Dead by day, alive by night

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Dead by day, alive by night

Postby painBody » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:12 am

Has anyone else here noticed a resemblance between the two following pieces of text: "1 a.m." AND "I am" ???

I've noticed a definite pattern through each day/night. I'm my very best at night - in terms of mood, being relaxed, energetic, alert, and my mental/problem solving capacity. The few hours when the insanity of the world temporarily dies down are my best each day. During the day, I feel pretty much dead.

I've always been a night owl. The night, to me, is not only incredibly peaceful and thus a portal to presence, but also full of intrigue and mystery. The rolling California hills all around me take on the form of beautiful, dark, mysterious silhouettes and the worlds outside this mudball we live on beg to be noticed. The surface of the Pacific reflects light from those worlds, and the waves dance around, inundated with the joy of being.

The sunlight and daytime are much too overrated, if you ask me - noise pollution, chemical pollution, billions of unconscious beings running around pointlessly ... eh, no thanks. To be honest, the daytime, to me, has but one purpose - to plan for, look forward to, and await the nighttime, when I can feel alive again.

Know what I mean ?
painBody

Re: Dead by day, alive by night

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:55 pm

painBody wrote:Know what I mean ?

Actually no. There is beauty and value in all aspects of life. We simply need to be open to and considerate of the possibilities. I see no need to separate into good and bad two unique aspects of this wonderland of experience.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby painBody » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:19 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
painBody wrote:Know what I mean ?

Actually no. There is beauty and value in all aspects of life. We simply need to be open to and considerate of the possibilities. I see no need to separate into good and bad two unique aspects of this wonderland of experience.

WW

I get what you're saying. I'm painting interpretations/judgments onto the two different phases of the day. I think I made myself sound more judgmental than I am about it.

Of course, it's not the sunlight itself that I don't care for; it's what I associate it with - the externalized noise from noisy human minds. That heavy/dense negative energy of people running around pointlessly "like frightened chickens" (Eckhart's words, I swear) affects me.

I think what I really meant to say is that the nighttime is far more conducive to presence, for me, than the daytime. Far more peaceful, far more relaxing.

But, if you're able to enjoy the daytime, all the power to you :)
painBody

Postby rachMiel » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:39 am

There's something quite magical in a walk at night in a dark wooded area (like my neighborhood, no street lights, very few house lights, lotsa trees). There's a feeling of holiness in the night air, I've felt this since I was a kid. It's only quite recently that I've begun to discover the joy of daytime and sunlight.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby painBody » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:44 pm

rachMiel wrote:There's something quite magical in a walk at night in a dark wooded area (like my neighborhood, no street lights, very few house lights, lotsa trees). There's a feeling of holiness in the night air, I've felt this since I was a kid.

Yes ! Absolutely ! Nice to know I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

Eckhart, in one rare incident of personal disclosure, revealed that he cherishes the peace and quiet of the nighttime, and often stays up till around 1 am.
painBody

Postby dijmart » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:48 am

When I'm up alone at night (sometimes). I like it best also. The worldly "duties" aren't nagging at you to "do" something, there is just peace...and quiet.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby rachMiel » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:35 pm

painBody wrote:
rachMiel wrote:There's something quite magical in a walk at night in a dark wooded area (like my neighborhood, no street lights, very few house lights, lotsa trees). There's a feeling of holiness in the night air, I've felt this since I was a kid.

Yes ! Absolutely ! Nice to know I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

From "Seth Speaks," a book of Seth's words as channeled by Jane Roberts:

“At certain times during the night the negative ions in the air are much stronger, or
numerous, than in the daytime, for example; and activity during this time, particularly
a walk or outside activity, would be highly beneficial from a health standpoint."

Seth also said (through Roberts) that it was best NOT to sleep for too many hours at a time. 8 is too much. 4-6 is better (with a good long nap later in the day). The reason? Because the soul could get disoriented spending so much time away from the body (which is what Seth said happens during sleep).
rachMiel

Postby dijmart » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:28 am

(with a good long nap later in the day). The reason? Because the soul could get disoriented

Can I please get a note for my boss outlining this?... :lol: JK
dijmart

Postby rachMiel » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:16 am

I think it would be better if it came from your soul. :roll:
rachMiel

Postby dijmart » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:06 am

rachMiel wrote:I think it would be better if it came from your soul. :roll:

:lol:
dijmart

Postby painBody » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:17 pm

rachMiel wrote:“At certain times during the night the negative ions in the air are much stronger, or
numerous, than in the daytime, for example; and activity during this time, particularly
a walk or outside activity, would be highly beneficial from a health standpoint."

This is easy to believe. There is a certain crispness and purity to the night air that is hard to describe, but you seem to know what I mean. The daytime air feels polluted and heavy in comparison.

rachMiel wrote:Seth also said (through Roberts) that it was best NOT to sleep for too many hours at a time. 8 is too much. 4-6 is better (with a good long nap later in the day). The reason? Because the soul could get disoriented spending so much time away from the body (which is what Seth said happens during sleep).

The sleep regimen you described is EXACTLY mine ! It works for me because I'm unemployed. While I can't comment on the soul getting disoriented, I do see a fairly intuitive explanation for it. If you examine animals in the wild, like big cats for example, they nap throughout the day as they feel tired. They don't sleep for 8 hours at a stretch. This is natural.

The 8 hour bullshit is just pure conditioning, and fits nicely into the context of corporate madness. We invented the "circadian rhythm" bullshit just to facilitate long work days. Think about it - are all human bodies the same ? If not, why, then, do we impose a one-size-fits-all solution on them ? Because we are conditioned puppets who see no other way to do things ! Any such machine-like behavior is conditioned.

An 8 hour downtime works well for machines like computer servers which need to cool down and let their mirrors take over (I'm sure Facebook servers, which are numerous, take turns facilitating the world's madness) But, it makes no sense for humans. Humans need sleep whenever they are tired, like most animals in the wild. In fact, a lot of human madness is analogous to machine behavior - black/white thinking, good/bad, yes/no (think binary states) ... machines know nothing more than what the hands that created them programmed them with. We have drifted too far away from natural to conditioned (programmed) behavior. We try to emulate machines too much, but are constantly (and unpleasantly) reminded (by our suffering) that it's not a good way to do things, but we continue doing it anyway :) There is a lot to learn from observing animals in the wild, who remain natural.

I have NEVER felt rested after even 10 hours of night sleep. But, when I wake up from even a 1 hour afternoon nap, I'm ready to take on the world.
painBody

Postby rachMiel » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:45 pm

From what I see you have a really strong life force. I hope you have something to direct it towards, ground it in?
rachMiel

Postby painBody » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:07 pm

rachMiel wrote:From what I see you have a really strong life force. I hope you have something to direct it towards, ground it in?

Hmmmm ... interesting observation ... can you elaborate ?

Recently, I've been directing it towards programming an mp3 player app on MacOS ... with a mixed bag of luck and frustration :D
painBody

Postby rachMiel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:40 pm

It's just a feeling that you experience things intensely. And if intensity like that isn't grounded, it can cause problems I think. All dressed up and nowhere to go kind of thing ...
rachMiel

Postby painBody » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:02 am

rachMiel wrote:It's just a feeling that you experience things intensely. And if intensity like that isn't grounded, it can cause problems I think. All dressed up and nowhere to go kind of thing ...

Interesting, but I don't know if it's true. I think what differentiates me from most and hence makes me stand out in a way, is that I'm quite direct in my expression. If I think something's bullshit, I'll use the word "bullshit", without resorting to euphemisms. So, that tends to make me come across as intense. Others might use the words "unpolished" or "blunt" to describe my expression. I choose my words carefully, but only with the aims of clarity and unambiguous understanding; I leave out the sugar.

By contrast, someone who experiences things 100 times more intensely may sugarcoat his/her words 10000 times more than me, and hence, give the impression of a much lower intensity, I think. People are master actors, all of us, to varying extents. I have a background in computing, so I tend to emphasize clarity, directness, exactness, and detail (i.e. with respect to what I want to say) more than I do refinement. I also don't care what others think about me, and that is reflected in my transparent expression.

A politician or human resources director may come across as more polished or calm, because he/she is expert at masking what is experienced internally, and uses a lot more forethought/calculation in his/her words, with the primary objectives being the upholding of his/her image and the appeasement of the audience, as opposed to directly spitting out what is on the inside. When I speak, my primary goal almost always is to do my very best to get my message across, in its original, non-distorted form ... with the highest possible signal-to-noise ratio, signal being the original message and noise being distortion caused by sugarcoating. Hope this makes sense :)

I don't know if I experience things any more intensely than others (who knows?). I'm just a lot more transparent in my expression of whatever I experience.
Last edited by painBody on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
painBody

Next

Return to Personal Experiences