Paranormal Experience - Fears and Advice

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Paranormal Experience - Fears and Advice

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:25 am

Hi all,

I wanted to share a recent experience with anyone who is interested in communication with spirits, especially those struggling with unwanted paranormal experiences.

While alone in a house I heard a voice repeat more and more clearly in a distressed and frightened voice 'help me'. At the time I found this quite disturbing (I was actually shaking) so wanted to explain how I got over this in case others are experiencing something similar. Following the advice on this forum I spent that night focused on Presence and Love. I repeated a few phrases mentally, 'I am the Loving Light', 'I am a child of God', 'all is full of Love', 'I am guarded by Angels' etc. I didn't experience anything that night. In the morning I decided to use this as an opportunity to face my childhood fear of ghosts. I went into the room I heard the voice and became deeply Present, shining my Light as bright as I could. I sent the message for anyone listening to find their Light. That this Light is within them and to trust it. That they are a child of God. I felt a couple of shudders go through me and (as usually happens when I focus my attention of Love) I had tears rolling down my face. It felt very 'right'. Since then I haven't heard anything. When feeling a fear my focus now shifts naturally to a vibration of Love and Light and instead of thoughts of ghosts and darkness, I imagine Angels and Heavenly choirs. If my fear and imagination attracted this poor frightened soul to me, then my love and imagination can invite Angels and loving entities.

(As I write this my nephew and niece have just been given ghost toys to play with and are going 'Ooo' - gotta love the comedy of synchronicity!)

I had been struggling with a fear of drawing darkness to me with Law of Attraction for a couple of weeks. I now feel so blessed that my fear came true so that I could face it and overcome it. I feel Lighter :)

I hope this is helpful.

Much Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Re: Paranormal Experience - Fears and Advice

Postby Onceler » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Thanks for sharing this, Jack. I guess when you open yourself up, you are opening to all kinds of things. I sort of forgot about it, bit I too had a deathly fear of ghost when I was a kid and even into adulthood.

Not to go all "Sixth Sense" on you, but did you feel as if you helped the entity, or just got them to go away?
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi Onceler,

Funny that you mention The Sixth Sense as that is one of the few films I had trouble watching alone as an adult, that and The Woman in Black (BBC version). I feel these films have played some part in my fear and the lessons there.

I honestly don't know how the entity felt about it. I hope that it saw my Light and found it's own, but I do not know. As some have advised me on this forum, the entity has it's own path. Only it can find it's Light. As only I can find mine, and you yours. All I can do is shine brightly, in the hopes of being a lighthouse by which others may return home. But my primary focus is my own Light, my own Stillness, my own Silence, my own Love. Those who are near can use it as they will.

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:34 pm

Jack, well done application of LoA.

Bruce Moen, an accomplished OBE traveler originally From the Robert Monroe Institute, teaches a service which he calls "Retrieval" in which trained OBE'rs help souls trapped in their own self-made thought constructs, in moving on into their natural non-physical awareness. Some people seem to have a natural skill and affinity towards this ability. Maybe you're one. The movie Sixth Sense kind of referenced this talent in its Hollywood kind of way.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:04 pm

That sounds very interesting WW. I'll look into it. I suppose what you suggest is within the realms of possibility. If so It could be a fun opportunity to face my fears!

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:38 pm

((Jack)) My Granny used to say, with a little smile, 'It's nae the dead 'eens that'll hurt you'.

I've found that to be true.

Well done you for holding your energy of love, not for anyone else but for yourself. My Granny & Mum used to teach us to 'wash ourselves' in white light even for fears of the physical kind - on a higher level it's reminding us that we are love, the most powerful energy of all.

Funny that you mention The Sixth Sense as that is one of the few films I had trouble watching alone as an adult, that and The Woman in Black (BBC version). I feel these films have played some part in my fear and the lessons there.

The 'Sixth Sense' movie - I watched it with family members before I'd heard anything about the plot, and within pretty much the first scene I was saying - "Wow! Have you got it yet? (the 'twist') to the others so we could discuss the treatment without me spoiling it for them. They kept saying 'Got what?' and I'd hold off still not wanting to spoil the realisation for them ... some of the 'twist stuff' was just so obvious (to me) and very well directed & even in the mis en scene of the movie - as a writer / director I was very impressed with their 'smoking gun' treatments. I was also personally impressed because there are so few movies etc where the treatment of this topic is not scarily portrayed, so I kept getting excited and saying 'Have you got it now? Can you see it now?' And they couldn't / hadn't :cry: (Are you serious????) I watched it again with one of them so I could point out the bits that had clued me up. It's not so dodododo once you can see it.

It's a bit like that with lots of things that are obvious to us, and unseen by others, isn't it? We fear that which we do not understand.

Have you seen the movie 'The Hereafter' with Matt Damon as a reluctant sensitive? I love it. It so beautifully portrays the more tricky parts of wider awareness that are so often misunderstood.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Hn Jen,

I like your granny's saying. I guess the only one who can hurt us, is us. It seems that we choose how we feel. I saw a documentary recently about a man who was born into the North Korean concentration camps. He escaped and lives in South Korea now. He hates it there. He hates all the thinking he has to do. People's obsession with money. There was no money in the camp. The rules were simple (do anything wrong and die) so he didn't have to think. He wishes to return to the free heart of his childhood. Funny that people commit suicide in South Korea when the didn't in the camp. I guess there are many types of chains.

Washing yourself in white light, I love this. I felt like I was forming the Love into a shield of Radiant Light (or as I like to call it, my LoveShield[TM] :wink: ).

When I asked one of my teachers about Love he said some interesting things. He said (and I am liberally paraphrasing..) when people experience the Self, they can be tempted to label it through extrapolation of the strongest positive emotion they know e.g. love or Love. He reminded me that it was not adding to concepts that got me to this point, but removing them. I wonder how people here think about that? I'd love (hahaha) to know your thoughts :)

Lovely stuff about the Sixth Sense. What sort of things do you write and direct? I've always been fascinated by films and considered going down that road myself for a time. I'd love to hear about your travels there :)

W fear what we don't understand - I agree whole heartedly, up to the point when the unknown becomes this great wonderful mystery and we let go and dive into its wonderful depths and realise we can breath underwater :lol:

I've not seen Hereafter but I just checked it on IMDB and see it's by Clint Eastwood whom I rather like. While were on the topic have you seen Wake Up? It's a documentary about an American guy who started seeing ghosts, angels, demons etc and his journey of discovery through initial fears to deeper understanding. It was one of the triggers for my own reappearing childhood fears of the supernatural which I believe led to the experience I describe above. It's so wonderful to see his understanding increase as the documentary unravels. He is visibly lighter at the end :)

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:50 am

What a gorgeous sharing Jack, had me sitting round the fire with you :D

I'll fill in my 'part/s' :wink:

I guess the only one who can hurt us, is us.

Nods with a gentle smile,
It seems that we choose how we feel.

More certain nodding, smile widens, sparkling eyes expressing ain't that the truth

I saw a documentary recently about a man who was born into the North Korean concentration camps. He escaped and lives in South Korea now. He hates it there. He hates all the thinking he has to do. People's obsession with money. There was no money in the camp. The rules were simple (do anything wrong and die) so he didn't have to think. He wishes to return to the free heart of his childhood. Funny that people commit suicide in South Korea when the didn't in the camp. I guess there are many types of chains.

That reminds me of Life is Beautiful - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118799/
Freedom from & freedom to, always interplaying.

Washing yourself in white light, I love this. I felt like I was forming the Love into a shield of Radiant Light (or as I like to call it, my LoveShield[TM] :wink: ).

You're appreciation for it awoke my own, the funny-strange-beautiful things my Granny would instil in us. Thank you.
I guess if you think you need protecting from something you'll think of it like a shield. Maybe my Granny's was more wash those fears you're holding onto, away. I'm not sure if they would have slightly different senses of outcomes. (?) We birth and breed our own fears, maybe. She also used to say if you didn't have that to worry/complain about, you'd be looking for something else. :lol: ah bless her. Which I guess goes full circle back to
It seems that we choose how we feel.

When I asked one of my teachers about Love he said some interesting things. He said (and I am liberally paraphrasing..) when people experience the Self, they can be tempted to label it through extrapolation of the strongest positive emotion they know e.g. love or Love. He reminded me that it was not adding to concepts that got me to this point, but removing them.

:lol: I'd ask your teacher what makes them think they're a teacher.

I wonder how people here think about that? I'd love (hahaha) to know thoughts :)

There are no words for how precious that is, the respect in the asking.

If we as humans can reach a consensus about what it is we are labelling a thing in discussion, and why for each of us, things need not be misconstrued. That we are love... that's just a signalling, a pointer. There are many (for me) wonderful statements of and about love, and many that miss the mark. I tend to stand under the notions so beautifully expressed by Don Miguel Ruiz - love is the equilibrium of gratitude & generosity - if you know how that 'feels' then you know when you are being / experiencing love. And further pointers from CWG about what is, and is not. Without condition, without limitation, without need - and free, needing nothing in order to be expressed.

So, I guess, it depends whether you and your teacher reached an understanding of each other's views, or if only theirs was deemed valid and significant.

I would also have asked you - what does it mean and feel like to you? (...what does it mean and feel like to you?)

Lovely stuff about the Sixth Sense. What sort of things do you write and direct? I've always been fascinated by films and considered going down that road myself for a time. I'd love to hear about your travels there :)

I was producing, mostly, perspective sharing issue awareness or instructional productions documentary or docu-dramas. A lot of them across 'taboo' topics in social justice, medicine, law enforcement, disability services and emergency worker workplaces and industries / professions - things like how if feels for a refugee woman in your care to hear your views about what is & is not 'mutilated' about them, when you know nothing about her life - how to respectfully interact, by learning how she feels and then hearing from those who are appreciated for their tact and acceptance a whole person; or showing the 360 perspectives in things as touchy as child / internet sex predator interactions (the views of victims, their families, perpetrators, law officers, and a criminologist - produced to help parents understand what is really out there and how kids get reeled in, groomed etc, how it happens and answering everyone's questions of each of them mostly 'what were you thinking/feeling when.... ' truly enlightening for all of us. It's one of them (there have been a few) that has the audience in stunned silence at the end, truly not knowing what to think any more. And I'm glad about that.

Mostly I just left room for stories to be told, and heard. Pretty much if you asked someone what would you like people to know that would make your life easier, feel heard... then let it unfold or recapture it in dramatisations if need be.

They taught me lots too. I often thought I knew more going into a project than I really did. Finding the things you didn't know, leaving room for it and shining the light on it, that's incredibly personally rewarding as well as professional gold. Professionally it was a whole load of things too, and I' was sharing that journey with others as well. So the content & process would often overlap - leadership, no worries --- let me lead and learn how 'wrong' I've been doing it, Addictions, sure let me show you some, cultural sins / mistakes, ignorance / discriminations - get in line :lol:

The gratitude & generosity in such journeys is truly priceless. A drug addict in a rehab centre I'd interviewed earlier for background on a program seeing the make up on an actor showing a really unhealthy, down trodden by life 'participant' saying 'Gawd, we don't look that bad do we?' not knowing it's exactly how she had looked just a few months before. That the program was 'that successful', that she didn't even recognise herself, and capturing that essence of recovery along the program - art imitating life, and life imitating art. Tears at the end of that one by seasoned professionals was okay too - it did matter.

It's not so hard to live a life that's not 'about you' when it's really not, 'about you' :wink: Connecting with a woman who was about to lose her two sons two years apart, around age 20 from a chronic life shortening disease - I know what it's like to lose two beloved children 20 years apart, but not two 20 year olds two years apart, capturing her essence and her son's shining love and life and living - pure gold, pure pure gold. So many little celluloid gems, the famous and the powerful and the alienated and powerless, all precious and freed to share completely.

My last project was with the wonderful doctor I spoke about in another topic capturing his legacy, his invention to assist mothers birth safely and how to use it properly, but more importantly displaying his wonderful humanness and compassion and respect for others - it's sooooo fitting that it was my 'last' project an end of one 'chapter' so to speak. As that evolved so 'not coincidence' he out of the blue decided to answer a years old email I'd sent him when I found out about his invention, it contained the news of my daughter's passing and so he was somewhat gutted and kept meaning to reply but didn't, then he decided he would and bring me on board to get this training and info production under way in between his global travels teaching and promoting it. I 'felt' like he'd need it sooner rather than later and couldn't pick why, but I sent him the proposal while he was travelling, he flicked it off as premature, and within a week had been diagnosed with stage four stomach cancer and he only had three days notice that he'd be having intensive chemo & surgery - we filmed from a rushed script the night before he went into hospital and post produced in a way that wasn't really unlike the way we just fit 'life' around my pregnancies that he used to look after me for. It was no where near a normal schedule, and probably I was the perfect person to make it happen for him. I knew how important it, and his wisdom and legacy is, probably like no one else could. I could also be there for his wife falling apart at the news, her knowing my path as well. It was like everything I'd ever experienced in that field and with him was 'perfect' for the need of it right then. And then I was retrenched, and haven't worked since :shock:

Obviously he's still very close in my thoughts. Life has funny ways of unfolding indeed.

We fear what we don't understand - I agree whole heartedly, up to the point when the unknown becomes this great wonderful mystery and we let go and dive into its wonderful depths and realise we can breath underwater :lol:

Back to nodding silently, glistening eyes and tiny smile playing in the firelight of our love.

It's so wonderful to see his (our) understanding increase as the (life) documentary unravels. He is visibly lighter at the end

...More certain nodding, smile widens, sparkling eyes expressing ain't that the truth

namaste Jack
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:07 pm

It is wonderful to express these feelings, especially with someone who reciprocates :) I wonder how many times we have Danced together, you and I...

I agree protection from fear and washing away fear likely have different energetic frequencies. It's interesting you bring it up, as after my initial panic and fear I shifted to a more still alertness, than a mantra invoked shield (if that makes sense). Faith in letting go of the fear is probably more effective than building something to hold back the fear - something I'm embracing :)

:lol: I doubt he would call himself a teacher. He's one of those 'no person' types, but not neo-advaita, more a Ramana devotee kinda vibe. Sometimes I question his focus of attention as he says he feels almost nothing though other people say he acts compassionately. I suppose the individual nervous system can manifest it's Higher Being into physical reality in incredibly diverse ways. I'm talking to others who are much more Love focused so feel there is a nice balance between them. Interesting to open up to lots of different 'advanced' perspectives. The exploration of the comparison of teachers has been incredibly valuable to me. I'm learning that ultimately I am my own Guide. It's a liberating unveiling :)

I like the gratitude and generosity point. That statement seems like it emphasises both the appreciation of the inflow of experience and desire to express it as an outward flow of experience. I am That I am sorta thing. I say with tentative curiosity and excitement - 'it's starting to make sense, this human experience!'

Thank you for asking my view :) I love to explore the expression of it. What is Love to me? It feels like Love is a characteristic of surrender. In the absence of resistance Love flows and it is the Light of Love that casts out the darkness of ignorance and resistance. Love is what a human feels when immersed as it's Higher Being. Or perhaps, the feeling experienced by Higher Being when it explores itself through the human form in physical reality. Love is a hug from a long lost Friend, a whisper that says 'keep going'. Love is acceptance of what Is. Love is the Here and the Now. I see Love now as all of these things, but none of them is ultimately who I am, but rather expressions of that Greater Being as experience within physical reality. Also, of course, this is all open to continual revision :)

It sounds like you've got so much from your work :) it's great to read it! It's amazing how opportunities for development become incorporated into our work and lives as our openness increases (although it seems these opportunities may have always been presented to us, but often we are too wrapped up in our own thoughts to see them as such).

I loved your inclusion of those brackets at the end :lol: hilarious that humans have created documentaries when we ourselves could be seen as one. Fractal education in action!

Thank you for the Dance my Sister of Light,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:12 am

I wonder how many times we have Danced together, you and I...

We're dancing now :wink:

after my initial panic and fear I shifted to a more still alertness, than a mantra invoked shield (if that makes sense). Faith in letting go of the fear is probably more effective than building something to hold back the fear - something I'm embracing :)

It makes all the sense (of) in the world to me :D
Holding this frequency is .... much like this, maybe -
It feels like Love is a characteristic of surrender. In the absence of resistance Love flows and it is the Light of Love that casts out the darkness of ignorance and resistance.

It made me think faith, grace, love reading your sharing. ( & nodding)
'Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.' Mahatma Ghandi

Sometimes I question his focus of attention as he says he feels almost nothing though other people say he acts compassionately. I suppose the individual nervous system can manifest it's Higher Being into physical reality in incredibly diverse ways. I'm talking to others who are much more Love focused so feel there is a nice balance between them.

That's an interesting perceiving Jack, about the incredibly diverse ways -
Last night I was watching an open interview with a man who was a neuroscientist and 'accidentally' discovered his brain workings were aligned with that of those with psychopathic capacities. It seems he went on to explore nuances of his personality and nature - when he told his wife and asked others close to him they weren't surprised at all. He had no awareness that the many ways he responded to situations were aligned with psychiatric measures in psychopathy (only 1% of psychopaths in my understanding fall to being mass murderers but they share lack of empathy traits & he measures 'borderline' and socially motivated / creative rather than socially destructive).

His refreshing honesty when asked 'what about love', that he really doesn't understand what it is / or feel it at all - he feels the physical pleasures of kissing etc but not any associated emotional response to others, or any affective empathy. He can see distress and respond practically - one element of empathy, but he doesn't feel it - which is the other side of empathy. It's just not there. I know from others how he's learned to mimic, and sometimes gets it wrong, and uses others to distract attention from his inabilities to interpret & receive & express as the gratitude & generosity thing highlights. It's not willingness on his/their part, its capacity that is non-existent. And if there is awareness of this, whether its experienced as a fearful/feared thing or as an accepted thing, it changes the way they can learn to move in the world. He wondered why he wasn't an anti-social personality then, and had an aha moment looking at his mum and realising how totally she loved and accepted him as he is. Therefore he had nothing to 'anti' about socially, although he did admit to scheming and being extremely patient in effecting 'pay back' for slights against his narcissistic nature, and enacting violence along his lines of payback for bullying etc. I didn't completely fall into his 'just broken legs and things, nothing serious' diminishing of his perceived 'innocence' or justifying some of his behaviours. But most importantly, with his wider awareness now he is looking at his behaviours and 'acting' (and he knows and those around him know it's not with any emotion, it's just a game to him) more considerately.

It was a fascinating, if not completely unknown topic for me personally in relation to another & professionally explored. My acceptance of these 'differences' and diverse ways of being was highlighted by a client as being the basis for the success of many of the productions I worked on, holding space for example for a convicted paedophile to share their world view with my understanding of their psychopathic capacity and empathic incapacity while they had no awareness of it, took quite a great deal of ... surrender :lol: Of course balanced with physical protections and personal upheaval in the physical environment of a maximum security prison with me feeling 'responsible' for the safety of my crew and the weight of my own 'fears' in terms of being in confined spaces :!: You couldn't get much more 'confined' than that. And then the next day holding room for the tears of a 'victim' and her Mum to express the overwhelming physical and emotional and psychological pain and recovery from betrayal, and shedding unstoppable tears with them and then shifting to allow room for the criminologist to explain that both sides interact and contribute to the situations to varying degrees of awareness, and willingness while a police officer could barely contain wanting to deny that it wasn't all tightly defined 'good' and 'evil' playing out. It wasn't, like all things it's awareness, capacity & willingness in differing degrees, being experienced and expressed. The behind the scenes process & content is likely as fascinating as the on-screen - sometimes more so, actually many times more so because it's not edited or directed.

Encouraging and making space for shy mums and kids and adults with disabilities or volunteer & professional emergency services workers, or alienated addicts and refugees and those who work with them, or distinguished and often misunderstood different culture elders and states people was kids play after that one!! (Albeit I did ask if my next project could be a toothpaste advertisement :lol: something that normally would have me running & screaming in panic!!)

It did absolutely impact life imitating art, art imitating life and very much the process and the content intermingles constantly. It was occurring for me after I'd experientially learned the facts and the impacts of non-awareness of lack of capacity, and 'assuming' way too much. So the practices was helpful.

So it seems to me that your (ah this is where that was going :wink: )

exploration of the comparison of teachers has been incredibly valuable to me. I'm learning that ultimately I am my own Guide. It's a liberating unveiling :)
is the full circle 'overview' or 'theme' of your searching, probably any searching or experiencing really :wink:

I like the gratitude and generosity point. That statement seems like it emphasises both the appreciation of the inflow of experience and desire to express it as an outward flow of experience. I am That I am sorta thing. I say with tentative curiosity and excitement - 'it's starting to make sense, this human experience!'

I like that you're aware of the 'tentative' curiosity & excitement --- some of it can make you feel like you're gonna pee your pants!! Then you know you're really flying by the seat of them!!

In case anyone's curiosity leans to that interview I watched last night - info here - http://www.sbs.com.au/insight/episode/o ... 45ILXKSy6M

The 'main' players are all fascinating characters. I really like that things of such 'difference' are being discussed calmly and respectfully. It will allow so many of us to not misunderstand and be so blinded or ignorant of the capacity ~ willingness aspects. (or blind-sided as it might be without the awareness).
smiileyjen101

Postby kafi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Thanks, Jack , for sharing this great story. I am glad that you discovered a way to deal with this spirit.

Funnily, I just came up a story by Carrie Triffet. She had a lot of trouble with ghosts and was terrified of them. Then she discovered that the ghost was her self ( "A year without fear: WHO YA GONNA CALL?", from June 1st, 2014) :
http://carrietriffet.com/carrieblog/?p=474

She has a very entertaining style of writing , and I hope you'll enjoy it.
kafi

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi Jen,

That sounds like an interesting story about the scientist. My background is in psychology so I know a little about white collar psychopathy (one of my Professors was a close collaborator with Prof. Hare and was convinced we could all make fortunes developing diagnostic tests for businesses). I'm surprised his reaction was to investigate it more fully in himself.

I feel like I've come back full circle recently. After discovering and believing in non-physical reality including entities and having a desire to further myself by adding to me, I've now returned to my main practice of a few months ago and further my alignment with Self by removing from me (in the sense of moving energy/attention into the melting pot of Stillness rather than purely focused on the illusory appearance of that Stillness in physical reality). Resting as this Stillness I feel pleasantly needless. I feel my personality making questions and doubts and their reaction on the body but ultimately all bodily senses, thoughts and feelings are indivisible within the emptiness of my core. Much like a lucid dreamer feeling the dream world within them. It's funny how my attentional focus in recent months had been away from this, when it is so magnificent in its simplicity. Perhaps some ghostly demons needed to be met to allow this state to deepen. But then again...Stillness...

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi Kafi,

Thank you for sharing this link. Some lovely timing here. Reading the article helped bring up some fears and resistance for me which I could face from the perspective of my current alignment with/as Stillness. So thank you very much :)

It feels like this sort of facing facilitates a deeper and more stable alignment with Higher Being. Lovely stuff!

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:35 am

Jack your post is so 'full circle' :D I love when that happens.

That sounds like an interesting story about the scientist. My background is in psychology so I know a little about white collar psychopathy (one of my Professors was a close collaborator with Prof. Hare and was convinced we could all make fortunes developing diagnostic tests for businesses).

I'm surprised his reaction was to investigate it more fully in himself.

Here's what I 'heard' on the great piano of life :wink:

His reaction to investigate it more fully in himself is for me totally resonant with this ...

Resting as this Stillness I feel pleasantly needless. I feel my personality making questions and doubts and their reaction on the body but ultimately all bodily senses, thoughts and feelings are indivisible within the emptiness of my core. Much like a lucid dreamer feeling the dream world within them. It's funny how my attentional focus in recent months had been away from this, when it is so magnificent in its simplicity. Perhaps some ghostly demons needed to be met to allow this state to deepen. But then again...Stillness...

If we hold 'space' for the questions and fears etc then folks can relax and feel this underlying stillness. If we drop the 'para' and the 'dis' of stuff then it just is accepted as experiences & perspectives and within that space the whole person can share and express freely.

He knows how fortunate he is (and has gratitude & generosity for and towards) those who've left room for the whole person to 'be'.

One of the 'perpetrators' I interviewed was actually grateful for being caught, he himself had been sexually abused from ages 6 to 11 and his moral compass was totally screwed. What he had learned in experience of child sexual assault was that everyone said it was 'wrong' but it happened anyway and you just had to pretend that it didn't. This was the world view that he was living. So he had come to think and believe that it was no different to people & society saying speeding was wrong, or littering was wrong, or not using your manners was wrong and (pretty much) everyone does it even though they know they will get 'punished' if they get caught. Now I'm not saying this is 'right' or 'wrong', but in leaving that room - holding the stillness energy - allowed him to explore that honestly - with me and with counsellors etc Really, who of us can say that we don't say one thing and do another? This was the basis for his world view.

In part with the guy in the interview - his world view is framed in narcissism, and the 'game' of him in competition with others, so this is all about him and his desire to 'beat' others who think that his way of being is somehow wrong. He's going to prove them wrong. He has enough self love (narcissism) and neuroscience knowledge to be confident about it. It's totally fascinating.

The other thing I 'heard' ...
(one of my Professors was a close collaborator with Prof. Hare and was convinced we could all make fortunes developing diagnostic tests for businesses)

Making a 'means to an end' of the ways of being - making money from 'categorising' people. Again not right or wrong, but an interesting perspective. Was, do you think, the professor aware of his own narcissism and self interest? Did he / she consider the consequences that would arise from these diagnostic tests, I wonder. Would they be couched in acceptance or rejection of people's awareness, capacity and willingness?

Have you read 'Working with Monsters' by John Clark? http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2622 ... h-monsters

You know for me, whether it be 'ghosts' or fears or psychopaths or people with disabilities or all of the living different lives with different world views from experiences & awareness, capacity and willingness within those experiences, even our own - it's all the same, we either view them in love, or we view them in fear. If we are viewing them or things in fear it's just that we don't understand it from our perspective, according to our awareness, capacity and/or willingness.

We take our 'Self' with us wherever we are, if we know this, what is there to fear, even about fear itself?

Much like a lucid dreamer feeling the dream world within them.
smiileyjen101

Return to Personal Experiences