thoughts of the past light .....

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

thoughts of the past light .....

Postby ECM » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:20 am

I value the ET concept of not needing the past. He simply stresses- "You do not need your past."
ahhhh- I find so much value in this. So freeing.
As I have just finished the PON I have been the observer of past thoughts-
BUT past thoughts of light in my life where I was present- at certain moments in my life when I felt enlightment. Now that I feel like I have a grasp on the enlightment concept...
I observe this light, accept and appreciate it- knowing that I can reconnect this healthy path of light inside me from the past with this present- this NOW.
BUT it is the Past but that fact that Iam observing this- could this be going against this "not needing you past concept" ?

Cheers,
ECM
ECM

Re: thoughts of the past light .....

Postby Sandy » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:28 am

ECM wrote:As I have just finished the PON I have been the observer of past thoughts

Hi ECM, What is the PON? Sandy
Sandy

Postby ECM » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:33 am

Hi Sandy,
PON = Power of Now ;)
ECM

Postby Sandy » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:58 am

ECM wrote:Hi Sandy,
PON = Power of Now ;)

Wow, this has made my day, what a laugh on myself!

I have been listening to some of Eckhart's tapes this week. How although we want to be ever-present in the NOW, memory access to the past for useful knowledge and experience is fine, and planning ahead intelligently with specific goals for the future is fine. He seems to be saying that compulsively trying to build our sense of identity on past conditioning is the problem, and also always trying to see the future as something that will hopefully be better, we fail to live fully and fulfilled in each present moment. Sandy
Sandy

Return to Personal Experiences