Police abuse! Everywhere!

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Police abuse! Everywhere!

Postby bluecover » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:45 pm

Yesterday a friend of mine was taking the subway when suddenly a boy in it's 20's entered the train at a stop.
He entered the train holding his dog, and peacefully went to the end of the train.

When the ticket reviser saw him, he asked for the ticket of the dog (what the hell? Where does it say dogs have to buy tickets? No one ever buys tickets for dogs here in portugal, it's just not specified anywhere! But ok, moving on...), to which he answered he didn't have any ticket, just for him (the owner of the dog) and his friend, that was with him.

The train stopped for almost an hour, just because of 1,8 euros (2 dollars), and everyone was offering to pay the value of the ticket, including of course, the owner of the dog and his friend.

The reviser proceeded to call the police. Everyone was pissed off at the ticket inspector, for making everyone losing time on just freaking 2 dollars.

The cops arrived and proceeded to grab the dog owner and beat him up! They just grabbed him and beat the hell out of him! The owner had to release the dog from his hand, otherwise, the dog would get beaten up too.

His friend grabbed the dog while the police was beating up his friend, everyone was shouting and yelling at the police, but they were somehow enjoying it. They then proceeded to assault the owner's friend, like if they were killers!

Everyone was offering to pay for the ticket, including the owner and his friend, what is the freaking problem then? Seriously? Why beat him because he broke a rule that is not even specified anywhere? He didn't know! And he was truly sorry and wanted to make up for that mistake!

And there are many more episodes out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBZr4ie2AE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRt4V-BbREI

What would you do in their situation knowing that it's almost impossible to get justice in these type of cases? If one cannot accept a situation, change it or run away from it, what is there left to do?
Last edited by bluecover on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bluecover

Re: Police abuse! Everywhere!

Postby dijmart » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:15 pm

bluecover wrote:I've seen much cop abuse, and It starts to annoy me on how nobody does anything about this. :(

Have you done anything? Have you reported the abuse you've seen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBZr4ie2AE (police shoots dog just shouting at them)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRt4V-BbREI (police beats up homeless guy to death in an ally, thinking nobody would see, well guess what, security cameras. The guy even asks god for help while getting beaten up)

I watched both. Unconscious behavior is what I saw...some people are more unconscious then others. Tolle says it's insanity and that's what the video shows.

So what now? Do cops deserve punishment? Do they deserve forgivness so that they can do it again and again?

What do you think about this? And what would you do in their situation knowing that it's almost impossible to get justice in these type of cases?

If the behavior warrants punishment, then sure, maybe that is what's needed to awaken that person. That doesn't mean I have to harbor resentment, because of their unconsciousness. So, If I was an eye witness to police brutality, I would probably call the police chief and ask how to report it. You except the present moment and if action is required you do it. Some would turn a blind eye, not wanting to get involved, so it's up to you to choose.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby bluecover » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:40 pm

I don't think I can't report the incident since I didn't see it with my own eyes, but I'll definitely talk with my friend and convince him to report this.

Although, rarely does the police get any kind of punishment for behaviours like these. People feel powerless and afraid, in these situations.
Last edited by bluecover on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluecover

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:52 pm

What do you hope to accomplish by posting this topic in this forum?

WW
Webwanderer

Postby bluecover » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Webwanderer wrote:What do you hope to accomplish by posting this topic in this forum?

WW

To understand what can one do when cannot accept, change or run away from a situation. What's there left to do then?

Maybe this is a dumb topic anyways, I can't delete it but you Moderators can.. so if you could please delete it I would appreciate :)

Have a nice day ^^
bluecover

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:40 pm

bluecover wrote:
Webwanderer wrote:What do you hope to accomplish by posting this topic in this forum?

WW

To understand what can one do when cannot accept, change or run away from a situation. What's there left to do then?

Consider this wise quote:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

That you cannot accept what happened is on you. That's worth exploring, which is more of what this forum is about rather than making issue with most news events and rumors.

There are always life lessons to learn from conditions that come our way. Curiously, you are all excited over an incident that came to you second hand. It wasn't even your direct experience. So basically you are upset at something that as a direct experience exists only in your imagination.

Where does you anger over this come from? Does it look the same from your spiritual perspective as it does from your ego perspective? Understand, this is not a criticism, but rather a pointer.

As an explorer of consciousness and being, what matters most?

WW
Webwanderer

Postby dijmart » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:01 pm

bluecover wrote:

WW

My thought is this, you can't "fight" unconsciousness without yourself becoming unconscious. First become conscious yourself, then when action is needed it will flow from this perspective. All you can really do to make change in the world as a whole is to awaken yourself, you can't expect the world to awaken if you yourself are not. Once you are awake you will realize that the world is the way it is for many reasons and perhaps it is the way it should be. Most awaken because they had suffering in their life. Not saying to stand idle if you see injustice, someone being beaten, but taking action from a place of love not fear.
dijmart

Postby bluecover » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Webwanderer wrote:Consider this wise quote:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

That you cannot accept what happened is on you. That's worth exploring, which is more of what this forum is about rather than making issue with most news events and rumors.

There are always life lessons to learn from conditions that come our way. Curiously, you are all excited over an incident that came to you second hand. It wasn't even your direct experience. So basically you are upset at something that as a direct experience exists only in your imagination.

Where does you anger over this come from? Does it look the same from your spiritual perspective as it does from your ego perspective? Understand, this is not a criticism, but rather a pointer.

As an explorer of consciousness and being, what matters most?

WW

The anger is coming from he fact that this happens everyday and there is nothing no one can do about this apparently.

And if you get beaten up by the police for no reason, what's the lesson to learn from that? Maybe you can learn from human mind dysfunctionality, but the fact that it is unconscious and it likes to provoke physical and psychological pain, you already know.

Of course that in a spiritual perspective I could just stand still and accept that these things happen, it is what it is.

From an ego perspective (is it really ego to feel empathy for other people?), it just doesn't feel right accept this "as it is" while people keep suffering from it.
Like watching an old lady getting beaten up by some drugged guy and there's nothing you can do about it because he has a gun and threatned you not to do anything, and you got nothing but your wallet on you. You just stand there watching it and accept things are they are?
Let's say that you are somehow able to call 911 and there is no phone line, and finally, you are able to run away from it eh? (knowing that if you try to talk with the guy, he won't hear you and shoot you because, well...he's drugged and he threatned you.)? Well, the lady still suffers...I would suffer from seeing her suffer and not being able to do anything.

It's more of a feeling that some action must be taken in order to change the current state of the current "situation". But then again, wanting that things were different It's a mind thing...

Accept the unacceptable...I just can't see how is that possible. :(

Maybe I need to meditate more...Maybe I need to understand "All this" (Acceptance/Peace/Love/Present Moment/Life/The Whole/Getting closer to the Source/Spirituality/(etc..)) better, because I'm not understanding this quite right...Maybe I just need to shut up. >.<
Last edited by bluecover on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluecover

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Dijmart is pointing to an understanding that may be helpful. It's unlikely that you will get any real clarity on the matter while in a state of anger and frustration. Real clarity comes from alignment with that aspect of your nature that perceives from a perspective beyond anger and like emotions. If anger leading to beatings is a problem, how does the addition of more anger relieve that anger? Even more so from anger generated through imagination born of rumors and second hand reports and not through direct experience?

There is no conflict between love and anger. There is only conflict between anger and anger. And saying you can't accept something is a choice that you make. How does that choice serve you?

Of course that in a spiritual perspective I could just stand still and accept that these things happen, it is what it is.

Because you accept something does not mean you can't take action. It's that you take action from clarity of alignment. Your true nature can bring you insight when you are not reeling in emotional anger.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby dijmart » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Here's another thought, "forgive them for they know not what they do". The "they know not what they do", means they are unconscious!
dijmart

Return to Personal Experiences