Helping my mom end her unhappy marriage

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Helping my mom end her unhappy marriage

Postby Phil2 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Clouded,

I will say this otherwise.

What happens if you take side with one of your parents ? saying your mom is right and your dad is wrong ? when you judge your parents ?

??

You create more division, more conflicts, more separation, more suffering ...

Your parents are both right from their own perspective.

While they are both wrong from God's perspective.

Why ?

Because they suffer from the situation they have created ... and suffering is the language of God.

Suffering is how God tells us when we are wrong ... and suffering is the only language we really understand anyway ... without suffering would we change our lives, our habits, our beliefs, our needs ? No, we would just go on 'business as usual' ...

Now there is something else. You (and your parents) have to face this challenge for some reason. So you have to learn from this situation. But if you resist (and anger or violence are forms of resistance) then you don't learn ... and when you don't learn what happens ? You are stuck in the same situations again and again, until you pass the test ... then you can go to the upper class and receive other challenges and learn again new lessons ... but what you resist persists ...

The French writer Antoine de Saint-Exupéry understood this clearly when he gave us the Fox' secret in his "Little Prince"

"Goodbye," said the fox. "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences