Healing trauma

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Healing trauma

Postby imago dei » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:23 am

Does anybody of you has ever experienced it, or is still trapped in a spiral of negativity??
I won against it, that's why i'm still here and now. Share your story, if you feel the need.
Know thyself.
imago dei

Re: Healing trauma

Postby heidi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi Imago - I realized recently that much of how we operate is from the foundation of memories (both good and traumatic) formed over time. We have these memories (words and pictures) that stick with us, and they don't need to. The reason they stick is because there is a bodily sensation attached to them.
The good news is that they can be unstuck. :D Over recent months I've been doing facilitated inquiry with Scott Kiloby and some of his facilitators. I have learned that when a picture or words flash through the mind, I can slow it down and inspect it, inquire of it "Is that the threat?" The answer is usually No, it's just a picture or word. The sticky ones are the ones that have what Scott calls the velcro effect. They are attached to a sensation in the body. Example: You are afraid of dogs because one bit you when you were a child, so now as an adult when a picture of a dog pops through your consciousness your body has a flight/fright response. Through inquiry a person can look at the picture or words and see that there is no threat there, then sit with the sensation and see that that the threat can't be found. I have found this kind of work so powerful on every level, as I am able to relax into any situation. When we really stop and look, everything is un-findable. :D
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Re: Healing trauma

Postby imago dei » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:11 am

heidi wrote:Hi Imago - I realized recently that much of how we operate is from the foundation of memories (both good and traumatic) formed over time. We have these memories (words and pictures) that stick with us, and they don't need to. The reason they stick is because there is a bodily sensation attached to them.
The good news is that they can be unstuck. :D Over recent months I've been doing facilitated inquiry with Scott Kiloby and some of his facilitators. I have learned that when a picture or words flash through the mind, I can slow it down and inspect it, inquire of it "Is that the threat?" The answer is usually No, it's just a picture or word. The sticky ones are the ones that have what Scott calls the velcro effect. They are attached to a sensation in the body. Example: You are afraid of dogs because one bit you when you were a child, so now as an adult when a picture of a dog pops through your consciousness your body has a flight/fright response. Through inquiry a person can look at the picture or words and see that there is no threat there, then sit with the sensation and see that that the threat can't be found. I have found this kind of work so powerful on every level, as I am able to relax into any situation. When we really stop and look, everything is un-findable. :D

I feel this is true, the mind can really convince us that its "fantasies" are reality, but we have to dis-identify with those images and memories as soon as possibile....i think in this case an immediate contact with our breath and body sensation is the key, so all the past images just disappear like drops under the sun!!
Know thyself.
imago dei

Return to Personal Experiences