EGO driven PRESENCE

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
frankybeauty

EGO driven PRESENCE

Post by frankybeauty » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:13 am

I am an actress. Since I have opened up to ET way of staying present I have gotten better responses from casting directors. I find myself thinking that if I want to book a job I have to be present and in the now.

But here is the issue, I am motivated by the attaining something to stay present. I think the EGO is using Presence to attain recognition through booking a job and receiving acknowledgement from booking the job.

I appreciate your pointers.[/img]

Tenderhearted Warrior

Post by Tenderhearted Warrior » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:43 pm

I think it is good to remember that in all recognition and success there is presence. Presence is always here and now... in success and failure. You cannot use presence to attain anything. That is an ego fabrication... the ego can get afraid about anything because fear itself strengthens the ego. The ego loves fear because that brings it home to matter. The ego is a material identity. I hope you do well in your future castings!

kiki

Post by kiki » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:18 pm

Tenderhearted Warrior wrote:You cannot use presence to attain anything. That is an ego fabrication... the ego can get afraid about anything because fear itself strengthens the ego. The ego loves fear because that brings it home to matter. The ego is a material identity.
Nice response, and welcome to the board, Tenderhearted Warrior. Be present and accept whatever happens without attachment or resistance and there can be no "using" presence.

kiki

frankybeauty

Post by frankybeauty » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:07 pm

thank you, I guess I realized that I was EXPECTING a RESULT through PRESENCE.

D'ray

Post by D'ray » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:00 pm

frankybeauty wrote:thank you, I guess I realized that I was EXPECTING a RESULT through PRESENCE.
oh man, that was something. I always learn something by reading other people's posts.

Ego is sneaky, it always come back. "The presence is this super state, where I get RESULTS." Partly true perhaps...

Seancho

Post by Seancho » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:41 pm

Yeah, aint it funny?

Every time you discover the power of presence, the ego jumps in and not only takes credit for it, but exclaims,

"Oh wow!! I can USE this! Presence is just what I need to solve all my problems! Look at me now, with all of my presence. think what Ill be able to do!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course you are no longer present. You have magically transported yourself into an imaginary future. Fantasizing about what presence will get you. Silly you, following the ego. Until the next time you remember presence.

So how about this? What if you were offered this part: an actor constantly tricked by the ego into trying to use presence to get to the future? Could you play that role? Could you do all the silly things that the character would do? All the mannerisms, the anxiety, the confusion, the pride? Take pleasure in using all of your acting skill to embody that ego/character? Be joyfully immersed in playing the part of yourself?

When you remember that 'all the world's a stage' you can be 'fake,' an ego, and be yourself at the same time.

Act consciously and you are always in the moment. The ego is just the character you are playing. Enjoy playing it!
If you stop believing in fear, is it still scary?

summer

Post by summer » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:12 am

I love the freshness in your posts, Seancho, :)
Act consciously and you are always in the moment. The ego is just the character you are playing. Enjoy playing it!

It is so easy to think that once I become TOTALLY present, there will be no more ego at all. No more suffering, no more delusion, no more pain, no more problems.

Constant and eternal Bliss :lol: