No energy, no vitality

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Gabriel

No energy, no vitality

Post by Gabriel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I want to share a part of my lifetime. I readed all books of Eckhart Tolle and presence seem to grown little by little...

Yesterday, i took drug because of 2 thing. I had enough with this lack of energy and all theses tenses in my back and all my ''problems'' that i know they are not real but i coulnt accept it enough. Second i took drug to feel this energy of been awake and fully present again like i did feel before. Like ET's said, when u take drug, u fly and to return the floor. When i had my ''hi'', i feeled everything extraordinary. I seen the light of the sun like it was the first time and my relationship was based on beeing. I was a really nice sensation of been alive and present.

When the flight go on the floor, like this morning, i telled to myselft : oK, ur not on drug anymore try to remind what u feel yesterday, try to remind that every problem is an illusion and the present moment is a door to freedom. Well, it work for some little time but i can't.... It's like i have no energy at all. I try so much to be here and now but i can't stay present... It's like i cant be present enough deeply to be energise by the life.

It's like all this suffering have no end...
ANd how you know that u make suffering in the now, or it's the past suffering who is alive??

Thx for comment and tell me what u think.
And i know my english is not perfect!

Gabreil

Joy

Re: No energy, no vitality

Post by Joy » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:07 pm

If the lack of energy is a physical symptom or side effect, then it will take some time for your body to balance itself out. It will though, if you focus on being present much of the time.

I used to suffer from fatigue. It was pretty bad actually... I thought I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or a sleeping disorder or something. Generally speaking I think that low energy is caused by internal conflict. In time this can lead to physical diseases, syndromes, and disorders as well.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:18 pm

What are you doing to not be "present"? When you recognize those things as they arise then you have a choice to continue doing them or to stop. That being said, even while feeling "no energy, no vitality" you can be present. Be fully attentive to the lack of energy or vitality; be fully accepting of that circumstance and presence will be realized.

Keep in mind that with anything in manifestation there will be fluctuations within it, and since the body is part of manifestation it is subject to all manner of fluctuations of energy levels. "You" on the other hand, are not subject to any sort of change. By remaining aware of your essence you can experience how the body changes without the loss of peace and stillness.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Thx Joy and kiki for your answer.

well Kiki, what I do to not be present. hummm. well i do nothing, it's like unconscious seen to appear so quickly with thought and emotions. Even when i say, ''Ok, i 'll observe everything appear in my conscioussness and i will not lose my self'' even when i say that and try, i finally lose my self again and again.

I feel the true in what u said.''Be fully attentive to the lack of energy or vitality; be fully accepting of that circumstance and presence will be realized.'' But it is so unconfortable and i feel no motivation to do nothing. all my motivation to do the basic thing like finding appartement, job etc... seen to dissapear.

what you mean by saying, '' When you recognize those things as they arise then you have a choice to continue doing them or to stop.''

Thx

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:08 pm

what I do to not be present. hummm. well i do nothing, it's like unconscious seen to appear so quickly with thought and emotions. Even when i say, ''Ok, i 'll observe everything appear in my conscioussness and i will not lose my self'' even when i say that and try, i finally lose my self again and again.
Think of getting "lost" frequently in mind and emotion as increased opportunity to awaken out of being lost. In other words, there is no failure because each time you "lose presence" there is an inherent invitation within that loss to awaken again. Also, be gentle with yourself for any perceived failures. It's taken some time to get conditioned the way you are so you can't expect to just "snap out of it". There will be the appearance of what seems to be "gains and losses", and there will seem to be "fits and starts" in your awakening as you become more firmly established in presence. But whatever happens is how it is for you, and it's the right way for you. How do I know this? Because that is what's happening. Later it will dawn on you that everything that happened was exactly how it had to be.
I feel the true in what u said.''Be fully attentive to the lack of energy or vitality; be fully accepting of that circumstance and presence will be realized.'' But it is so unconfortable and i feel no motivation to do nothing. all my motivation to do the basic thing like finding appartement, job etc... seen to dissapear.
Rather than label those feelings "uncomfortable" just feel those feelings. Right now you are under the illusion that you shouldn't ever feel uncomfortable. Well, the fact remains that you do feel that way sometimes, so by all means just feel it, but do so without resistance. That "uncomfortable" feeling is just a certain play of energy when looked at objectively. It's when the mind comes in and labels it and then the ego wants to get rid of it that it becomes "problematic" because they are then viewed through the lens of a "subject", the ego/mind. Without the ego or mind getting in the way they are simply physical sensations, so just feel them. This gives them "permission" to be here so that they have the chance to dissipate their energetic charge. If, however, you tack on a story about them and resist them they will remained locked within the body.

As for being motivated to finding an apartment or a job, that will happen when it's absolutely necessary for it to happen. But there is no reason not to remain present even while doing those sorts of things.
what you mean by saying, '' When you recognize those things as they arise then you have a choice to continue doing them or to stop.''
What recognizes those things is something beyond those things - awareness, and awareness is what you are. If in a certain moment awareness recognizes a mental viewpoint has appeared that viewpoint has been exposed to the light of consciousness and it is no longer a viewpoint that is automatically accepted as "true". Instead, it is just seen for what it is, a viewpoint of the egoic identity. In a sense, there is a kind of "standing back" from the viewpoint so that instead of following the usual course of condtioned reaction there can be a stepping away from that reaction. In other words there is a choice being presented to you - to follow the viewpoint or to simply let the viewpoint dissolve into what it arose out of, awareness/You.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:28 pm

wow,

I can just say thx. :)