experiences when walking or standing

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

experiences when walking or standing

Postby jaypantera » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:24 pm

Hello all I'm a new member here very happy to join your forum :)
I found out one day about Eckhart Tolle after waking up one day (it was a period of intense stress and one panic attack) that i felt like i could not daydream anymore. And trust me i used to daydream aaall the time. I was like 'what is that world and why I'm here' And some of my daydreams where not the kind of 'seeing flowers' etc but pretty angry because i had accumulated lot of anger from my past etc and i was always escaping from myself.
After reading Eckhart's book 'the power of now' it was literally like seeing myself inside there. Every word was making sense. I passed from all kind of weird phases like a lil bit of depression in the beginning many fears, everything. But My practicing of being present was always there. And in the beginning i was afraid of being present. I was like finding millions of ways to distract myself to not life in the present. Or daydream for my future but i couldn't. With the time I learned to love it and now i can say that living in the present i donno it's something that feels really natural.
But many things changed with that i don't know if many ppl are aware of something called kundalini (i prefer to call it just scared energy) something very hot started tingling my body until it reached my mind and i think it went up totally to the sky. And i can say i really enjoy meditating a lil bit can't say I'm fanatic sitting hours and hours being for me being present is already a meditation. Only thing i wanted to ask..
When I'm walking i like to feel the ground automatically, thing is..sometimes i feel a lil bit bored when i observe the city and i do sometimes go to take long walks to the park but everytime i need to go inside a metro station or a mall i feel like my senses are expanding and it makes me a lil bit dizzy. Because i don't know to what to focus on. All i can say is that for sure i need time to get more used to this transformation but i wanted to hear your opinions how you feel when you are taking a walk or going to crowded places or buses trains etc if you feel any change on you? did you particular observe something? focusing your attention to what?
Have a blissful day :)

also a small intro I'm 22 years old
jaypantera

Re: experiences when walking or standing

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:56 am

Welcome to the forum Jaypantera, thank you for sharing your experience.

When I'm walking i like to feel the ground automatically, thing is..sometimes i feel a lil bit bored when i observe the city and i do sometimes go to take long walks to the park but everytime i need to go inside a metro station or a mall i feel like my senses are expanding and it makes me a lil bit dizzy. Because i don't know to what to focus on. All i can say is that for sure i need time to get more used to this transformation but i wanted to hear your opinions how you feel when you are taking a walk or going to crowded places or buses trains etc if you feel any change on you? did you particular observe something? focusing your attention to what?

Isn't it interesting all that we cut out of our awareness. Our senses have far more capacity to process stimuli than we usually give them credit for. If we are attentive to them in the 'what is' of stimuli, then yes it can feel overwhelming.

One can get used to the differences.

Another poster has just discussed it in terms of photographing scenes, and for this they would 'frame' their visual attention and naturally tune into those elements. There is an interaction via the camera as to the depth of field (& therefore influence of stimuli), whether it's in close or wide framing.

However if there were an element outside of that frame that we are sensing we would take our eye away from the camera lens in order to 'complete' the sensory information we are processing - it might be a pile of dog poo outside of the visual framing, but within range of our sense of smell.

Only when we notice dog poo through our senses do we become aware of it. The same occurs amid the myriad of stimuli around us and available to us.

It's (mostly) more harmonious (more easily interpreted / translated / absorbed into our awareness) in natural, unenclosed environments than it is in humanly constructed environments where competing energies flows are blocked and/or overpower our senses.

For the most part I'd suggest breathe out if the overwhelming feeling occurs, rather than tense against it. One's awareness will go towards that which is most resonant in energy and at 'difference' to the whole - a loud(er) noise, a strong(er) smell, a cacophony of colour or contrasts in light/shades, emotional energies that are resonating etc The 'dizzy' feeling is that one is holding their breath, and new breath cannot come in.

In the wide view frame all of these things coexist, in a narrower view one or more elements can seem 'more' than they are in the whole.

We naturally adjust our senses in environments and that adjustment may take a little while, just like adjusting our sight in the darkness, or sudden light, or adjusting our hearing at a concert.

Breathing out consciously during this adjustment period allows 'new breath' & the 'new stimuli' to harmonise within our senses. One doesn't have to worry about breathing in, that will naturally occur in harmony with expelling the 'old' breath.

Can you say if you have noticed tensing and holding your breath in these experiences?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Re: experiences when walking or standing

Postby jaypantera » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:54 am

Wow such a great answer..i admit it i wasn't expecting an answer like this totally on point. And yes i do notice myself tensing in those situations like thinking more on taking the breathe in than the out one..i think it's still a lil bit of fear to 'expand'. Because I'm also aware that most times when I fully aware of the out breathe i was like expanding and sometimes this energy was going up directly which right now it flows in a calm manner sometimes it's more 'violent' depending if I'm tensed. I also realized that my out breathe it's much longer even the breathing pattern changed completely. It's not so fast as it used to be. I think I'm slowly getting used of my senses because yes sometimes it's overwhelming
jaypantera

Return to Personal Experiences