act of kenosis is ever isolated. No matter how meaningless it looks, no matter how disconnected, or how unproductive it seems in terms of reward & gain on this linear axis, it all belongs to that great Divine exchange. That's the kenotic path in a nutshell. Very, very simple. It only costs everything.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby SandyJoy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:53 pm

That is a a beautiful post Treasure. Truly Beautiful. Thank you so much for that. This feels so lovely to me. I know for me there is a divine equation working here; it is a giving and a receiving---I notice that the more I give, the more I receive, in all ways, in the spirit and in the tangible. Tangible giving is as much a part of the this divine equation-- and we don't do it to get anything-- We do it because it feels so wonderful to give---But it turns out there is no way it cannot be returned to us. Life is a Divine Equation in all of Its Totality; giving and receiving, are one Love.

I see it is the very nature of Life, of God. Life, nature, everything is giving and receiving; think of a seed planted in the earth, the earth gives to the seed, the seed gives its tiny roots to the earth, the earth gives it nourishment to seed--the seed begins to open and gives a sprout upward, upward giving, and then the sun gives to the sprout and the rain gives to the earth and so it goes until one day that little seed is mighty oak tree ---giving and receiving. Extraordinary Wonders abound Everywhere evident.

This I believe is why those who find the Truth want to share it, give it, send a sprout of It out to our world, and why when we do this, we get more glimmers of Light back to us, we receive more Light as we give what little we have.

It is our very heart and soul and nature of God in us to give and give more and keep giving---It feels grand and good in our soul and then that feeling good, is where the Joy cannot help but bring joy to others as we are always a part of this Wondrous Diving Exchange with Life.

Well, Treasure you said it best, and I love the Rumi poem --- Thank you so much for this. (I need on of those <3 "heart" sticky faces)
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Postby TemporalDissonance » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:48 pm

treasuretheday, SandyJoy, smileyjen101, thank you for your posts and reply. I am finding myself reading and allowing things to sink in before responding.

Thank you for the lovely Rumi poem, I am curious from an everyday experience, how surrendered are you usually? I sense love and surrender maybe related or one.
TemporalDissonance

Postby treasuretheday » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:13 pm

SandyJoy, you are a living, breathing, vibrant example of a person who chooses to give with everything you've got!

SmileyJen, you too, are such a spirit-filled woman! Sensitive & attuned, you clearly & sincerely & always come from the heart.

For years, I have turned to the examples of saints, sages & mystics for guidance and spiritual wisdom. (I have quite a list of favorites! Too lengthy to share here!) I owe much to these holy, wise & loving ones I have come to know through books, but it is so nice to have guides with whom I can actually dialogue! SandyJoy & SmileyJen are inspiring spiritual mentors & models. I am very grateful for their presence & generous sharing.

TemporalDissonance wrote:I sense love and surrender maybe related or one.
I sense that surrender opens us to love. Inwardly, we can respond to any situation in life in one of two ways. We can resist, brace, harden, or we can yield, open, and soften. When we resist, we cling to the False Self for security. We fall into instinctual patterns & survival mechanisms. If we surrender, we open our heart to loving spiritual energy. We create a space for Divine participation & guidance.
TemporalDissonance wrote:how surrendered are you usually?
For me, TD, it is a moment-to-moment learning; a spiritual practice to which I am devoted. I am very much an aspirant when it comes to all things spiritual.

I so enjoy your posts, TD. It's nice to have you around here!
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby TemporalDissonance » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:23 pm

treasuretheday wrote:I sense that surrender opens us to love. Inwardly, we can respond to any situation in life in one of two ways. We can resist, brace, harden, or we can yield, open, and soften. When we resist, we cling to the False Self for security. We fall into instinctual patterns & survival mechanisms. If we surrender, we open our heart to loving spiritual energy. We create a space for Divine participation & guidance.

I know this is perhaps a futile exercise, because these are only pointers. If one were to describe this love, the love of the Awareness, what would it be? Certainly, it wouldn't be that of a romantic love. I sense it is more of deep compassion, a knowing even witnessing compassion.
TemporalDissonance

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:40 am

For me TD, its even simpler than that - it's life. All of life, in all its gory-glory.

I heard Don Miguel Ruiz, in his gorgeous, luxurious, heart filled accent that does wonderful things to even the word lurvff
(hehehe hmm see if you can find a video online of him saying it) he said

(and gosh I want to paint it in the sky)

Love
is the equilibrium
(equilibrium being - the condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts ...)

Love is the equilibrium of gratitude and generosity.

Yum over yum over yum over yum!!

Think about it look, sense, touch, feel, see, hear anything absolutely anything or anyone with an equilibrium of gratitude and generosity

- the clouds in the sky - WOW!! look at that amazing work of art, all momentary, all gone and changed in a flash and no matter the combination - wow, stunning show of art!!

A person walking past you - look at how amazing a creature they are.. wow!! gosh, wonder oh wonder!

I know I sound a little crazy now, but that is what love is - real love, not trade you this for that contracting, nope, just pure unadulterated unrestricted, unlimited gratitude and generosity.

Try it!!! :D

Then it matters not what is happening around you, but what is happening within you.

Then you can be crazy like us :lol:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby merlin41 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:44 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:
- the clouds in the sky - WOW!! look at that amazing work of art, all momentary, all gone and changed in a flash and no matter the combination - wow, stunning show of art!!

A person walking past you - look at how amazing a creature they are.. wow!! gosh, wonder oh wonder!

I know I sound a little crazy now, but that is what love is - real love, not trade you this for that contracting, nope, just pure unadulterated unrestricted, unlimited gratitude and generosity.

Try it!!! :D

Then it matters not what is happening around you, but what is happening within you.

Wonderful post smiileyjen I just love that experience when love alights on my shoulders, its like being drunk, but with life instead of wine, though that can be good at times as well :D

another rumi quote I like:

Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy,
absentminded. Someone sober
will worry about things going badly.
Let the lover be.
“I would like my life to be a statement of love and compassion--and where it isn't, that's where my work lies.”
― Ram Dass
merlin41

Postby TemporalDissonance » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:Love is the equilibrium of gratitude and generosity.

Beautiful. Thanks smiileyjen101 and merlin41 for your poem.
TemporalDissonance

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:53 am

Merlin said: I just love that experience when love alights on my shoulders, its like being drunk, but with life instead of wine, though that can be good at times as well :D

:D After I wrote that yesterday I went for a wander over to a park across the road from my home to 'be' for a moment. To sort of shake off the euphoria of the mere expressing of it :wink:

Alas joy unbridled just bubbles. On the side of the road was a feather, a common feather from a black and white bird, probably a magpie, much maligned as a pest. I picked it up in gratitude & generosity, curiosity and awareness. the silky soft feel of it was divine, so fragile yet resilient - and this had contributed to the bird's flight - imagine that!!

The black 'bled' in a gorgeous pattern like wet paint does on a wet surface, into the white, every feather (cloud, leaf, branch, blade of grass - person, building, everything is individual in its patterning and yet we collapse things in our labelling, our projections - in reality it's all stunning! Along the very edge of the feather I learned something new. These predominantly black and white birds, who usually have tinges of grey as babies, have the most awesome tinge of an incredible electric jade colour right along the edges of the feather - hold it up to the light and it glitters, just like the metallic paints we've created - my gratitude and generosity grew even more!! As I held it up to the light delighting in the electric jade I noticed clouds bumping across an azure blue sky - ahhhhh!! This is the moment, this is life!! Falling into love moment by moment by moment.

Then I noticed a neighbour across the street looking at me (a little concerned :wink: ) and I laughed, smiled over to her and looked again at the ever changing wonder of the sky-scape, totally absorbed in this really better than a movie wonderful viewing experience, free, available any time we want to connect and pay attention. My body freely, slowly, turned to experience the full skyscape, interrupted in parts by building lines and colours and textures, tree lines and colours and textures all melded together into views that we take for granted when we're not paying attention.

As I walked back across the street, still under the gaze of my neighbour I reflected and wondered how she might have viewed my 'momentness' - it probably looked scatty, belying the intensity of connection and actual attention in the moments, wonder what label she might have aligned it with. ... ADD? .... I'm not ADD, or ADHD, but kids who are 'in the moment' in class or when someone else wants their attention, we've judged and labelled them... just like we've labelled magpies 'pests' and clouds - whatever - depending on our desires and needs of the weather.

It's all good. It's all right here, right now, every single moment - being in love is merely being.
smiileyjen101

Postby merlin41 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:29 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Merlin said: I just love that experience when love alights on my shoulders, its like being drunk, but with life instead of wine, though that can be good at times as well :D

:D After I wrote that yesterday I went for a wander over to a park across the road from my home to 'be' for a moment. To sort of shake off the euphoria of the mere expressing of it :wink:

Alas joy unbridled just bubbles. On the side of the road was a feather, a common feather from a black and white bird, probably a magpie, much maligned as a pest. I picked it up in gratitude & generosity, curiosity and awareness. the silky soft feel of it was divine, so fragile yet resilient - and this had contributed to the bird's flight - imagine that!!

The black 'bled' in a gorgeous pattern like wet paint does on a wet surface, into the white, every feather (cloud, leaf, branch, blade of grass - person, building, everything is individual in its patterning and yet we collapse things in our labelling, our projections - in reality it's all stunning! Along the very edge of the feather I learned something new. These predominantly black and white birds, who usually have tinges of grey as babies, have the most awesome tinge of an incredible electric jade colour right along the edges of the feather - hold it up to the light and it glitters, just like the metallic paints we've created - my gratitude and generosity grew even more!! As I held it up to the light delighting in the electric jade I noticed clouds bumping across an azure blue sky - ahhhhh!! This is the moment, this is life!! Falling into love moment by moment by moment.

Wonderful smiileyjen it reminds me of one of my favourite scenes in "American Beauty" "The Plastic bag one" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qssvnjj5Moo

"That's the day I realized that there was this entire life behind things, and this incredibly benevolent force that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid. Ever. Video is a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember ... I need to remember...

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world ... I feel like I can't take it... and my heart is just going to cave in."
“I would like my life to be a statement of love and compassion--and where it isn't, that's where my work lies.”
― Ram Dass
merlin41

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Experiences