Being grateful...

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
lady_phoenix

Being grateful...

Post by lady_phoenix » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:22 am

Hi. I'm quite new here. I joined this forum last week. I found the book TPON about a month ago and it has helped me get through a time in my life that was going to be devastatingly painful had i not been led to the path of now-here. Reading the posts in this forum has helped me tremendously.

A relationship that has meant the most to me ended over a month ago. I was confused, devastated, shocked and it was during this time that i found the book TPON. I've been on a spiritual quest for a long time now and it was after reading the book that everything finally clicked for the first time.

After knowing about how relationships mirror our own struggles, i looked at my past relationships and indeed there was a pattern. So instead of blaming and hating the people who seem to have done me wrong I chose not to be a victim anymore. I realized that all the while these people were mirroring me back my own feelings of insecurity and unworthiness. Now i am grateful to these people who helped me learn valuable lessons. And so life goes on for me...

lady_phoenix

Lozza

Post by Lozza » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:27 am

Thats the thing about "presence" when you become the watcher you learn a great deal about yourself, it can be both painful and joyful when you have a realization about yourself. I always thought I was hard done by...until I realized I caused it

Larryfroot

Post by Larryfroot » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:42 am

Hallo Lady Pheonix,

Glad you are enjoying the forum.

Congratulations on your insight and obvious relief!

Little I can add to it really, you have said it all! The point where seeking becomes finding...the point at which peace is allowed rather than obsessively searched for. Peace can never be found. the act of searching destroys the very peace we are searching for. Peace is only ever allowed, accepted as a quality of the eternal moment we live in but sometimes are so dead to. May all your awakenings be joyful!
Many a mickle muches a markle.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:39 pm

Welcome lady_phoenix. I am glad you have found the benefit of ET's book, and I am glad you have found the site to be an aid to your own awakening. Look through its many threads, for there is a lot of good stuff here.
Peace can never be found. the act of searching destroys the very peace we are searching for. Peace is only ever allowed, accepted as a quality of the eternal moment we live in but sometimes are so dead to.
Nice said, Larryfroot.

eseward

Re: Being grateful...

Post by eseward » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:48 pm

lady_phoenix wrote:After knowing about how relationships mirror our own struggles, i looked at my past relationships and indeed there was a pattern. So instead of blaming and hating the people who seem to have done me wrong I chose not to be a victim anymore. I realized that all the while these people were mirroring me back my own feelings of insecurity and unworthiness. Now i am grateful to these people who helped me learn valuable lessons. And so life goes on for me...
Beautiful, IMO! :)

eseward

Post by eseward » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:49 pm

Lozza wrote:Thats the thing about "presence" when you become the watcher you learn a great deal about yourself, it can be both painful and joyful when you have a realization about yourself. I always thought I was hard done by...until I realized I caused it
Also beautiful IMO. :)

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:36 am

I am finding a lot of similarity between acceptance and love. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking they are one and the same. :lol:

too haht tzay

the end...?

Post by too haht tzay » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:20 pm

:)

Hi newbie!

I like how Eckhart said, 'welcome all endings.'

He said, 'the deeper the space left behind... the greater the peace.'

:)

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:04 am

Thoreau said: the measure of a man's wealth is the number of things he can let go of.

lady_phoenix

Post by lady_phoenix » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:06 am

Hi all. I appreciate all the responses you posted. Thank you very much.

Eckhart said, "Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to "die before you die" — and find that there is no death."

There were times in my life when literal death seemed sweeter than facing the present. Like when my youngest had meningitis right after he was born. He was then operated on twice because he developed hydrocephalus. We stayed for 2 months in the hospital not knowing whether I will come home with my child alive. I died back then but I still live now. There are moments in life when we just got to die in order to live and realize that the thing we fear the most has really no hold over us. I am grateful for those experiences...

Oh by the way, my son is 4 yrs old now He's doing very well now. He's deaf but very sweet and very smart.

Bless you all.

Lady Phoenix

suraj

Post by suraj » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:14 am

[Eckhart said, "Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to "die before you die" — and find that there is no death."

This is my favourite ET quote. Though I am still to fully grasp its meaning :)
I AM

Ives

Post by Ives » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:38 am

weopposedeception wrote:Thoreau said: the measure of a man's wealth is the number of things he can let go of.
I love this quote!