Wondering if I can get input on an article about depression

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Wondering if I can get input on an article about depress

Postby KathleenBrugger » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:31 pm

I was thinking about TJ this weekend and I realized this idea of the "pursuit of individual excellence" was a product of what is called the "Age of Enlightenment." These philosophers were looking for a rational approach to the liberation of the human mind, freed from the bounds of religious tradition. That feels like what I am doing in my life!

Smileyjen, I think you're probably right about the woman at the gate being afraid of what she had done! The corporate world definitely locks people in to a fear-based approach to decision-making; don't think for yourself because it might cost you your job!

I have thought of having as a goal: in every interaction with people in the world, no matter how small or trivial, reach for that human connection. Not saying I do this, but I'm glad you've brought this goal back into my mind.

Smileyjen wrote: Hold onto your hat!! There's a lot of 'pee tingly' feeling and crisis of faith opportunities when one does. But yes, it cracks the world open in love when we do.

I'll try and remember to do this and report back! :D
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences