An Amazing Experience

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Vikings are Nice

Post by Vikings are Nice » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:26 am

Thanks for the replies. They have put me back on track.

For me, I have to keep it simple. I have re-discovered that if I do anything but simply watch thoughts, feelings and emotions I end up locked in making stories. I don't know about others, but for me, any forcing at all is a problem. If I try to force thoughts to stop or force inner body awareness, I am back in the negative loop. It is like the ego believes in a magical solution so tries to force something. Simply watching invites back to watcher and I can be impartial again. And then the thoughts, feelings and emotions can be there - whatever they are - as long as they are being watched it is fine. And slowly the mind settles.

Sometimes this deepens into inner body awareness which feels heeling. Sometimes it doesn't. But if I force inner body awareness, it quickly becomes uncomfortable.

I wonder if I will remember these insights...
Vikings are Nice

yougarksooo

Post by yougarksooo » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:24 am

I wonder if I will remember these insights...
Awareness is the most natural thing because it is who we are. You will realize that more and more as you watch. Then, you won't have to remember. The shift for me was apparent when I realized I spend most of my time in the present and visit past and future only sometimes (instead of the other way around, which is how it was for most of my life).
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya