thoughts

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Sw Anand Devagni.

Post by Sw Anand Devagni. » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:57 pm

I warmly recommend you peruse this:

http://www.tantra.co.nz/ramana/selfinquirie.htm

Daniel

frankybeauty

Post by frankybeauty » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:47 am

thank you every post brought me closer to awareness and realization, i will reread this post often

lucid

Post by lucid » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:05 pm

Sw Anand Devagni. wrote:I warmly recommend you peruse this:

http://www.tantra.co.nz/ramana/selfinquirie.htm

Daniel
Thanks ever so much for this link :D

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:04 pm

Hello lucid. Welcome to the board. Why don't you go to the Introduction page and give us a little background about yourself and let others know you've joined the board.

kiki

yougarksooo

Re: thoughts

Post by yougarksooo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:27 pm

What can you do when your thougts become really destructive? I mean they are jusr so painful and they hurt. When im inside my body they do slow down but a part of me keeps wandering when they will change and be more positive or just more friendly-I keep telling myself that i am not my thougths but at times it just doesn't help. i cant help but to be identified with them and they cause so much suffering. What can i do?
I too have had thoughts that something needs "to change" and I see that this thought is yet another thought, and nothing else. The thought that something needs to change is no more closer to the truth than any other thought. Watching thoughts and emotions as they arise brings forth a new intelligence, something brand new, which thought cannot touch. My thoughts are fragments. They can only see and interpret a tiny bit of the whole. Think about pancakes for a second....

Do you see how you could only think about pancakes, that there was no room for anything else? Thought is very fragmented, limited. So how can I understand the whole by concentrating only on the little bits, the little thoughts. Watching allows awareness to see the whole movement of self in me.

So there is form---words which describe who I think I am or what this is all about

And there is formlessness----space, awareness.

I could say that I'm this whole thing that is form and formlessness combined (this One Life) and still I'm not truly that. Or better yet, I cannot know that with a certainty. That may or may not be closer to who I really am. I'm a mystery. There is no separate self here when I look inside. But I don't make that into a religion. I don't know any of this to be true. I don't know, and that is the wisest thing I can say, and that is also when the fun begins. It's an opening into life as a freefalling, loving experience that can't be named with any certainty. Can you THINK of anything more beautiful than that? I can't. :D
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:36 am

Thanks everyone for the great posts. The mind masquerades as the witness as soon as it says "I know". Nisargadatta says "anything perceiveable cannot be me or mine". The real Self cannot be defined but don't go looking for it, you are already it.

thoughtz

Post by thoughtz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:13 pm

I think Krishnamurti means when he says "the observer is the observed" that what ever we observe is only a reflection back to us what we are because all we see is our projections. No two of us see exactly the same color green.
As Ram Dass would say, when you realize who you are, all you see is God".
Thoughtz