The Silence Within

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

The Silence Within

Postby erict » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:13 pm

I think I may have mentioned that reading The Power Of Now greatly affected my awareness of what is going on inside of me, but that I never actually had the experience of being present.

Well, yesterday, after I turned off the PC and was just about to go to sleep I suddenly noticed that my mind is still. There are no thoughts. I walked around a little, preparing to go to sleep, and all the while I was aware that something inside of me is so very different from my normal states, from any states that I've ever experienced. There was just this stillness and peace inside, and my consciousness was clear of thoughts. Okay, it's not quite precise to say that there were no thoughts at all. Every once in a while something would arise, but unlike in my normal state, these thoughts that came up... I experienced them as though they were at the very periphery of my consciousness, and just as soon as a thought would arise it would fade away. I could not even make out the content of most of them. Normally thoughts come with a certain force that grabs my attention and forces me to look at them. But then, like never before, the few thoughts that did arise had no force behind them at all, and they would instantly melt away into the silence inside me. I felt so wonderful and peaceful.

Now I am left wondering what caused me to enter this state, because I wasn’t trying to do anything. I wasn’t even trying to quiet my mind as I sometimes do. It was suddenly just silent all by itself, and I felt so good inside.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby heidi » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:19 pm

:)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby heidi » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:36 pm

Ha ha, I can't decide to post this reply here or add it to my paradox topic. Isn't it funny that peace comes from no-mind - mindless-ness? Or no mind - thoughtlessness? But those terms, due to ego methods of conflict-making and judgement, have been rendered negative. "How thoughtless of you!"

I need to practice more mindless thoughtlessness!

Hmmmm :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby kiki » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:03 pm

erict wrote: 'Now I am left wondering what caused me to enter this state, because I wasn’t trying to do anything. I wasn’t even trying to quiet my mind as I sometimes do. It was suddenly just silent all by itself, and I felt so good inside.'

What caused this state? Nothing caused it - you are that state. There is no 'cause' to what you are. What happened was that all forms of 'doing' stopped, and when that happens you as awareness become obvious - You shine forth unobscured. That's why it is often said that you don't have to do anything to awaken.

When there is recognition of all 'doing' then doing can be dropped and You as awareness remain. Doing is of the ego; this recognition of doing is done by awareness itself. Simply notice 'doings' as they arise and then they can be dropped.

kiki
kiki

Postby gina » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:01 pm

Last edited by gina on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
gina

Postby phil » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:37 pm

kiki wrote: What happened was that all forms of 'doing' stopped,

Perhaps he's asking, why did doing stop.

Why now, instead of 3 weeks ago etc.
phil

Postby gina » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:42 pm

Last edited by gina on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
gina

Postby kiwijohn » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:51 am

Bring it on !
kiwijohn

Postby gina » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:19 pm

Last edited by gina on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
gina

Return to Personal Experiences