Some advice

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Some advice

Postby Tulip54 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:50 am

Hello to everyone. I am new here. I am very excited to communicate with enlightened people or people on the path. No one in my life knows about my spiritual path and sometimes this can feel isolating. I would like some advice. I have met someone who knows about Eckhart and his teachings and who understands to a certain degree. He is an activist and fighting for what we would call good course and believes spiritually to be very selfish. He has a very big ego but I also partly agree with what he is says. Part of my ego is to listen to other peoples opinions and take them all to heart which is why I don't talk to my friends and family about Eckhart because I am concerned they don't understand and that I am being silly to listen to something that to lots of people sounds far fetched. My whole understanding of this world has been turned on its head through learning the teachings through the power of now new earth and silence speaks. Today after meeting with this man I have completely lost consciousness. My mind has taken over but I feel deep deep emotions that I am not sure what they are. I'm trying to explain this the best I can and I am looking for something right now I can't find in myself. I tried to explain that I don't want to fight for what I think is right I want to become enlightened and spread what I have to others. He thinks that putting my head in the sand and why I do this terrible things happen to good people. That more should be done to stop the madness. I hope and pray that someone will read this message and understand what I am trying (not very well) to get across
Thanks everyone
Tulip54

Re: Some advice

Postby Rob X » Tue May 02, 2017 6:15 pm

Tulip54 wrote:Hello to everyone. I am new here. I am very excited to communicate with enlightened people or people on the path. No one in my life knows about my spiritual path and sometimes this can feel isolating. I would like some advice. I have met someone who knows about Eckhart and his teachings and who understands to a certain degree. He is an activist and fighting for what we would call good course and believes spiritually to be very selfish. He has a very big ego but I also partly agree with what he is says. Part of my ego is to listen to other peoples opinions and take them all to heart which is why I don't talk to my friends and family about Eckhart because I am concerned they don't understand and that I am being silly to listen to something that to lots of people sounds far fetched. My whole understanding of this world has been turned on its head through learning the teachings through the power of now new earth and silence speaks. Today after meeting with this man I have completely lost consciousness. My mind has taken over but I feel deep deep emotions that I am not sure what they are. I'm trying to explain this the best I can and I am looking for something right now I can't find in myself. I tried to explain that I don't want to fight for what I think is right I want to become enlightened and spread what I have to others. He thinks that putting my head in the sand and why I do this terrible things happen to good people. That more should be done to stop the madness. I hope and pray that someone will read this message and understand what I am trying (not very well) to get across
Thanks everyone

Hi Tulip54

Firstly, ask yourself, why is your friend an activist? Why does he feel the inclination to fight for good causes? The clue is in the question - he has an inclination, a drive, a calling, an urge, possibly, a need to manifest in that way.

Perhaps your drive is to awaken to your true nature. If you have read and understood the books that you mention, perhaps you have come to a point where you intuit that you would be better equipped to deal with the world in all of its insanity by realising the deeper truth of your situation.

Lastly, and this follows on from the above, why can’t you do both - why can’t you be on a spiritual path and do your bit for humanity? They are not mutually exclusive, in fact they often go hand in hand.
Rob X

Re: Some advice

Postby Tulip54 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:06 pm

Hello Rob X
Thank you so much for your reply. After reading that message back which was written late last night I can see it wasn't very well written and maybe not very clear but you got the point. :oops:
Yes you are correct about doing both. As an activist he seems to have a lots of anger about what people do to each other. He believes that everyone in the country (Britian) bury our heads in the sand and do not really understand what goes on behind closed doors. Especially in the world of the rich and influential people. I feel this is an awakening of a pain body in him as everything I tried to say was met with rather aggressive responses.

I am also unconscious or I would not feel so deeply about this because I would know the truth and not be trying to defend it or justify.

I am becoming frustrated with this path to enlightment, that I have not reached it that I can not show it through me which of course I know is insanity.

I do know for certain that meeting this person and hearing his ideas was meant to happen as it is what is happening.

I know I either become more unconscious or it drives me to awaken and obviouly I would like the latta.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say as I am not great at expressing myself especially like this through text.
Thank you so much Rob x for your response
Tulip54

Return to Personal Experiences