Moving...

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Moving...

Postby ECM » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:55 pm

and keep setting myself up with Future scenerios/positive expectations.
Any suggestions for this madness?? ;)

I know I could just STOP thinking but any other help would be appreciated.

ECM
ECM

Postby heidi » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:26 pm

Hi ECM - Our brains are actually good things when we practice presence. Think, ha, where we'd be if we didn't have them. You wouldn't be able to ask this question, and I wouldn't be able to answer it :) I remember listening to a Tolle tape where he talked about being in a hurry and having to pack. Action is a divine thing. So, instead of creating scenerios that are not present, do what you need to do now, and enjoy the splendor of action!
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby ECM » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:44 pm

gracious Heidi -
will keep this in mind while packing today!

:)
ECM

Postby barbarasher » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:23 am

You can use the three gateways to presence: acceptance, listening to silence and the inner body. ET has a CD on this subject.

I have been working on this exact issue for most of the time that I have started this awakening process (1.5 years).

I concentrate on my breathing, refuse to think about anything (and gently push my mind back again and again and again when it wanders). It is a practice and a discipline. It trains the mind to a new way of thinking called no-thinking.

I also imagine my thoughts as the water droplets that come out of one of those plant spray containers. You see a cloud when it comes out but it then disolves. I let the thought evaporate by imagining them doing so.
barbarasher

Postby heidi » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:24 pm

I also imagine my thoughts as the water droplets that come out of one of those plant spray containers. You see a cloud when it comes out but it then disolves. I let the thought evaporate by imagining them doing so.
Nice way of thinking, ha ha.

I've been doing a lot of that exercise, entering the inner body, from the Gateways Cd today as I resist the urge - read in Tolle-speak: as I observe, accept and let go of the thoughts and images representing - to smoke. Sheesh. I may start another thread about addictions and the now. This is like my ego's last ditch effort to cause conflict and stay alive. There really is no struggle, but this old beasty brain can stomp around like a dinosaur ;)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby barbarasher » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:55 am

I don't remember which CD, but ET definitely talks about cravings and how they can be a good teacher somewhere.
barbarasher

Return to Personal Experiences