Quieting of the Mind

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Quieting of the Mind

Postby barbarasher » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:01 am

Hi all!

The benefits are being reaped. My mind is quieting. I am thinking less. I am more in the moment. There is less worry, analysis, imaginary "what-if" scenarios that I live out for a few minutes in an awake-dreamland and less suffering.

More actions come more naturally, with less obsessive thought worry and analysis. I still think a lot for my work which involves technical issues and writing. But when I am not busy, I say to myself "you are thinking, stop thinking" and I do. More importantly it happens naturally more and more often. The Gateways CD was helpful in that area. The three gateways are: acceptance, listening to silence and the inner body.

Mostly I employ an acute attention to the now, looking and feeling the aliveness and beauty of my surroundings. And they are.

PS: My mother is reading material I give her and sending me quotes and more importantly I seem to be in a very good period with my husband. I am appreciating him more, and I am "feeling it" instead of just "saying to myself" that I should feel it.
barbarasher

Re: Quieting of the Mind

Postby Sandy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:03 am

barbarasher wrote:Hi all!

The benefits are being reaped. My mind is quieting. I am thinking less. I am more in the moment. There is less worry, analysis, imaginary "what-if" scenarios that I live out for a few minutes in an awake-dreamland and less suffering.....

.....The Gateways CD was helpful in that area. The three gateways are: acceptance, listening to silence and the inner body.

.....I seem to be in a very good period with my husband. I am appreciating him more, and I am "feeling it" instead of just "saying to myself" that I should feel it.

Hi Barbara, The Gateways CD has helped me too recently. I have experienced several days at a time of being more present and truly attentive to people and surroundings. Then there have been some upheavals of unconscious material starting in dreams and then the tendency to get caught in related daydreams. What Eckhart says about accepting even the difficult times has also helped with that.

The kids I nanny, especially the older one who can use words have noticed my increased attention and patience with them. The littler one communicates by coming up and hugging me more which says a lot. My husband has also noticed that I have been calmer and more caring. Even my relapses have been far more minor. I see right away that a sense of impatience is returning, and just that awareness seems to lessen it.

Oops, just lost the last part of this post due to not copying it in time. Will comment more another time. Sleepytime now for me.

Sandy
Sandy

Postby summer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:55 pm

I am so happy to hear that both of you dear ladies are feeling more peaceful and loving. :D

YES. YES. YES.

The awakening is happening to all of us. It is quite amazing to think that we may all experience the awakening of the human species.

WOW. This is music to my ears :D
summer

Return to Personal Experiences