My book about my experience in consciousness

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby dijmart » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Psychoslice wrote: the people here might find it interesting, so that's why I shared it here.


I appologize for my statement, perhaps it was premature. I was thinking that maybe you were here on this forum solely to market your book. Was it a judgement? I guess it was, guilty as charged. The hanging can commence :lol: Peas will be so happy.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby peas » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:19 pm

dijmart wrote:Peas will be so happy.


Swapping one judgment for another.
peas
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby Psychoslice » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:51 pm

dijmart wrote:
Psychoslice wrote: the people here might find it interesting, so that's why I shared it here.


I appologize for my statement, perhaps it was premature. I was thinking that maybe you were here on this forum solely to market your book. Was it a judgement? I guess it was, guilty as charged. The hanging can commence :lol: Peas will be so happy.

No its OK, I thought the same thing, so that's why I asked one of the staff members, I'll never make much on the book and I didn't really right it for that reason. I meet a guy on another forum who was a writer, he liked what I was sharing and said that I should put my experience into a book, so I did, and it was very hard for me because I'm not the best at writing anything, but I did it.
User avatar
Psychoslice
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:07 am

DJ I want to thank you sincerely for opening up this branch of perspective.
I have this notion that we are all the instruments of our own and others' learning, all of us.

There's an interesting 'hold apart'ness in writing, or maybe any of the arts, but it's really not any different to any other trade or profession, and writers no different to any other trader/trades person or professional.

Practicing or promoting oneself or one's 'business' etc is only a part of a person, as we all know.

I wonder if any of us analyse our reasons for being on this forum - surely it is to share perspectives, we may come in the first place for many reasons, but if we stay... then there's a commitment building in the sharing.

Psychoslice said: I'll never make much on the book and I didn't really right it for that reason. I meet a guy on another forum who was a writer, he liked what I was sharing and said that I should put my experience into a book, so I did, and it was very hard for me because I'm not the best at writing anything, but I did it.

It's interesting times in the publishing world these days, gate-less entry. Very few published authors actually make even a basic living out of it.

It's interesting to note that most these days either write because they 'have' to, it's like breathing air. And others because as with your story some are encouraged to share an authentic experience.

In the 'old' gated publishing days, a tale such as yours would have been encouraged to be turned into a fiction story, folks would not have believed it!!

Something about us growing in awareness and authenticity is allowing us to embrace the experiences of others like never before in our history, even where facts are stranger than fiction, and ordinary humans experiencing the not so ordinary, without it changing their ordinariness.

In a way, we are becoming our own parables, or looking for parables in the experiences of others.

(which is why I'm really interested in your experience in this DJ... all experiences are a journey, an adventure, of sorts.)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
User avatar
smiileyjen101
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby dijmart » Thu May 01, 2014 1:27 am

peas wrote:
dijmart wrote:Peas will be so happy.


Swapping one judgment for another.


Ok, Peas...whatever you say. :D
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby Onceler » Thu May 01, 2014 1:32 am

I too wonder why people are on this forum, SJ. I wonder why I am many days.
Be present, be pleasant.
User avatar
Onceler
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:35 am
Location: My house

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby dijmart » Thu May 01, 2014 1:42 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:DJ I want to thank you sincerely for opening up this branch of perspective.


What perspective? Judging prematurely? Basically, I wrote what I thought at the time I wrote it and with more information and thought about it I changed my mind. I realized that you can't judge a book by it's cover :lol: ...Get it?


(which is why I'm really interested in your experience in this DJ... all experiences are a journey, an adventure, of sorts.)


I really don't know what you're asking me here? If you want to know what lead me to spirituality and then to this forum, it was plain old suffering. I could list all the ways I suffered, but why?
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby Psychoslice » Thu May 01, 2014 3:27 am

Talking about why we are on this forum, for me its just to hear what others have to say about their own experience, we all have a different way of explaining it, this is because the experience comes through the mind body, the mind tries to interpret the experience the best way it can, and this experience that we share is secondary to that which is, as you all know we can only point to that which was experienced. And this is what I like to hear, its poetry to my heart, I can feel what they felt at the time of their own experience.
User avatar
Psychoslice
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat May 03, 2014 2:10 am

DJ said: What perspective? Judging prematurely? Basically, I wrote what I thought at the time I wrote it and with more information and thought about it I changed my mind. I realized that you can't judge a book by it's cover :lol: ...Get it?


Yep, get it :lol:
I love your authenticity DJ, I really do. We (all) burp and fart and when we realize someone else has noticed it, we either go 'oops, excuse me' or get defensive or deny it....
More 'polite' acquaintances wouldn't have mentioned it - by that I mean my mentioning it allowed space for whether any new 'realizations' would arise, or if it would create a reaction of resistance and attachment to that perspective, either would be fine in the dance - :lol:

I wonder if any of us analyse our reasons for being on this forum - surely it is to share perspectives, we may come in the first place for many reasons, but if we stay... then there's a commitment building in the sharing.

Onceler said: I too wonder why people are on this forum, SJ. I wonder why I am many days.


Why do I come here? Because (mostly) there is space to play/dance without offence being felt, and discuss elements of perspectives without being personally offensive.

The commitment that the stayers and players have here is that we become not strangers, not acquaintances, but friends who can differ in perspectives and opinions, in love (in gratitude & generosity).

In a way this place provides the 'space' that I've quoted ET saying where we can express ourselves authentically and share our experiences and perspectives without placing an 'over-value' or 'under-value' on them and at the same time illuminate it, or have it illuminated if we are appearing to over or under value them.

I have this notion that we are all the instruments of our own and others' learning, all of us.

Only by putting it out there can we test the validity of our perspectives, and learn freely. Far better to do so in an atmosphere of love, than fear.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
User avatar
smiileyjen101
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby dijmart » Sat May 03, 2014 2:57 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:Yep, get it :lol:


Good! :lol:

I love your authenticity DJ, I really do. We (all) burp and fart and when we realize someone else has noticed it, we either go 'oops, excuse me' or get defensive or deny it....
More 'polite' acquaintances wouldn't have mentioned it - by that I mean my mentioning it allowed space for whether any new 'realizations' would arise, or if it would create a reaction of resistance and attachment to that perspective, either would be fine in the dance - :lol:


Thanks Jen! Love your example of the burping/farting :lol:


I wonder if any of us analyse our reasons for being on this forum - surely it is to share perspectives, we may come in the first place for many reasons, but if we stay... then there's a commitment building in the sharing.


I've seem to come and go from the forum, sometimes because life gives no time to make it a priority, others because either my ego couldn't stand the exposure, I got tired of the debates or there weren't posts I was rezzing with that I wanted to comment on. Also, sometimes there just becomes too much mental noise and if I think it's coming from posting here, then I leave for awhile. However, I always come back :D


Only by putting it out there can we test the validity of our perspectives, and learn freely. Far better to do so in an atmosphere of love, than fear.


This is why I come back, so I don't delude myself. Someone will always call you out on your crap! :lol:
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat May 03, 2014 3:37 am

This is why I come back, so I don't delude myself. Someone will always call you out on your crap! :lol:


Said in pure unadulterated DJ-speak

Psychoslice, may I now formally introduce you to the DJ poetry that we know and love. :lol:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
User avatar
smiileyjen101
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby dijmart » Sat May 03, 2014 3:47 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:
This is why I come back, so I don't delude myself. Someone will always call you out on your crap! :lol:


Said in pure unadulterated DJ-speak

Psychoslice, may I now formally introduce you to the DJ poetry that we know and love. :lol:


:lol: I do believe I also coined the term "burps" of the ego! When your just cruising along and blahhh,
"burp" the ego splits out some who knows what and you think "what the hell was THAT!"
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat May 03, 2014 3:55 am

oh and goodness when our (my... i'm including everyone to minimise the burden of ownership :wink:)
burps stink as bad as our farts..... :shock: :lol:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
User avatar
smiileyjen101
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am

Re: My book about my experience in consciousness

Postby dijmart » Sat May 03, 2014 4:19 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:oh and goodness when our (my... i'm including everyone to minimise the burden of ownership :wink:)
burps stink as bad as our farts..... :shock: :lol:


:lol: :wink:
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: My book about my experience in consciousne

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon May 05, 2014 9:04 am

I find this talk of burping and farting totally inappropriate for a spiritual discussion forum. Guys, this is serious!!!





...just kidding :p

Much love,

Jack
User avatar
EnterZenFromThere
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Experiences

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest