Finding the Inner body for starters

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Finding the Inner body for starters

Postby garten » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Hello!

It's been about 2 months that I've discovered and read "the power of now" (and other stuff like Brad Blanton) and that I've started to experiment with various excercises based on Tolle's theories to use in my daily life at work or when I'm in the city.

I like meditation for example (which I do everyday and enjoy). Moreover I'm trying to feel my physical body and my "inner body" whenever I feel "danger" coming in certain situations. A "danger situation" for me is for example at work when I have to do small-talk or deal with certain people I don't particulary like. My character is "shy/sensible", I wold say. That means I'm withholding personal secrets about me that I don't want other people to know (for example the fact that I'm interested in music, arts and litterature, while the others prefer football, cars and computers). Moreover I know that I'm searching for positive acknowledgement from other people.

And what I'm doing now in these situations when fear arises is that I try to concentrate on my body, observing myself. Just like Tolle teaches: observing without judging. I really try to let myself go without any resistance towards my feelings and sensations.
Nontheless I'm in a certain negative / sad mood. I'm trying the Sedona method but the feeling simply doesn't dissolve. Am I still identifying too much with my thoughts?

Feeling sad and negative in these situations reveal to me that I'm losing control. I can't control other people's opinions for example. It's a fact.
So what should I do now? Should I say to myself: "O.K., I'm afraid, I've lost control, it's only my pain-body, my mind" and escape into my body?
Should I take it more easy? It sounds easy when you read all this stuff in "the power of now", but doing it "live in direct" is another story.
Can someone explain me how one gets consolation and well-being from the "inner body" when the outside-ego-world is just my negative ego-thoughts?
Any comments are welcome!
garten

Re: Finding the Inner body for starters

Postby Onceler » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:57 pm

I can't tell you how to get consolation from the inner body, but I would ask, why stop there? Why not get a sense of 'you'. If you go deeply, as deep as you can go, into your inner self and ask, 'how does it feel to be me?'.....it will set off a recognition of who and what you are which will negate the bundle of who you thought you were (and everything associated with that, primarily the reactive stance of fear toward life). Do this when you think of it and see what happens. Change is slow, almost imperceptible, but change you will.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby garten » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:13 pm

Thanks Onceler for your thoughts! I will definitely try to go deeper and let you know about it!
garten

Postby Phil2 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:12 pm

garten wrote:Can someone explain me how one gets consolation and well-being from the "inner body" when the outside-ego-world is just my negative ego-thoughts?
Any comments are welcome!

Well it is about tensions in the body ... when you are in stressful situations you accumulate tensions in the body, and inhabiting your body allows you to become aware of those tensions and dissolve them, so you can restore a more healthy physical state ... when all tensions are removed, you automatically reach a state of satisfaction, this is also what happens during meditation ... this is why meditation is also kind of healing ... (btw the word 'meditation' itself is very near to 'medication' :) )

It is very important to remove those tensions in the body, because they accumulate and they can 'somatize' into more serious problems like ulcers or heart problems or even cancer ... one of those who have best described this is Jon Kabat-Zinn, and also Arthur Janov.

The best of course is to not generate those tensions, but that's another story ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby garten » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:07 pm

Thanks Phil2! Your thoughts really help! I've also noticed while meditating that for example tensions in shoulders and back really dissolve if I'm breathing correctly.
Phil2 wrote:The best of course is to not generate those tensions, but that's another story ...
That's true :)
garten

Return to Personal Experiences