friendships

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: friendships

Postby Clouded » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:42 am

dijmart wrote:
Clouded wrote:Did you feel defensive because I called you out on your ego?

And what the hell is this?...We have a little Phil mini me...un-believable.

*escapes possibility of conflict*
I will no longer partake in the Phil VS. DJ showdown.
Take what you like and leave the rest... :(
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby xpansion » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:57 am

Clouded you actively search for images to post to try an inflame the subject. What part of you wants to engage in this troll like behaviour? Could it be your pain body?
xpansion

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:10 am

xpansion wrote:
I dont really understand your line of questioning about Hitler. Isn't it obvious? As we all know Hitler engaged in psychopathic murderous activities on a mass scale. He caused so much suffering on this planet that is still felt now all these years later. This is unacceptable. I cannot feel compassion for someone who causes so much pain and suffering to others.

Well, we already had this discussion a few ago in a separate thread of yours on abundance, so I'm not going to re-hash the same topic again. However, here's the link to the thread. http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12968&p=118490#p118490

You might want to consider taking a look again at that thread for further reference on this subject matter.
Enlightened2B

Postby Clouded » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:12 am

xpansion wrote:Clouded you actively search for images to post to try an inflame the subject. What part of you wants to engage in this troll like behaviour? Could it be your pain body?

I ''troll'' so people would not take everything so seriously (in MY perspective). Laugh a little?? It was meant to be funny, not to stir up conflict, sorry if you felt differently about my post. Just to make it clear, I don't want us to be Phil vs. DJ 2.0 so I'm sorry if my replies to you weren't exactly what you were hoping for, but what is done is done and I can't take it back. If you want my apology, you can have it. I don't want none of their bullshit baggage on me and I wish they'd stop bringing up their dislike/disapproval of one another every time some post reminds them of the other. Talk about holding a grudge.

@DJ: a couple of posts ago, you told me not to ''stir the pot'' and I stopped, can you do the same? You said that you will no longer address Phil, but you still are, indirectly through me. Seriously, when I came to this forum, I expected members to non-judgemental/open to all perspectives, but I see that they're no different than me or most people. Well some forum members are better at that than others but I won't give names.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby Phil2 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:52 am

Clouded wrote:@DJ: a couple of posts ago, you told me not to ''stir the pot'' and I stopped, can you do the same? You said that you will no longer address Phil, but you still are, indirectly through me.

I think you make a good point here Clouded ... there is a kind of 'addiction' to conflicts ... as Eckhart said conflicts are good for egos, one finds an identity in conflicts, creating a sense of separation which is the intrinsic nature of ego ...
Last edited by Phil2 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Phil2 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:56 am

xpansion wrote: If people are rude, disrespectful or abusive of course I will defend myself because I'm not a doormat.

Well, maybe you could ask yourself the question: What is it that needs to be 'defended' ?

Do you need to defend a self image, a reputation, a social mask ?

??

But then what would happen exactly when you let go of all this ... why would you mind at all about a self image ? Why care about what others think of you ?

??
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Phil2 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:02 am

xpansion wrote:
Clouded wrote:Did you feel defensive because I called you out on your ego? It's okay, I have an ego too. I just think that the whole doormat thing is an exaggeration, sorry. Did you tell these people that there are things that you wish they'd stop doing to you? I don't know any magical formula to attract people who won't annoy me in my life, because being annoyed is completely up to me. I sense a lot of anger in your posts...I could be wrong? I guess you just have to meet more people and filter out the ones you don't like.

No I wouldn't really say I felt defensive. I just feel more disappointed that these teachings are being used by some people in the same way religions use faith. ie you must not question, if you do then you're told its your pride, ego etc. It's not up for you to "call out" people's egos. It's unhelpful and basically its egoic behaviour. It may be more helpful to try and inspire people instead of diminishing them.

I don't see why pointing back to you your own emotional reactions (anger, fear etc.) would be 'egoic' ... it is a reflection of your reality, which is 'what is' ... like a mirror would reflect to you your own image ... then if you don't like the image reflected to you, would you blame the mirror for that ? Can the mirror be called 'egoic' for that ?

It reminds me a joke Eckhart Tolle told in one of his talks (Findhorn 2004), Eckhart's father who was 87 when he looked in his mirror had said "mirrors are not the same quality as they used to be !" (laughs)

:lol:
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby dijmart » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Clouded, You seem to misunderstand, I'm not trying to start with Phil. I could care less what Phil does or doesn't do any longer. I said what I said to YOU, because you did sound just like Phil. Which was so shocking and funny to me. So, my reply was to YOU, not to Phil at all. I wondered how you all of a sudden started talking like Phil does?
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Phil2 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:17 pm

dijmart wrote:Clouded, You seem to misunderstand, I'm not trying to start with Phil. I could care less what Phil does or doesn't do any longer. I said what I said to YOU, because you did sound just like Phil. Which was so shocking and funny to me. So, my reply was to YOU, not to Phil at all. I wondered how you all of a sudden started talking like Phil does?

Di you remind me of the joke of the two monks who were walking toward their monastery in the mountains. As they walked they had to cross a river, and a woman was there also waiting to cross . Then one of the monks, the older one, proposed to take the woman on his shoulders to help her cross the river, which he did, then put the woman down at the other side of the river, and the two monks walked away ... after about one hour walking, the youngest monk said: "isn't it a sin to touch a woman my brother and carry her on your shoulders ?" ... and the older monk answered "My brother, I did carry this woman for 2 minutes then I dropped her and we parted, but you, you still carry this woman in your mind"

:)
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Clouded » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:16 pm

dijmart wrote:Clouded, You seem to misunderstand, I'm not trying to start with Phil. I could care less what Phil does or doesn't do any longer. I said what I said to YOU, because you did sound just like Phil. Which was so shocking and funny to me. So, my reply was to YOU, not to Phil at all. I wondered how you all of a sudden started talking like Phil does?
Idk, I wasn't thinking of imitating Phil when I wrote that. I just find it unfair that you declared to everyone here that you will ignore Phil's posts and yet you bring him up every chance you can get for your own convinience. He either exists to you or he doesn't.
Clouded

Postby dijmart » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Clouded wrote:

Idk, I wasn't thinking of imitating Phil when I wrote that. I just find it unfair that you declared to everyone here that you will ignore Phil's posts and yet you bring him up every chance you can get for your own convinience. He either exists to you or he doesn't.

So, you didn't realize you were sounding like Phil. Well, to me, you were and I pointed it out to you, because you didn't sound like yourself at all and I just wondered what the switch was about. The rest of what you bring up is you just deflecting from the subject at hand, imo. Some posters have a certain "flavor" to their writing style, it just so happens yours is far apart from Phil's normally. Jen's is very different also, as well as others here. I will not bring Phil up to "you" again, in a post directed to "you" specifically, so you can calm down now and take a chill pill. Now it is no longer your personal business what I do or don't do, regarding him.
dijmart

Postby Clouded » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:36 pm

dijmart wrote:
Clouded wrote:

So, you didn't realize you were sounding like Phil. Well, to me, you were and I pointed it out to you, because you didn't sound like yourself at all and I just wondered what the switch was about. The rest of what you bring up is you just deflecting from the subject at hand, imo. Some posters have a certain "flavor" to their writing style, it just so happens yours is far apart from Phil's normally. Jen's is very different also, as well as others here. I will not bring Phil up to "you" again, in a post directed to "you" specifically, so you can calm down now and take a chill pill. Now it is no longer your personal business what I do or don't do, regarding him.

Fine, I was the one deflecting from the subject at hand. I think it's great if you decide to give the Phil thing a rest once and for all and learn to forgive each other. Thank you for helping me realize that I was becoming like one of your most disliked posters here, now I'm going to change my writing style to suit everyone (I'm not even aware that I DO have a specific writing style??). It's just that the words that you decided to point that out to me were less than friendly to me and also had nothing to do with the OP's problems, and naturally I would defend myself and now it led to this. It's never fun to have your post nitpicked by someone because that person has a problem with someone else. You might as well ignore me too if I remind you of Phil.
Clouded

Postby Phil2 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:17 pm

Seems we are back to Kindergarten here ...

(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Clouded » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Phil2 wrote:Seems we are back to Kindergarten here ...

You started it. :lol:
Clouded

Postby dijmart » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Clouded wrote:Fine, I was the one deflecting from the subject at hand.

Yes, I know.

I think it's great if you decide to give the Phil thing a rest once and for all and learn to forgive each other.

Re-read my post, I said I wouldn't mention his name to "YOU" specifically or directed to you in a post. I also have said in the past I will not post "directly" to him. I did not say however anything about giving it a rest or learning to forgive. You're trying to put words in my mouth. If I want to say that then I will. I never said I wouldn't indirectly comment or use his name in a post again, nope never said that. You just "think" I said that.

The rest a your post was "classic" Clouded....drama filled, poor me "style". I nitpicked your other post, as you said, because you were trying to put down the OP with saying, "ego alert, ego alert", then you said, "did you feel defensive because I called you out on your ego". I didn't think it was appropriate, that's my opinion. I thought you were being like Phil in thoughs circumstances... rude/obnoxious. You didn't like someone pointing it out. Well, too bad I already did.
dijmart

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Experiences