Not so greedy anymore

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Not so greedy anymore

Postby Maringa » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:25 am

Hmm... maybe not the best subject title but, here goes:

Last year I became very greedy for spiritual development and "becoming" enlightened, met a lot of spiritual but unconscious people http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12846, got interested in auras, afterlife, aliens and all kinds of "airy fairy" stuff that I had no interest in before :shock: This September a friend took me to a vedic astrologer and I willingly paid him a large sum of money to do a vedic birth chart for me. Oh how I regret that. My anxiety finally had something to cling to very, very hard. I have GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and it's also called "what if disease" and it sounds like this in my head: "what if everything is predestined? what if this chart is true? what if this period is really bad? what if I'll die when I'm this and that age!?" etc etc every possible negative "what if" thought related to that chart that my mind possibly could come up with.

It was like opening the portals to hell.

I mean I have had this "what if thoughts" for a looooong time but after engaging in more "spiritual" things I've been a complete WRECK!!! :shock: :shock:

My awakening process started 2011/2012 and since then I've observed some interesting things. The "karmic cycles" are shorter, I can see the results (good and bad) from my own actions. I don't live according to an unconscious pattern any more, I live the life I want and do what I want moste of the time. I have a deeper sense of happiness and joy.

But it was last year 2014 that I become spiritually greedy and it was like taking a step BACK from the awakening process. Much more unconscious behavior and worry was linked to this.

A couple of days ago, I felt something new:
It was a kind of knowing I guess, and it said to me:
This is not for you, this astrology, aliens, auras etc you don't need to care about these things because it will not make your life any better. Just be present in your everyday life and everything will work out fine. Nothing is predestined, nothing is predetermined if you just care about the present moment you will naturally make good decisions and attract good things. You'll end the karmic cycle and live a free life.

Now I suddenly feel no need for anything else then the things I allready got, I don't want to read astrology charts or talk to dead people or whatever. That is not enlightenment, that's something else and I don't know what.

Can anyone relate to this or is it just jibber jabber? :P
Maringa

Re: Not so greedy anymore

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:49 am

It's just the next step on your path through life. Make the most of it and it will reward you greatly. It may also be that even if you make the worst of it, that too will reward you. You just likely won't enjoy the reward as much - for a while.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Enlightened2B » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Maringa wrote:It was a kind of knowing I guess, and it said to me: [/b] This is not for you, this astrology, aliens, auras etc you don't need to care about these things because it will not make your life any better. Just be present in your everyday life and everything will work out fine. Nothing is predestined, nothing is predetermined if you just care about the present moment you will naturally make good decisions and attract good things. You'll end the karmic cycle and live a free life.

Now I suddenly feel no need for anything else then the things I allready got, I don't want to read astrology charts or talk to dead people or whatever. That is not enlightenment, that's something else and I don't know what.

I can relate to some extent, in that, it's very easy to get caught up with a lot of spiritual ideas and then lose yourself in thought.

I've been trying to focus on healing and I find that there are gazillions and gazillions of spiritual paths/ideas out there that it could start to become overwhelming without some sort of grounding presence. Meaning, well, if I don't balance my chakras, or if I don't understand my purpose here as an incarnated soul, or, perhaps I need to understand the planetary alignment in regards to my astrology or perhaps I'm afraid that I will keep reincarnating if I don't achieve something. The list goes on and on.

So, where do I go?

For me, as E2B, I have a genuine interest for the time being (which can always change) in healing and understanding healing and understanding soul incarnations which right now feels right for me at this moment, in regards to putting my energy as I feel there is a chance for healing there and feels right to delve into as my path has led me to this point and I'm exploring past life regression with the work of Robert Schwartz to further delve into why I incarnated here. That's just me personally and understand that there's no harm in exploring any of the ideas you mention. I'd say go for it and explore the astrology route if it feels right for you. Explore auras and such if it feels right for you. But, you can always come back to that grounding presence as your core nature at all times. I've gone through much of the same as you and that simple knowing that you refer to, is your true nature telling you that Presence is all there is and much of the other stuff can be a distraction if not approached from a place of presence. Hard to see sometimes, when we're caught up with so many different ideas.
Enlightened2B

Postby DavidB » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:36 pm

No, it's not jibberjabber.

Often when people search for a more rewarding spiritual experience, it can start with hocus pocus. They have not yet realized that they have a deeper inner spiritual dimension. Once we realize that we have this deeper inner spiritual dimension, we no longer need to focus on the external hocus pocus. Becoming still and knowing our own spririt, provides us with all the peace we require. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Onceler » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:12 am

Maringa wrote:Hmm... maybe not the best subject title but, here goes:

Yes, I can relate to this! It gets simpler, easier as I go along. When we know who we are, we don't need anything else.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby karmarider » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:32 am

Hi Maringa,

If you're saying that with increasing clarity, spiritual eagerness goes away, I agree with you. With increasing clarity, there is no need to believe or disbelieve in anything.
karmarider

Postby CaiHong » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:58 am

Hi Maringa,
I find it comforting to hear about the nitty gritty of other people's search. My interests or diversions are going around in ever decreasing circles, I start to worry that I am missing the boat somehow but I come back to the realization that the boat is here, start listening to ET. The anxiety is in the background still but it's not taking over.

CaiHong
CaiHong

Postby Rob X » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Maringa wrote:Just be present in your everyday life and everything will work out fine.

Perfect.

I think that you are right, it can be a form of greed - sometimes known as spiritual materialism. Investing in teachings, paths and methods in all walks of the new age circuit with the hope of making ourselves immune from life's vicissitudes. But it doesn't work. We find ourselves trying to solve our lives rather than living them. It's endless.

And then… we come back to this moment and we take a deep breath and sense the vitality that is here in this unfolding living-ness… and all that other stuff seems like a dream. The answer is not over there, it's here.
Rob X

Postby DavidB » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:31 am

But it doesn't work. We find ourselves trying to solve our lives rather than living them. It's endless.

Yes indeed Rob X, that is quite true.

This was a message from Eckhart on a facebook forum december 24 2012:

Dear Friends,
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." (Theodore Rubin)

Even if we discount all those pseudo-problems (such as worry), that are created by dysfunctional thinking, there still remains the fact that "having problems" seems to be the norm in most people's lives. Relationships, finances, work, health..... if it's not one thing, it's something else. So, can we accept the possibility that comfort and security are not the ultimate purpose of human existence -- and that consciousness evolves and awakens through facing discomfort and insecurity? Can we accept that we may be here to be challenged, and so no longer resent the fact that we have problems? Can we accept each moment as it is?

The paradox is that, when we live like that, with no resentment and no complaining, not only do solutions appear more quickly, but we transcend the entire realm of problems. All that's left then is life and its challenges, and we respond to each challenge with peace in our hearts.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
With love
Eckhart.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Onceler » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:55 am

Nice quote, DavidB, thanks for posting.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby stefano2015 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Just the way things happen sometimes.
stefano2015

Return to Personal Experiences