Declining the pain-body

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Declining the pain-body

Postby weopposedeception » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:55 am

I'm learning not to take the bait. Here's a good analogy. I'm walking through a carnival and all the barkers (or whatever you call them) are trying to get my attention, "3 throws for a dollar! Give it a shot!". My higher Self knows that the games are not what they appear. They are extremely difficult but made to look easy. The prize is some cheap stuffed animal. However I don't get into a debate with the barker, he's just doing the only thing he knows, it's his job. I just smile and walk past. The making of a personal drama always begins with a judgement. Who is making the judgement? The mind, which is an illusion. An illusion can only create more illusion, it can never create reality. I'm always praying for guidance to follow God's will. I finally figured out that God's will is whatever is in front of me in this moment. So far, God has never come down to me and said "Joe, I need your opinion on everything that happens today. I really need your feedback to help me run the universe." :D
weopposedeception

Postby be-lank » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:39 am

I loved this story. I liked the voice it was coming from too.
It was fun and the last line was very funny.

It made me laugh.

Keep posting Joe!
be-lank

Postby weopposedeception » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:21 am

Glad to have found good company here, soul brethren.
weopposedeception

Postby be-lank » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:18 am

Ya-hoo!
be-lank

Return to Personal Experiences