Convincing never works

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Convincing never works

Postby DavidB » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:11 am

Suddenly it is less about need, rather: "How do I Consciously choose to interact and present Myself to this Person.

That's a good point. With all this being in the present, I'm often conflicted on how I can best present myself in any given situation. For myself, the evolution of consciousness is always at the back of my mind and influences everything I do. So every situation has become an opportunity for growth, either mine, theirs or both. Most of what I do and say has become deliberate. You might say, I have a hidden agenda, but it's only hidden until the other person becomes aware of what I'm doing. If their awareness has become into alignment with my own, I'm overjoyed, as this rarely ever happens.

I don't come to this forum as often as I'd like, but this sort of forum allows me to interact with people of my own level of awareness, which I rarely find in the real world. It's nice to be able to freely express my ideas here with people that understand.

In the real world, while I do enjoy the company of fiends and colleagues, I often feel a sense of loneliness, as 95% of the conversation is repetitive, trivial nonsense. And the limited opportunities I do have to really connect on a deeper level never really seems to make that much of a difference.

I still struggle with two ideas. When I check my motivations I come up with two drivers. One that is quite content to not do anything at all and just allow everything to be as it is, no judgement, no desire to influence anything at all, to sit in silence and simply be. And the other, to actively participate, try and help people out and make a difference, which can come in all manner of influential forcefulness.

Simply being isn't as easy at it might sound. :D
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Onceler » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:05 am

Nice post, DavidB. I do think there is a another alternative between letting things be as they are and active participation.....and that's vacillating between the two. I think being in the flow of life means you know when to accept and when to be active. I'm not there often, but when I am, it is intuition driven rather than reason driven. This way feels right when it is engaged, with a sense of acceptance while actively changing and a sense of movement, change, flow when doing nothing.....or 'not doing' as the Taoist say.
"When the fear is gone, the mind becomes much quieter, much less full of things. Thoughts become like a gentle rain rather than a thunderstorm." John Sherman
Onceler

Postby DavidB » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:58 am

and that's vacillating between the two

Yes indeed, and that's exactly what seems to happen.

And thanks for the reminder of the Tao. I love listening to the tao te ching from time to time.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby dijmart » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:40 am

In the real world, while I do enjoy the company of friends and colleagues, I often feel a sense of loneliness, as 95% of the conversation is repetitive, trivial nonsense.

Yep, that's me too. Today I had to listen to the most trival nonsense from co-workers it was uterly ridiculous! It was ego at its finest! .. one co-worker wanting to change policy, because well, gee, it was effecting her...it took all I could to not laugh!

I feel alone often, even when at home with my family. My husband "slightly" inquired as to what I was into 'spiritually. Even though I've been posting here since 2010 and gave him "PON" that he never read! I gave him a simple, very simple answer...he said, "uh, I don't know what you mean?". Uhhhh, it exhausting... so, I feel alone, except on the internet..sad!
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences