All effort is useless

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
astaroth

All effort is useless

Post by astaroth » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:15 pm

Hello all!

As the light in me begins to shine, I again wanted to share something with all of you who are new to all this stuff and still "don't get it". I'm experiencing something brand new and yet so familiar that you have never noticed it.

All effort is useless, all the questions, all try to understand.

Just become silent for only a little second, once in your life. Forget everything you know or what you belief to be. Forget all the questions, only for a little second. If you have understood one very easy thing - your true nature - all questions vanish and become the same. You will know what they meant when they called it "awakening" :lol:
See everything inside. Be the seeing in which everything happens. See the room you are in, hear the silence and see also your returning thoughts, this entity we believed so long to be "the last point about what we are". See the world you see. See you are nothing inside this world. You are this world.

You will know when you have understood this, maybe only for a little second. One the foot is in the door it is not so easy to get out again. :lol:

Until this moment all the how-to is useless, as I have seen in my experience.

I haven't found enlightenment :lol: but I'm slowly getting sick of all the questioning and mental working-out. Still confused but becoming a player in a game :lol:

blessings,
astaroth
...you might remember me from such educational films as "Zen for couch-potatoes - The wisdom of never doing anything" or "Buddha from da hood - Was he a brother?"

Webwanderer

Re: All effort is useless

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:53 am

My congratulations astaroth, on your dawning clarity. You expressed it beautifully. :D

Out of My Mind

Post by Out of My Mind » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:58 pm

astaroth wrote:See the world you see. See you are nothing inside this world. You are this world.
I'm going to have problems with words here, I just know it. However... There have been a few instances in my life, the longest lasting 3 continuous weeks, where I have resided chiefly in the Now. During this time, I don't recall seeing what I would normally consider ugliness in the world. I was either at utter peace or in bliss. There is some residue of my "you are this world" experience: I recall how breathtakingly beautiful everything occurred to be. Odd, isn't it, considering the ugliness in everyday life (headline news). When I am the world, everything is beautiful. :lol:

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:12 pm

Out of My Mind wrote:Odd, isn't it, considering the ugliness in everyday life (headline news). When I am the world, everything is beautiful. :lol:
I think it safe to say that if one is seeing ugliness, one is seeing the world through judgment and ego. How cool it is to recognize this however, seeing ugliness is a great signal that one is not seeing clearly.