Community

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Community

Postby magicbutterfly » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:05 am

I have a strong need for a community of like minded individuals and am grateful for this forum. Still, I want more. :D I want to be a part of a real community of people who are on the path of awareness and specifically those who follow the path of Eckhart Tolle. Does anyone here know of anything like a spiritual community one could join and where one could live long term? Thanks.
"As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease." Ekhart Tolle, The Power of Now
magicbutterfly

Re: Community

Postby AlohaFriends » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:09 pm

I had the same kind of fantasy before. I looked up local groups through ET’s site and found one and only here in Hawaii. I emailed them and received a response in about one month saying something like “We don’t have a group…..yet”. One year later, I tried again. Same response.

Well, this kind of seeking feels the same as seeking a lover or a “soulmate”. Excited ?

magicbutterfly wrote:I have a strong need for a community of like minded individuals

“Strong” ?--Being on the journey is to ease one’s needs including this one
AlohaFriends

Re: Community

Postby magicbutterfly » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:23 am

Yes, I realize that it's just a desire for a situation in the future and thus of the ego. I also know that all I need is here and now (this community, for example, for which I'm grateful).
I watched ET's video on loneliness - he speaks of the Buddha being lonely and to accept the loneliness because it is what it is and to transmute into solitude through acceptance and surrender. I do all that and it helps and for the most part I have surrendered. I also speak about The Power of Now to anyone who seems open to it in real life but for the most part I feel like I am not of this world any more. I don't belong and the loneliness is sometimes overwhelming. Perhaps this is my time on the park bench just being but I keep resisting... :(
"As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease." Ekhart Tolle, The Power of Now
magicbutterfly

Return to Personal Experiences