Saved my marriage . . .

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Saved my marriage . . .

Postby susanpeabody » Mon May 30, 2016 10:32 pm

I am addicted to right brain/left brain activity. My husband, Frank, lives in the moment. We argued a lot before I found Tolle's book. Now that I am learning not only how to live in the moment, but to understand what he gets out of it, we hardly fight anymore. I am beyond grateful to Tolle's book, and as I learned in Alcoholics Anonymous I will "pass it on." That will be a lot of fun because I am a teacher, counselor and writer. I touch a lot of people out there. So thank you Eckhart.

There is always a brighter tomorrow.
susanpeabody

Re: Saved my marriage . . .

Postby DavidB » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Learning about the pain body can be a great relationship transformer. It helps us to become aware of the triggers that cause us to slip back into unconsciousness and unwittingly sabotage our intimate relationships.

Through Eckhart, I learned to really listen and let go of expectations. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Re: Saved my marriage . . .

Postby painBody » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:08 am

susanpeabody wrote:I am addicted to right brain/left brain activity. My husband, Frank, lives in the moment. We argued a lot before I found Tolle's book. Now that I am learning not only how to live in the moment, but to understand what he gets out of it, we hardly fight anymore. I am beyond grateful to Tolle's book, and as I learned in Alcoholics Anonymous I will "pass it on." That will be a lot of fun because I am a teacher, counselor and writer. I touch a lot of people out there. So thank you Eckhart.

A teacher - what a wonderful thing to be ! Not in the egoic sense, but you are in a privileged position to undo a lot of toxic conditioning that children are subjected to in life. You have the power to plant the seeds of consciousness in these children. You have the power to show them what is really important in life. I think that is a wonderful golden opportunity in front of you.

This is really great to hear; thank you for sharing.

The great beauty of it all is that you and your husband don't have to agree on everything ... that would be boring. You can be your individual selves on the level of form, yet, be present with one another and enjoy the infinite bliss that that holds in store for you. When problems arise, you can deal with them in a non-confrontational way. An intimate relationship is a great arena to apply all that we can learn from Eckhart Tolle.

I'd love to hear more about your progress over time ! Keep us posted !
painBody

Return to Personal Experiences