Duality shift in London UK

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Duality shift in London UK

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Jack - I'm fairly new to the forum but since joining have gained a huge amount in terms of understanding myself and others - I extend you all my warmest thanks :)

I'd like to share some experiences with you and see if they resonate - especially with others living in London who may like to meet and discuss this in person. As wonderful as this forum is, being in the full radiance of another must be delightful. NB: the story below is largely a repeat of a post on a separate topic but as this was hijacked by egos I thought I would try again :p

In brief, I've been practicing self-inquiry as advised by Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatta and Gary Weber (not to mention the extremely important guidance of this forum's SighClone who has been a true friend and guide). Over the past few weeks this led to a major diminishing of the "I" to the point that it was obvious that "jack" is a fiction, that I am completely empty and that no one is home. While residing in that space in my kitchen my attention was drawn to the sound of churning water coming from thr dishwasher. Though words can not reach the depths of what I experienced I will just say that it was obvious the sound of the water came from that same emptiness I realised I am. Following a brief exchange with SighClone this realised expanded into everything. All is nothing. Therefore, I am everything. Since then my perception is different. I do not see difference. It is obvious that all is one and simultaneously nothing. If "I" thoughts arise this feeling diminishes but this is a signal to more inquiry and a return to unity. Initally this shift was accompanied by a deep darkness. My darkest fears from childhood terror of abandonment to teenage anxiety and paranoia came forth like a monster from the depths. With the help of SighClone and Gary Weber this is now manageable. Despite the clear enormity of this shift there is also a feeling that this is nothing special. In the first couple of days I wanted everyone to know but now that desire is reduced. All beings are in the dance and this divine unity can never be understood by my limited mind - others will dance their individual lives as life intends as I watch and smile detached from care or worry. Yet to spend time in the prescence of another experienced in this shift feels like such a beautiful thing. Watching videos of Adyashanti, Mooji and others has brought tears of recognition into my eyes. I write this in the hope that another in London shares these experiences so we can meet and experience that wordless connection together. Maybe reading this will also be of benefit to others. Or create resistance in them that can be investigated to shine the light on the "I". Maybe it will inspire another to take up the self-inquiry to which I owe this beautiful and on going change. Of course knowing is completely beyond me as is the free will to write this message. I find great comfort in this realisation.

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Re: Duality shift in London UK

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:48 pm

Congratulations on the insight you are gaining. You may wish to consider however, that to say "...it was obvious that "jack" is a fiction,..." may not tell the whole story (And it is still a story). While it may be true in the larger perspective that Jack is a fiction, Jack is also a legitimate experience in being. This is no small matter as you will likely continue a relationship with this experience of Jack for a lifetime.

'Jack' has momentum as an experience, as well as value to That which created him - or maybe better said - that which created the experience of Jack. This Jack perspective has some freedom to explore this unique human environment, and I suspect that Jack is going to be around for awhile doing what Jack was designed to do - that is explore experience in this unique human condition.

In the long run the Jack perspective may just be filed away and/or incorporated into a larger perspective within an even larger awareness. But that's not Jack's concern at the moment, although it certainly adds to perspective in being - even as Jack. Jack's role is to live in uniqueness, exploring all that this human environment has to offer.

Enjoy the endless possibilities that exist. After all you're here.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Thank you very much for your comments WW - I find this deeply insightful.

Webwanderer wrote:Jack is also a legitimate experience in being

This is becoming more apparent as time goes on. Initially I had an "all or nothing" approach to non-duality - I am either the relative mind/body of Jack or I am the absolute - the nothing/everything. I forget which wise person on this forum said these words but they went along the lines, "the infinite and the finite within the same breath". Put another way, the point of consciousness from which I experience, the entirely of the universe, and the nothing which gives birth to these are a perfect whole. One, Oneness, Nothingness. This is slowly sinking in. Talking of Jack as a legitimate experience in being is a beautiful and powerful way of putting it.

Webwanderer wrote:explore experience in this unique human condition

Jack has never been happier than he is now. Life seems to be unfolding for him in a way that is so effortless and amazing. Fears and desires are less. These things still arise and that is fine. The tendency to act as an "ego cop" is less.

Webwanderer wrote:Enjoy the endless possibilities that exist. After all you're here.

I feel curious to find out how this will unfold. Patient to allow it to unfold.
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Sighclone » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:14 am

There may be no "Jack," but I'll bet there is a fair amount of "Jackness" lingering...that's Fred Davis' take on residue or scaffolding (kiki) of ego.

Be well,

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby runstrails » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:46 am

Good stuff, Jack. Keep the posts coming.
May I also suggest developing some sort of routine during your satori--which will remain with you for later. Sitting quietly, or in meditation, breathing practices, walking/running in nature, yoga, tai chi all can be beneficial. I find it's important to have a 'timeout' from worldly existence even if it is for a few minutes.
runstrails

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:44 am

Hey Andy. "Jackness" is certainly still there. I'm not trying to fight him - as the above message from WW sinks in more and more I see all the emotional and thought residues of the happening of jack (..the "Jackening..") as equally legitimate as everything else. If I go inside the emptiness I sense everything within, including these emotions and thoughts. I suppose this is what the Buddha meant by the middle path? No resistance of the peaks, no resistance of the troughs, only acceptance.

Thanks RT - no doubt the posts will continue as this altered consciousness continues to expand in a wave of experience. Those all sound like excellent suggestions. I had been thinking about taking up running for a while - I'm sure this will happen soon. I do a little yoga also. I hear exercise is good for bringing residual information out of the body. My worldly existence isn't very pressured - it feels one with my practice. My new favourite thing is sitting on the tube surrounded by people and going inside and experiencing it all within. Knowing I am just dipping my toe in makes the thought of easing in my foot an exciting experience :)
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Yonlee » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:09 am

Can one perceive without analyzing or labeling the experience. "Jack" , "depth" , "fears" let it be without labeling it. Without dwelling over it. One exists in the body as a distinct unit identity (person) yet one can also reconnect with the whole and feel the whole through the distinct unit. The story is the content in the mind about the experience. Observe the mind, ignore the thoughts, feel the body, feel the sensations, breathe. :)
Yonlee

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:49 pm

Thanks Yonlee :)

Yonlee wrote:One exists in the body as a distinct unit identity (person) yet one can also reconnect with the whole and feel the whole through the distinct unit.

Things are moving more in this direction now. I spend most of the day and night dissolved as awareness and let the body do it's own thing. It's wonderful
EnterZenFromThere

Postby dijmart » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:33 am

EnterZenFromThere wrote: "the infinite and the finite within the same breath". Put another way, the point of consciousness from which I experience, the entirely of the universe, and the nothing which gives birth to these are a perfect whole. One, Oneness, Nothingness. This is slowly sinking in. Talking of Jack as a legitimate experience in being is a beautiful and powerful way of putting it.

This is a great few lines! I think in the beginning it's easy to get stuck in the absolute, even if just for awhile, but to get stuck in any one perspective is not the whole truth. I will talk from the "ultimate" perspective still if making a point, but really it's the un-manifest that has manifested itself, therefore it is all one. Even if are human perspective is the dream of the absolute, the dream and dreamer can't be separate ultimately.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:21 am

I couldn't agree more. I think of consciousness as a spiral. Seen from the top it looks like one perfect circle, shift to the horizontal perspective and you see it is a continuation of layered and connected circles. Believing in only one layer (bit it gross/relative, celestial, knowledge, absolute or any other that exists) is like looking at the spiral from the top and leads to ignorance of the bigger picture. Continually questioning reality and aligning with the Divine seem like a good way to know the Truth.

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby dijmart » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:13 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote: I think of consciousness as a spiral. Seen from the top it looks like one perfect circle, shift to the horizontal perspective and you see it is a continuation of layered and connected circles. Believing in only one layer (bit it gross/relative, celestial, knowledge, absolute or any other that exists) is like looking at the spiral from the top and leads to ignorance of the bigger picture.

Yep, I've never heard it described this way, but I dig it. I think we all have some conceptual "idea" of it, which of course can't be "it" since it can only be pointed to, but if it leads to further understanding, then hey why not.
dijmart

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:53 pm

Certainly. Just a concept but concepts can be useful sign posts when it is realised they are pointing to something beyond themselves.

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby dijmart » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:27 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:Certainly. Just a concept but concepts can be useful sign posts when it is realised they are pointing to something beyond themselves.

Jack

Yeh, actually forget what I said, of course it's a concept, concepts are necessary for communicating. :lol: Sorry
dijmart

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:42 am

I'm glad you posted about concepts. It pointed out my own conceptual traps and how important it is for us all to focus on what is.

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Return to Personal Experiences