Finally some understanding

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
seekerjon

Finally some understanding

Post by seekerjon » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:55 am

So after months and months and months of practicing to stay present and reading ET's PON over and over again and perusing some f his other books at bookstores. I think I finally understand what he meant when he tells people to "feel their problem." I was at Borders tonight, yes I am a book junkie and was reading bits and pieces of Tolles new book and I felt confused and down again, because the mind or ego was telling me I am not doing this right, I will never be at peace and many of other wonderful stories it was throwing at me.

So then I just decided to feel this and luckily for me since my depression and anxiety it seems my face is very sensitive to feelings, I noticed all this pain in my face such as tension, anger and so on and just focused on this and after about half hour I realized whats the big deal and all the thoughts and stories running through my head just kind of dissolved. I must say since I started this, I have learned to become more appreciative towards all the sensations and pain in my body that my anxiety and depression brought. Before I used to run from these physical pains but now I welcome them, because feeling them makes it easy to stay present.

Onceler

Re: Finally some understanding

Post by Onceler » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:53 pm

I have had a similar experience with emotional pain. The more you run the worse it is?

Since I have been better able to feel it, pain (including physical pain) has been minimized.

Careful, though. When this happens I can sometimes feel "spiritual". That can be worse than pain, in my humble (spiritual) opinion.
Be present, be pleasant.

astaroth

Re: Finally some understanding

Post by astaroth » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:27 pm

Yes, to me it's also mainly the face :wink:

It was one of the most significant experiences when I about a month or two ago decided just to feel this tension in my face and just don't believe any kind of thought. This "moving tense" gives life some more life :lol: if you know what I mean.

Since then I also welcome these feelings in my face because then you have somthing to focus on which takes the focus away from the mind into the body.

blessings
astaroth
...you might remember me from such educational films as "Zen for couch-potatoes - The wisdom of never doing anything" or "Buddha from da hood - Was he a brother?"