My experience

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

My experience

Postby panserg » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:31 pm

I decided to write about my experience to regularize it and ofcourse for those who may interested in it.

Well I started reading the book for about 1/2 of a month. As I am familiar with the topic, text written in the book was very easy for me to take. As there were said, the text by itself brings the reader to enlightment state. That was amazing feeling! That's why I decided to continue with the book. I tried to read the next book (practice) but was disappointed by it. So that why I return to the first book. During reading I found my mind resisting to normal taking the information written in the book. That fact was significant clear seen when I was reading the book for the second time. My mind is doing everything to stop me reading the book. That's why I decided to make a pause to let the information assimilate. And also I found some web-site about enlightment where it is devided to 2 sections:
- enlightment via mind (Tolle's book is there)
- enlightment via body (for example yoga practice)
So, now I decided to but off the Tolle's book for a while and make some body and mental practices.
I think it is good idea to approach the issue from more than one sides.
(to be continued...)
panserg

Re: My experience

Postby runstrails » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi Panserg,
Welcome to the forum!
I find that some yoga practices (like vinyasa or slow flow yoga) and Tai Chi or Qi Gong can be really helpful body based practices in the spiritual journey.
Keep us posted on your journey.
runstrails

Return to Personal Experiences