Discovering that your essence does not age with the form

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Goldenflutist

mental problems above and beyond

Post by Goldenflutist » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Thanks Mikel, I have never heard of this disorder until you pointed it out. I am not sure if this disorder is organic in nature and would require medical intervention to correct it. Since I am not a physician I would rather not comment any further. :) I have not even considered thinking that PON or any of the other books can cure mental illnesses unless the illnesses are self-imposed due to years of unconscious behavior and destructive thought patterns. I guess I would have to see someone like John Nash recover and be fully whole to think it is possible. :idea:
A dog's eyes reflect the innocence and beauty of nature.

mikel

Post by mikel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:53 pm

it would be great if it could be used to that effect perhaps time (which does not exist :) ) will tell...

Goldenflutist

Yes

Post by Goldenflutist » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:14 pm

I agree. I was thinking during my walk with my dog today that ET is almost completely silent on the subject of organic mental illness and whether or not it would be possible to become fully conscious with this limitation. I was listening to Living a Life of Inner Peace today, and he mentioned accepting physical limitations as something that is and allowing it to be part of the greater oneness of the universe. Very profound thinking. I would love to hear about anything Tolle has to say about this. So far the only thing I ran across was in one of his talks an audience member asks about people who are mentally retarded and do they have the opportunity to understand their essence, and his answer was that they do not live in a tortured mind full of never ending thought forms so they are free of the prison of the mind, thus being more conscious than most already. I may not be saying this well. I hope someone else will come to my rescue on this one. :?

GoldenF

Finbarr

Post by Finbarr » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:18 am

Only the negative ego/personality mask ages. Your true nature is eternal, innocent and pure. Age is an ideological currency of this maya-civilization, not reality in the here and now. Atoms don't age and their isn't a cell in our bodies over seven years old. Our negative ego acts like a consciousness cancer and its vile thoughts rot our bodies away into grotesque forms. That dogs form will still be beautiful and fair to the eye when it peacefully draws its last breath many years from now. The dog walks the walk and is the perfect example of Eckharts teachings. Lets follow him! God reversed!

Goldenflutist

Impressive Finbarr

Post by Goldenflutist » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:33 am

Thank you for that beautiful post. I have learned a great deal from this dog of mine, and when he does go, I know his eternal essence will be there in other dogs who managed to stay alive on this planet. I will love it, and continue on my journey allowing him/her to remind me each day how living in the moment has no equal. If that is all I ever retain from Tolle's teaching, it will be enough.

GoldenF

suraj

Post by suraj » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:30 am

Jesus ! See how this conversation has veered.
I don't like medicos :) . They attach a name to every bodily/mental condition and call it a 'disease' and then the 'patients' believe they are sick. The only disease which ET talks about , they haven't been able to name : compulsive thinking.
'Free thouself from this false sense of self and there will be no more disease'
I AM

Goldenflutist

Nice Job

Post by Goldenflutist » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:57 am

Beautifully said. I agree it went off on a wild tangent!

eseward

Post by eseward » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:23 pm

suraj wrote:'Free thouself from this false sense of self and there will be no more disease'
Agree, suraj. Well said.

payal

Post by payal » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:43 pm

hi guys i was thinking that why does one need to have a vision of how you need to look or should look.
Consciousness has no form it is just a feeling

xx

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:20 pm

Consciousness has no form it is just a feeling
What do you mean by this?

payal

Post by payal » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:35 pm

well the fear that is felt when one looks in the mirror, i tend to feel this when i have a certtain expectation or idea in my mind on how i should look.
When i see myself as just space in my mind a lot if the fear seam sto fall away- as then there is no form identity

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:52 pm

So consciousness isn't a feeling after all, but that in which feelings are recognized - yes. Resting in/as consciousness dissolves expectations and the fears associated with those expectations and ideas about how things should be.

Seancho

Post by Seancho » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:53 pm

Yeah, its funny. Depersonalization is all anyone around here talks about. But if you didnt know what it was and you were still attached to the person I can only imagine how scary it might seem. Especially if everyone is telling you you are crazy.

One person's liberation is another person's diagnosis.
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?

ninjin

Post by ninjin » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:36 pm

Theres a huge difference. Those who suffer from depersonalization don't connect with themselves, they don't recognize the image in the mirror as themselves. They don't feel at one with everything.
I recognize the image in the mirror, have no problem with the image but yes the question who is looking do pop up from time to time.