Doing

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Imaike

Doing

Post by Imaike » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:27 pm

Have you noticed that you do things?

Have you noticed that you do things in order for other things to happen?

For example I cleaned my kitchen so that I can fill it with healthier food.

But, wait a sec. That implies future. I cleaned my kitchen (past) in order to (believing that what I do causes something to happen) have a clean kitchen (judgment call) for healthier (judgment) food, to live a healthier life (future).

Isn't that weird?

payal

doing

Post by payal » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:07 pm

yeah i know what u mean, im studying right now for an exam tomoro- so that really is the goal, the exam- some future event. But being aware of that, im still keeing my focus here- like instead of studying because i have an exam, im studying because of the enjoyment of it, at this moment! This way im staying here.
Its strange how i was actually thinking the same thing earlier- but as soon as htat kinda thinking starts- i know i have to bring in more presence :D

Hp u had fun cleaning cleaning kitchen

Payal

Seancho

Post by Seancho » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:31 pm

Life is full of things to do. Goals, challanges. maybe the question is, is the goal more important than the process of getting there?

If you are waiting for the achievement of a goal to relax and be happy, then you may be waiting a long time, because there are always more goals.

The mind is a problem solving machine. And it can be fun to solve problems. But if you forget to enjoy yourself along the way, and you identify with your clever problem-solving, goal-achieving mind....

life will always be a problem.
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?

heidi

Post by heidi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:53 pm

Being present, losing the little self, in the doing is the divinity of being. :)
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
Goethe
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave