Welcome to life

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Welcome to life

Postby onelovecandy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:34 pm

Hello community,

The story of me is 42 years old. It seems as if life has been leading me to Eckhart all along. By the time I first downloaded his book 4 or 5 months ago, I immediately got it. I was so ready to let go, I was ready for the solution.

In the past everytime I thought I had found 'it', somehow I was right back where I started. I have been depressed, suicidal, unhappy, you name it. I was starting to feel like that would always be my story and the earth would never be the place for me.

Amazingly I have gone from despair to elation. From hopeless to carefree. From worrying to lack of concern for tomorrow. Living in the now is the place from me. The hardest part has been wishing this had happened sooner (but I know that everything absolutely happens at the right time) The other hard part has been not turning into a preacher about The Power of Now. For the first time I understand why Jehovahs Witnesses knock on your door. When you think you have the answer, its hard to keep your hand down.

I have been able to look at someone going through intense suffering and know that it IS for the best and that it will be okay. On some of the post here I can see people still on their journey and not quite there yet (and which one of us every truly is) I have been able to be grateful for every seemingly awful, degrading, humiliating, depressing situation I ever found myself in. They have all led me today. What a great place to be!

By living in the now, I have been able to change everything around me by doing absolutely nothing! I had gone to see a therapist once who actually had me sign a document promising not to kill myself without first seeking help. I was able to let her know that everything was fine. That absolutely NOTHING had changed around me but I had changed within and that was more than enough.

My greatest teacher, the man that had been previously torturing 'me' no longer wants to be around. Amazing! My job no longer brings me grief. My long commute is now a pleasure. I could go on and on and on. For all those still struggling, there is help on the way. It will fall into place if you want it badly enough. I did. The world had become a friendly place for the first time in my life.

Welcome to life.

One Love.
Stay in the light.
onelovecandy

Postby heidi » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:05 am

And welcome here, onelove! :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby spatialbean » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:24 am

Welcome!

(mmmmm...candy)

Love,
Claudia
spatialbean

Postby JedEye » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:50 am

sweet :D
no more words
JedEye

Postby kiki » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:22 am

Welcome onelovecandy.

onelovecandy wrote:I immediately got it. I was so ready to let go, I was ready for the solution.

That's great! There is a saying, "When the student is ready the teacher will come." Your "teacher" was your suffering and ET was the catalyst which brought you face to face with your teacher in a meaningful way.

onelovecandy wrote:In the past everytime I thought I had found 'it', somehow I was right back where I started

Right; whenever we "think" we have it we will lose it. "It" is beyond thinking, therefore there is no need to think at all in order to get "it" because we ARE it.

The hardest part has been wishing this had happened sooner

That's just another one of ego's strategies to get back control. Sounds like you aren't being fooled anymore.

By living in the now, I have been able to change everything around me by doing absolutely nothing!

The "now" is all there is, and you have discovered this. Nothing has actually "changed" except that the "me" that was suffering has been seen through as illusory. Without the illusion of "me" there can be no suffering. You are right - absolutely nothing has to be done.

Great post.

kiki
kiki

thank you

Postby onelovecandy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:03 am

Thank you all for the welcome.

I am just happy to be the company of people of like 'mind'

One thing I forgot to mention is how much I am at Peace. Well 99% of the time at any rate. Still working on the other 1%
Stay in the light.
onelovecandy

Postby L. Bryson » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:54 pm

Hello candy,

Yes, you are on the path!
All the pop physcology terms, " co- dependancy, mid-life crisis, so forth and so on... ) are really masks for everyone's spiritual awakenings.

I launched like the scud missle at 40.
6 yrs. later I am truly grateful and ecstatic for all that seemed so diffecult.

Would'nt go back to the " duh " for anything!

Welcome....

Peace, L.
L. Bryson
L. Bryson

Postby Forrest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:54 am

Oh good. 99% is quite something!

I think we all feel "god why did it take me so long? My life would be so unbelievable now if I had figured this out when I was 2!" at times.

I also sometimes feel a sort of jealousy when I read about someone who had an instantaneous shift as opposed to gradual.

After much trial and error, and going seriously astray trying to reach a particular state, I realized that it always comes back to finding just the right mix of attention and affection/compassion. then it all happens very nicely.
Forrest

Return to Personal Experiences