Here Is One Way To Make Yourself Feel Good

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Here Is One Way To Make Yourself Feel Good

Postby AlohaFriends » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:49 pm

Try this to let out the polluted air inside your entire system.

I’ve been doing courteous little things for strangers in public places---holding the door for people before and after me, keeping firm eye contact and a friendly smile while interacting with sevice providers etc...…It feels good each time. Ten out of ten. 100%.

Yesterday, as usual, I held the door for a woman behind me at a public library entrance.
After that I proceeded to the reading area to read the newspaper. The table was big enough for about 6 people. But I was the only one using it…A few minutes later my peripheral vision sensed that another person was sitting down at the other end of the same table..I didn’t take a straight look but pretty sure it was a woman. I could feel that she sat down with very slow and careful movements as if not to disturb me…..I went on reading.. . then I noticed that whenever I turned a page she would look at me--also with a very slow gentle movement of her head turning…….A few more minutes later I stood up and ready to leave…This time my peripheral vision again could sense that she looked at me again as if saying goodbye.

As I walked out the library, I realized it was the same woman whom I had opened the door for earlier…..
AlohaFriends

Re: Here Is One Way To Make Yourself Feel Good

Postby Phil2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:44 am

AlohaFriends wrote:
I’ve been doing courteous little things for strangers in public places---holding the door for people before and after me, keeping firm eye contact and a friendly smile while interacting with sevice providers etc...…It feels good each time. Ten out of ten. 100%.

Good point. This is an excellent and practical recommendation ... easy to do ... and as you say 10/10 with quick results on how you feel ... eye contact is particularly strong and efficient ...

8)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Re: Here Is One Way To Make Yourself Feel Good

Postby AlohaFriends » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Phil, Thank you.

Did we not know that all it takes is Just being down to earth to be firmly grounded ? ..Too familiar. Too ordinary… We’ve been absent. Absent-minded.…to the point of losing it. We now feel somewhat not very comfortable with the “ordinary people” and feel somewhat alienated with the familiar…Many people don’t feel at ease looking at neighbors in the eye. Instead of cherishing ones that are near and dear, our old habit of seeking out found a new territory in the sky--- cyberspace. …….looking for love or some kind of consolation on line..And only to have learned that the teacher said, "Go home to chop the wood. Eat when hungry. Sleep when tired."
AlohaFriends

Return to Personal Experiences