Love in practice

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Love in practice

Postby 51sth » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:44 pm

I really need to share my experience from this weekend :).

I was in a bar last friday, had a couple of drinks and was mainly solver. I accidentally missed couple of stairs, didn't see them at all. I didnt fall but my both ankels went so bad that I lost my consiousness. There was one of my friend and his friend. Didn't know this friend so well and didn't know hes friend. They both walked me to the door and wanted to help me to the hospital. The girl who was with my friend was very caring. The girl asked me, willing to help, do I want her to come with me. I said that I would very much appriciate that. They both came with me and helped me to the hospital. They got me a wheelchair and keeped me company. The girl had to leave because of her jellous bf, but my friend stayed and helped me to my sisters home where I stayed.

My sister and hes bf took care of me. Walked me to my bed and made me food and stuff. My parents bought me food and are going to drive me in to the city where I live tomorrow. Now I use walking sticks and can barely walk. I cant go to the work next week and I just started there, but it is no problem to me.

The point here is that I wouldn't change this experience even if I could. I did see my familys love in away I didnt know so well, but also I did see human nature in its loving form through a not so well known friend and through a total strangers. I also saw the most important thing. I love myself so much that I can see the good in this and focus my mind in it. The pain that I felt and feel is just a pain, there is no desperation and I can see hiw easy it is to live without knowing can u even walk well ever again. It doesn't matter, because the only one who can give me the love that really matters is me.

This was wonderfull, and I also realised the meaning of helping others in some deep level.
51sth
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:35 am

Re: Love in practice

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:52 pm

What a delightful post! It's so refreshing to see someone write about an event that could easily be interpreted as negative and instead to see it as an amazing and joyful experience! I did the same thing when I had glandular fever recently and had a wonderful time!

I'm so glad things are going so well for you :)

In the interest of sharing I'd love to say a little about what happened to me today. Recently I've been experiencing lots of energy stuff - seeing the future, feeling the energy of situations, places and people, creating future potentials. As you might imagine, it's difficult to find people to open up to about this stuff! I tried telling my mum but she pretended she hadn't heard me and when I pressed her she went a bit crazy at me ... not sure what's going on there, but I figured she wasn't meant to know. I assumed I'd never be able to talk to my family about this, but today I was having a coffee with my brother and he mentioned that most of his life he's been able to direct energy to create situations and predict future events and feel the energy of places and situations. It was really amazing. That we share this. Funnily, his way is more negative than mine as he usually creates events that are negative for people as a way of redirecting the negativity that they put out into the world (as he put it). I figured that was a way of amplifying life lessons for people. I told him about my way, which is to offer love and creativity to anyone just for the joy of doing it. He said he hadn't managed to help people with his way, but also said he hadn't checked very thoroughly, so is planning on seeing if he can offer good instead of amplifying negativity.

It was so great to talk to someone close to me about this in a way that was just effortless and normal. It wasn't boastful or apologetic, just a normal conversation about our personal experiences with something the mainstream might call paranormal. Lovely!

Thanks for your wonderful sharing 51 :)

Love,

Jack
User avatar
EnterZenFromThere
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Love in practice

Postby 51sth » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:45 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:What a delightful post! It's so refreshing to see someone write about an event that could easily be interpreted as negative and instead to see it as an amazing and joyful experience! I did the same thing when I had glandular fever recently and had a wonderful time!

I'm so glad things are going so well for you :)

In the interest of sharing I'd love to say a little about what happened to me today. Recently I've been experiencing lots of energy stuff - seeing the future, feeling the energy of situations, places and people, creating future potentials. As you might imagine, it's difficult to find people to open up to about this stuff! I tried telling my mum but she pretended she hadn't heard me and when I pressed her she went a bit crazy at me ... not sure what's going on there, but I figured she wasn't meant to know. I assumed I'd never be able to talk to my family about this, but today I was having a coffee with my brother and he mentioned that most of his life he's been able to direct energy to create situations and predict future events and feel the energy of places and situations. It was really amazing. That we share this. Funnily, his way is more negative than mine as he usually creates events that are negative for people as a way of redirecting the negativity that they put out into the world (as he put it). I figured that was a way of amplifying life lessons for people. I told him about my way, which is to offer love and creativity to anyone just for the joy of doing it. He said he hadn't managed to help people with his way, but also said he hadn't checked very thoroughly, so is planning on seeing if he can offer good instead of amplifying negativity.

It was so great to talk to someone close to me about this in a way that was just effortless and normal. It wasn't boastful or apologetic, just a normal conversation about our personal experiences with something the mainstream might call paranormal. Lovely!

Thanks for your wonderful sharing 51 :)

Love,

Jack


Thank you for your delightful post :). It reminded me that before the accident I did see my brother and we connected too. And in away I didn't know existed in him. We talked about how not to cling in things brings our potential to it's fullest. It was also nice to hear from him that he has seen me happier than ever and that other people thinked so too :). I didn't realise people can see it so clearly too. I know I have done much inner work, but to hear it from other makes me feel good and I know I create the feeling ;)
51sth
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:35 am

Re: Love in practice

Postby KathleenBrugger » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Hey 51 thanks for sharing! I had an interesting experience this week where someone really helped me. I was planning on posting about it on the forum and this seems like a great place to share it.

I'm a videographer, and this last week I filmed a fashion show for free because I'm friends with many of the participants (I weave as a hobby). I had filmed the rehearsal the night before and didn’t bother clearing the drives, thinking I’d have plenty of room on my camera's two cards. What I didn’t know was they were going to have a long q&a session at the end, which turned out to be very interesting. So when I filled up the B card with the actual show on it, I decided to quickly format the A card (with the rehearsal) and keep filming. After I hit format, and the camera's LCD came back to the main screen, I saw 0 next to the B card icon. 0 means the card is full, but I panicked—I thought that meant "0 info" and that I had deleted the wrong card. I ran backstage even though the q&a wasn’t finished, certain that I had completely screwed up.

In the past I have always tried to hide my mistakes. I would try to be perfect, and although there was no way to have hidden the fact that I'd deleted the show forever, I'd probably have just fled the scene and put off the day of reckoning as long as possible. This night, instead I went and found a (not too close) friend who had volunteered as an assistant for the models and told her what I'd done. I felt sick and expressed my feelings of embarrassment and that I’d really let all the artists down. She was wonderful, talking about how everyone makes mistakes, we’re only human, she’d made plenty, etc. I allowed myself to be vulnerable, hurting, emotionally naked in front of her. And it felt good to have her support me.

Finally I said I just had to go, I was feeling so bad, and the moment I walked out the door it hit me—0 meant the drive was full; I hadn’t screwed up after all! My panic had just meant I compounded my error by not continuing to film the q&a and presentation of awards. I turned right around to tell my friend the good news, and it was like we were on an emotional rollercoaster—we rocketed right up to the top and couldn’t stop laughing hysterically.

But as horrible as the feelings were when I thought i'd screwed up, I am happy this happened because it gave me the experience of being vulnerable and allowing myself to be loved and supported.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
User avatar
KathleenBrugger
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Love in practice

Postby 51sth » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:18 am

KathleenBrugger wrote:Hey 51 thanks for sharing! I had an interesting experience this week where someone really helped me. I was planning on posting about it on the forum and this seems like a great place to share it.

I'm a videographer, and this last week I filmed a fashion show for free because I'm friends with many of the participants (I weave as a hobby). I had filmed the rehearsal the night before and didn’t bother clearing the drives, thinking I’d have plenty of room on my camera's two cards. What I didn’t know was they were going to have a long q&a session at the end, which turned out to be very interesting. So when I filled up the B card with the actual show on it, I decided to quickly format the A card (with the rehearsal) and keep filming. After I hit format, and the camera's LCD came back to the main screen, I saw 0 next to the B card icon. 0 means the card is full, but I panicked—I thought that meant "0 info" and that I had deleted the wrong card. I ran backstage even though the q&a wasn’t finished, certain that I had completely screwed up.

In the past I have always tried to hide my mistakes. I would try to be perfect, and although there was no way to have hidden the fact that I'd deleted the show forever, I'd probably have just fled the scene and put off the day of reckoning as long as possible. This night, instead I went and found a (not too close) friend who had volunteered as an assistant for the models and told her what I'd done. I felt sick and expressed my feelings of embarrassment and that I’d really let all the artists down. She was wonderful, talking about how everyone makes mistakes, we’re only human, she’d made plenty, etc. I allowed myself to be vulnerable, hurting, emotionally naked in front of her. And it felt good to have her support me.

Finally I said I just had to go, I was feeling so bad, and the moment I walked out the door it hit me—0 meant the drive was full; I hadn’t screwed up after all! My panic had just meant I compounded my error by not continuing to film the q&a and presentation of awards. I turned right around to tell my friend the good news, and it was like we were on an emotional rollercoaster—we rocketed right up to the top and couldn’t stop laughing hysterically.

But as horrible as the feelings were when I thought i'd screwed up, I am happy this happened because it gave me the experience of being vulnerable and allowing myself to be loved and supported.


Thank you for sharing :). I had a similar situation last week when we were photographing people. I too work in media field. I accidentally deleted one politicians picture, but didn't panic at all. The thoughts that came were: "everyone makes mistakes, no one died, this kind of things happen to everyone". If we have made a mistake before and we have believed it is a bad thing we react that way. Good news is that even when we believe it is a bad thing we can change that believe and therefore change our reaction. In fact there is much to gain when we recognize our negative believes. When we change our believes we can feel lighter.
51sth
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:35 am

Re: Love in practice

Postby Phil2 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:28 am

51sth wrote:
The point here is that I wouldn't change this experience even if I could. I did see my familys love in away I didnt know so well, but also I did see human nature in its loving form through a not so well known friend and through a total strangers. I also saw the most important thing. I love myself so much that I can see the good in this and focus my mind in it. The pain that I felt and feel is just a pain, there is no desperation and I can see hiw easy it is to live without knowing can u even walk well ever again. It doesn't matter, because the only one who can give me the love that really matters is me.

This was wonderfull, and I also realised the meaning of helping others in some deep level.


Hi 51,

Cool 8) . Clearly your experience helped you to realize that the (your) world is a friendly place rather than hostile ... many people see the world as hostile, and because they see it this way, the world becomes hostile and unfriendly for them ...

So it is very important to have a positive perception ... and love 'what is' ... as it is ...

:)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Love in practice

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:53 pm

51sth wrote:Thank you for your delightful post . It reminded me that before the accident I did see my brother and we connected too. And in away I didn't know existed in him. We talked about how not to cling in things brings our potential to it's fullest. It was also nice to hear from him that he has seen me happier than ever and that other people thinked so too . I didn't realise people can see it so clearly too. I know I have done much inner work, but to hear it from other makes me feel good and I know I create the feeling


Yeah! It's so hard to see change when we are living it. It can be much easier for an outside observer to perceive the change in us. And for them to acknowledge and appreciate that - I love that! I love being appreciated! Haha! It's one of the best things there is! For someone to lend you their attention and say "yes - I like you" - that makes me beam!!! It's so simple and pure. No need for "yes - I must have what you have" or "yes - I will take this from you so it can be mine" just "yes - I like what you are". In the light of that acceptance I feel myself grow :) how amazing that we can offer this to others with our every interaction!

51sth wrote:Good news is that even when we believe it is a bad thing we can change that believe and therefore change our reaction. In fact there is much to gain when we recognize our negative believes. When we change our believes we can feel lighter.


Yes I love this! When I was speaking to my brother about the negative energy he directed to others he told me of the intensity of the events that happened to the person after. I could tell he was uncomfortable talking about it. Though he didn't feel what he had done was wrong, he seemed a little confused about it. I'd like to describe one event. Before I do, I'd like to say that I think respect is very important and I wouldn't be saying this if I felt the conversation he said to me in confidence could be traced back to him personally. He told me in a 1 on 1 conversation and I will only retell it here because he remains anonymous.

He told me about a time when he had had an argument with his then boyfriend, who was an alcoholic. He directed the negative energy at him and felt lighter afterwards - as if he had unburdened the energy this person had put onto him. Soon after, this man died in a fire. My brother had had enough experience at this point to know that his action had played a part in this event (e.g. previous events where similar things had happened). He wasn't surprised when he found out his boyfriend had died. Reflecting on this now, he seemed to have a trace of guilt, but the main thing coming from him was that this was necessary for all parties involved to move on. For him personally, it allowed him to move on from a toxic relationship and develop in his life. But he seemed a little sad that he may have caused pain to someone in order for this to happen. I spoke to him about how I believe the body is a vehicle. That death is just another step in a process of evolution. That actions that may appear 'bad' at one point in time, may be perceived as 'good' from other angles or time points. I think this helped him, he said he felt his boyfriend was suicidal and would have killed himself soon anyway. Perhaps, his direction of this energy gave them both a way out that actually reduced their pain and suffering. Perhaps, he isn't some master of the dark arts causing people harm, perhaps he's an energy catalyst that eases difficulty by quickly amplifying these situations so all can let go and move on. Bringing this back to your point, by talking together, he and I converted a situation some might look at as terrible, into one of positivity. That ultimately, all is good, no matter how much 'bad' seems to be happening. He had thought that energy was either 'good' or 'bad' and that he could only direct 'bad' energy because when he tried to help people he didn't see a change. But our conversation highlighted that there is just energy, neither 'good' nor 'bad' - it is only us that perceive it this way. With this in mind, he was very open to the idea of bringing about good things for people - for no reason other than because it can be done. Considering the dramatic events of him manipulating 'bad' energy, I'm fascinated to see the 'good' he'll be able to create now. I imagine all the repercussions of this single conversation throughout Creation. One sentence of inspiration "maybe there isn't good and bad, just energy" that sparks a new way of being that brings light into the world. The gift we can give is so great - it is beyond my ability to comprehend but I feel it as so great...

Love,

Jack
User avatar
EnterZenFromThere
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Love in practice

Postby 51sth » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:59 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:
51sth wrote:Thank you for your delightful post . It reminded me that before the accident I did see my brother and we connected too. And in away I didn't know existed in him. We talked about how not to cling in things brings our potential to it's fullest. It was also nice to hear from him that he has seen me happier than ever and that other people thinked so too . I didn't realise people can see it so clearly too. I know I have done much inner work, but to hear it from other makes me feel good and I know I create the feeling


Yeah! It's so hard to see change when we are living it. It can be much easier for an outside observer to perceive the change in us. And for them to acknowledge and appreciate that - I love that! I love being appreciated! Haha! It's one of the best things there is! For someone to lend you their attention and say "yes - I like you" - that makes me beam!!! It's so simple and pure. No need for "yes - I must have what you have" or "yes - I will take this from you so it can be mine" just "yes - I like what you are". In the light of that acceptance I feel myself grow :) how amazing that we can offer this to others with our every interaction!

51sth wrote:Good news is that even when we believe it is a bad thing we can change that believe and therefore change our reaction. In fact there is much to gain when we recognize our negative believes. When we change our believes we can feel lighter.


Yes I love this! When I was speaking to my brother about the negative energy he directed to others he told me of the intensity of the events that happened to the person after. I could tell he was uncomfortable talking about it. Though he didn't feel what he had done was wrong, he seemed a little confused about it. I'd like to describe one event. Before I do, I'd like to say that I think respect is very important and I wouldn't be saying this if I felt the conversation he said to me in confidence could be traced back to him personally. He told me in a 1 on 1 conversation and I will only retell it here because he remains anonymous.

He told me about a time when he had had an argument with his then boyfriend, who was an alcoholic. He directed the negative energy at him and felt lighter afterwards - as if he had unburdened the energy this person had put onto him. Soon after, this man died in a fire. My brother had had enough experience at this point to know that his action had played a part in this event (e.g. previous events where similar things had happened). He wasn't surprised when he found out his boyfriend had died. Reflecting on this now, he seemed to have a trace of guilt, but the main thing coming from him was that this was necessary for all parties involved to move on. For him personally, it allowed him to move on from a toxic relationship and develop in his life. But he seemed a little sad that he may have caused pain to someone in order for this to happen. I spoke to him about how I believe the body is a vehicle. That death is just another step in a process of evolution. That actions that may appear 'bad' at one point in time, may be perceived as 'good' from other angles or time points. I think this helped him, he said he felt his boyfriend was suicidal and would have killed himself soon anyway. Perhaps, his direction of this energy gave them both a way out that actually reduced their pain and suffering. Perhaps, he isn't some master of the dark arts causing people harm, perhaps he's an energy catalyst that eases difficulty by quickly amplifying these situations so all can let go and move on. Bringing this back to your point, by talking together, he and I converted a situation some might look at as terrible, into one of positivity. That ultimately, all is good, no matter how much 'bad' seems to be happening. He had thought that energy was either 'good' or 'bad' and that he could only direct 'bad' energy because when he tried to help people he didn't see a change. But our conversation highlighted that there is just energy, neither 'good' nor 'bad' - it is only us that perceive it this way. With this in mind, he was very open to the idea of bringing about good things for people - for no reason other than because it can be done. Considering the dramatic events of him manipulating 'bad' energy, I'm fascinated to see the 'good' he'll be able to create now. I imagine all the repercussions of this single conversation throughout Creation. One sentence of inspiration "maybe there isn't good and bad, just energy" that sparks a new way of being that brings light into the world. The gift we can give is so great - it is beyond my ability to comprehend but I feel it as so great...

Love,

Jack


Yes, this is exactly what I can relate now. I have been judgemental towards people because of my ideal about goodness. It is a self-image which I needed to fulfill that I could feel good. When someone was misbehaving in my oppinion I judged that people and felt resentment, anger and frustration because my ideal wasn't coming true. The point is that the feeling rises in me because I myself judge others. It is, therefore, ok to judge people. G***amn this s*hit is so freeing and crazy ;D.

All the feelings that I have arise from me. My toughts manipulate these feelings. So I choose to be happy :).

Thanks Jack.

And by the way, these are just empty words before they have been experienced.
51sth
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:35 am

Re: Love in practice

Postby KathleenBrugger » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:54 pm

51sth wrote:Thank you for sharing :). I had a similar situation last week when we were photographing people. I too work in media field. I accidentally deleted one politicians picture, but didn't panic at all. The thoughts that came were: "everyone makes mistakes, no one died, this kind of things happen to everyone". If we have made a mistake before and we have believed it is a bad thing we react that way. Good news is that even when we believe it is a bad thing we can change that believe and therefore change our reaction. In fact there is much to gain when we recognize our negative believes. When we change our believes we can feel lighter.

It is very rare for me to panic anymore. I have learned a lot about acceptance and limitations, and am mostly OK when I make a mistake. So this one came totally out of the blue. But I'm pretty sure I have ever allowed someone I don't know well to see me so vulnerable, and for that I am grateful for the experience. It is liberating to see how wonderful the experience of vulnerability is!
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
User avatar
KathleenBrugger
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Love in practice

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:02 pm

KathleenBrugger wrote:It is very rare for me to panic anymore. I have learned a lot about acceptance and limitations, and am mostly OK when I make a mistake. So this one came totally out of the blue. But I'm pretty sure I have ever allowed someone I don't know well to see me so vulnerable, and for that I am grateful for the experience. It is liberating to see how wonderful the experience of vulnerability is!


Our Glorious Nudity!
User avatar
EnterZenFromThere
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Love in practice

Postby KathleenBrugger » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:31 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:
KathleenBrugger wrote:It is very rare for me to panic anymore. I have learned a lot about acceptance and limitations, and am mostly OK when I make a mistake. So this one came totally out of the blue. But I'm pretty sure I have ever allowed someone I don't know well to see me so vulnerable, and for that I am grateful for the experience. It is liberating to see how wonderful the experience of vulnerability is!


Our Glorious Nudity!

:D Yes!
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
User avatar
KathleenBrugger
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 pm


Return to Personal Experiences

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron