Contemplation

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Contemplation

Postby vivianamis » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:32 pm

One day while sitting outside I was thinking about my relationship to God when I heard a voice saying: I am closer than you think. My first reaction was....of course you are, everyone knows that. But I heard no reply, so I started to think about what I had heard....closer than you think.....think....thinking....thought. Then it dawned on me....before thought. That's it! Suddenly everything made sense, like a door opening up, I understood. The veil of ignorance was lifted. Closer than thought, before thought. Before anything came into being. That is why Jesus said :Before you were born I am. That is why Jesus said: Take no thought for what you will eat or wear or for tomorrow. All things will be taken care of. Thought is the only thing that separates me from God/all and if I can observe that thought I am not that thought nor the one who is creating that thought. I am simply the witness to it. In separating my Self from my mind I am at peace and my mind becomes silent....and the awareness arises I am that silence.
"To know the Truth, you have to be out of your mind"
vivianamis

Re: Contemplation

Postby Enlightened2B » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:58 pm

Very nice! I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing
Enlightened2B

Postby dijmart » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:59 am

Yes!!!
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby DavidB » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:03 pm

That is amazing vivianamis.

Isn't it amazing that thought can lead us back to no thought. Life truly is astounding. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby vivianamis » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:11 pm

DavidB wrote:That is amazing vivianamis.

Isn't it amazing that thought can lead us back to no thought. Life truly is astounding. :)

Yes, David and I am glad you shared your awareness with me. Even thinking will bring you back to silence....eventually : )
vivianamis

Postby vivianamis » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Everything is now crystal clear. I understand Jesus's teachings and Buddha's and Krishna's. They may use words such as unlearning, undoing, re-membering, a return to but it's all the same. In the silence of our mind we are all One. There is no you, me and God. We are One. There are no differences, no color, no states, no traditions or religions, no path or rituals. We are free to be and blessed. My cup is full and running over and there is more from where that came from. It's not a cup, it's a well inside of me that feeds me and quenches my thirst.
vivianamis

Postby Andreas » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Awsome! Thanks!
Andreas

Postby Mystic » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:10 am

vivianamis wrote:Everything is now crystal clear. I understand Jesus's teachings and Buddha's and Krishna's. They may use words such as unlearning, undoing, re-membering, a return to but it's all the same. In the silence of our mind we are all One. There is no you, me and God. We are One. There are no differences, no color, no states, no traditions or religions, no path or rituals. We are free to be and blessed. My cup is full and running over and there is more from where that came from. It's not a cup, it's a well inside of me that feeds me and quenches my thirst.

Thank you for sharing the living water :D
Mystic

Return to Personal Experiences