You Are Already There, You Cannot Be Anywhere Else

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

You Are Already There, You Cannot Be Anywhere Else

Postby Psychoslice » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:27 am

For me personally I was already where Tolle was, as we all are, but I didn't realize what it was that I experienced until I started to read his first book, and also Tony Parsons. I have schizophrenia, and one night I was so over whelmed with emotional pain, that I just fell onto my bed, I just gave in to all that was destroying me, which I know now to be my mind. In this experience I felt my whole body expand throughout the Cosmos, I felt that I was all there IS, it wasn't just knowing through the mind, it was a knowing throughout my whole Being. It was peace that I have never felt before, I cannot put it into a concept, for what I experience is beyond the mind, but experienced through the mind. Because it is experienced through the mind, it is in a way tainted by the mind, and this is why we can never say what it truly is, we can only point to it, and even that is not what is, the paradox is that you are already THAT, but at the same time you are not that, it all depends on what level, That is seen from.
Last edited by Psychoslice on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychoslice

Re: You Are Already That, You Cannot be Anythuing Else

Postby runstrails » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi Psychoslice,
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, indeed, non-duality is full of paradoxes. My favorite is that you have to work really hard (i.e., self-inquiry) to realize that there is nothing to do in the first place!
runstrails

Re: You Are Already That, You Cannot be Anythuing Else

Postby Psychoslice » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:30 am

runstrails wrote:Hi Psychoslice,
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, indeed, non-duality is full of paradoxes. My favorite is that you have to work really hard (i.e., self-inquiry) to realize that there is nothing to do in the first place!

Sure, but when one does realize, one now realizes it was all for nothing, you were there all along. There are many who are trying hard, but only few ever do realize, if trying hard was the way to go, then there would be many more THERE. If we are under grace it will happen no matter what you do, but yes its better to do something than totally nothing, if we awaken or not at least we were more balance in our everyday life.
Psychoslice

Re: You Are Already There, You Cannot Be Anywhere Else

Postby Psychoslice » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:49 am

This whole idea of Enlightenment is a child's game, children are born in Consciousness, we then condition and program them, which brings them out of Consciousness, that is in the mind body perspective. But of course they are always there in Consciousness, and this is the game that we play in life, its like hind and seek, its a great game to play, but for most its a nightmare. Its a nightmare because we are asleep, this is only when we can have a nightmare, when we are asleep. We need to become as children again, not little brats, but little life absorbers, not conditioning, but flowing with life, not programming, but deprogramming. We have all been fooled by the fools, and if we don't awaken, we will also be the fools that fools everyone else.
Psychoslice

Postby Psychoslice » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:30 am

I have heard it said that much pain and suffering can ignite one into Awakening, I don't know if this is the case, but it certainly was in my life story. I have always or it seems I have, drawn people to me that want to hurt me, I was raped when young, I was shot while driving my car just out side of town, I have had a knife to my throat at least 3 times. But now in hindsight I would never change anything that has happened in my life, for all these thing pushed this mind body to awaken. I also have schizophrenia, or should I say the mind body has schizophrenia, because of this, it caused my mind to just give in, the mind for those minutes was gone, and in those minutes there was the realization that I am one with all there is. When I say that it caused the mind to give in, I think it sort of caused the mind to burn out, its hard to describe, words cannot do that.

In this disappearance I felt within that I was one with all there is, it wasn't an intellectual knowing, it was sort of an inner knowing, there I go again with those rotten words lol. For the first time in my life I felt true happiness, and love, in those seconds I realized that the love I thought I had wasn't love at all, it was only clinging to what satisfied me, or the senses. This love that I felt was completely different, it had no boundaries, it was one with all there is, not for one person or family member's, but all.

This experience has changed my life forever, and I feel that because of compassion I need to share this with others who are fighting to know themselves. I just feel I need to let them know that they are already there, yes you can spend years on a path, but why ?, just stop and realize that you are all there is, you cannot be anything else but pure consciousness, anything else is consciousness playing games with you, yes, if you enjoy the game of finding who you are then stay there, but if you don't then Awaken from the game, that's it in a nut shell, we can either feast on the husk, or the kernel of truth, its your choice.
Psychoslice

Postby Fore » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:02 pm

Good onya mate, thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the forum. :)
Fore

Postby Psychoslice » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:23 pm

Thank you Fore, much appreciated .
Psychoslice

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks very much for sharing your story slice. I love to hear about these life changing revelations :)

I've had some similar experiences recently and was wondering if you contine to experience this boundlessness or if anything has changed since that experience? How is sleep for you?

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Psychoslice » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:11 am

EnterZenFromThere wrote:Thanks very much for sharing your story slice. I love to hear about these life chan, ,ging revelations :)

I've had some similar experiences recently and was wondering if you contine to experience this boundlessness or if anything has changed since that experience? How is sleep for you?

Jack

Hi Zen, the actual experience isn't what is, the experience itself is secondary to that which is. When one has awaken it can take some time to adjust to the world, the mind or ego will try everything to put you back to sleep, so there can be a feeling of great bliss, with a back ground of confusion. Just like learning to walk can be exciting for a baby, but to completely get to the stage of walking there will be also stages of falling down.

Many who do taste the pure source and experience the bliss, get caught up in the trap of trying to experience that bliss over and over again, its like a drug to them. These usually fall back to sleep because it wasn't time for them to awaken yet, or should I say, it wasn't time for them to realize they were there all along.

When one has awakens one also realizes that they are not the mind, the mind is just a tool to be used throughout this life as the mind body organism. This truth is now always there as we walk through our so called life, and because of this we don't take things so serious, we laugh at things we never laughed at before, of course every now and then the mind will try to take over, we may be awake but the mnd is still there, we can either make it our friend or enemy.

Yes I do sleep well these days, I had a problem sleeping that lasted for years, it was because of Post trumatic stress, which was caused by being shot by someone along the highway as I was driving. For years after this happened I dreampt of being chased by someone with a gun, the dream would always end with me caught in the corner of a room, I would then wake up yelling. But now after the experience I sleep a lot better, I think its because I now live in the here and now, not in the past or so called future.
Psychoslice

Postby Onceler » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:50 am

I appreciate your sharing of your experiences, psychoslice. I believe honest relating of ones personal experience, good or bad, is the most beneficial for everyone....as opposed to offering ones conceptual understanding.

Thanks again, it really rang true.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Psychoslice » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:16 am

Thank you Onceler , that was very nice of you.
Psychoslice

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:51 am

It sounds like you are in a good place Slice. The reason I ask about sleep is because I heard a man speak recently who said the very least a fully awakened person (or "person") should be able to do is be conscious 24/7. This would mean being fully aware during all the activities waking life has to offer, during dream states, and during deep, dreamless sleep. The man I heard say this is reported to have been in an uninterrupted state of consciousness for 50-60 years. I am wary of "people" like Tony Parsons who say all this about awakening as I'm not sure everyone is on the same page as to what awakening actually is and what it means in terms of spiritual development. For me at the moment there are four phases: 1) understanding (e.g. an intellectual concept of enlightenment, liberation etc) 2) realisation (a moment of insight beyond thought leading to a permanent shift in the perception of reality) 3) full awakening (the perception of reality has shifted to the point where consciousness is permanent 24/7 without exception - literally every moment of every day [anesthesia may be an interesting exception to this rule]) 4) liberation (following full awakening the process is not complete. It may seem complete because when perceived, a drop of the infinite will have the appearance of being absolutely complete - however, this absolute completeness has the potential to unfold infinitely - continuously revealing itself to itself to a greater and greater extent revealing the subtleness of consciousness to a greater and greater extent like turning up a dimmer switch in a dark room - some suggest this has the potential for some kind of end point where full liberation is possible. To me this would mean literally becoming God with no trace of illusion of limitation. Someone in this state would have the ability to do anything, including bringing others into this state. I'm not sure if this is possible for a human to do but if accounts of individuals who have met the 24/7 criteria for full awakening are believed the process continues to unfold, possibly indefinitely).

I would urge you to investigate your present state and see if you are indeed at some kind of end point. Are you conscious 24/7? If not, in my opinion, you are not fully awakened (which isn't to say you haven't had profound realisations about your true nature). If you are conscious 24/7 does consciousness continue to unfold itself to itself?

I write this because I briefly visited an associate of Tony Parsons who convinced me not to engage in practices and that nothing could be done to continue my development. I have continued my practices and am now growing ever more conscious during all apparent states in time (including deep sleep and dream states). This process is accelerating - not stopping. I am concerned the mode of thought put forward my Tony Parsons et al. (e.g. you are not a person, nothing can be done to realise the self) is a limited and dualistic view which may hinder the development of strong aspirants who genuinely desire to fully realise the self and explore the infinite unfolding of the self to the self. I would be surprised if you (and many others) don't think that I am some lost, deluded fool somehow trapped within a contracted energy field of illusory separate self because I contradict this point of view. I hope that your own investigations will prove me wrong - but please don't stop investigating. Saying you are already there, even having a strong realisation of "there", does not mean that "there" is the true reality of your existence.
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Psychoslice » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:56 am

Hi EnterZenFromThere, I'm not really in the habit of telling people their not truly awake, I see all as one, and all are no lower or high than you or me, even if there is a realization or not. I have never said my self to be enlightened, because enlightenment has nothing to do with myself, its beyond me and you.

I feel Tony Parsons has a lot of good to teach, he has helped many people, and many have awoken because of his teachings, as with Tolle also.

I think its best not to look at others and judge them if their awake or not, its much better to go within yourself and find your own answers, any thing that you hear or see from the outside isn't what is within, Tolle, Tony or any so called teaches can never awaken you, they can only point to that which is, if there is going to be an awakening there will be, if not there will not be, and it doesn't matter because we are all ready there.

The ego mind will try to come up with all sorts of excuse's, it will judge everything it hears that has anything to do with awakening. This awakening isn't a race to see who can be the first to awaken, its no big deal, its our true nature, what's so hard about that. Animals are naturals at it, we humans because of our so call intelligence, seem to make a big deal out of it, but again its no big deal, its simply who we are.
Psychoslice

Postby dijmart » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:36 am

EnterZenFromThere wrote: Are you conscious 24/7? If not, in my opinion, you are not fully awakened

Wow, that's quite an opinion :? . This business of having to be conscious 24/7 sounds like hog wash and frankly I've yet to hear of it until now.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Psychoslice » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:55 am

dijmart wrote:
EnterZenFromThere wrote: Are you conscious 24/7? If not, in my opinion, you are not fully awakened

Wow, that's quite an opinion :? . This business of having to be conscious 24/7 sounds like hog wash and frankly I've yet to hear of it until now.

Why would you want to walk around 24/7 feeling within consciousness, there is the mind body to take care of, consciousness didn't make the mind body to do that, why would it when it SELF is consciousness, through the mind body we can enjoy the beauty of our creation which arises from our true being of consciousness. Its silly to think that we have to be in pure bliss all day and all night long, after all its just that, a feeling, the feeling is not what is, it is secondary to that, you seem more interested in the feeling and not what is beyond the feeling.
Psychoslice

Next

Return to Personal Experiences