Kundalini experience with PON

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Kundalini experience with PON

Postby moonmissy » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:05 pm

I had my kundalini rise after practicing PON two years ago....it's still going.
Everytime I sit and meditate, my whole body shakes or when I'm going about my day, everytime I go into being, I can feel massive energy rush to my head up my spine. Sometimes the energy rushes like a tidal wave, so strong a push that it makes me feel dizzy and light headed. Does anyone have similar experience?
Before and after there exist not one
Why attachments?
moonmissy

Re: Kundalini experience with PON: POSITIVE

Postby space » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi moonmissy,

I may have the same experience. Here's what I feel:

I'm not sure what do you mean by kundalini, but I have the same energetic rush experiences for about 15 years now. It has started while praying. I wasn't sure whether it was something good or evil so I was cautious.

I can evoke it effortlessly anytime. A few seconds of concentration is enough. Closing my eyes makes it easier to occur. I think it happens automatically, whenever I am spiritual or entering "the now". Often it is the cause of exiting "the now" too :) My mind is faithfully trying to find a great use out of it :)
Although similar, it doesn't feel the same every time. The strength and nature is slightly different every time. I can bring a distant resemblance with the bubbles of soda when being poured. When I try to evoke it successively, the first 2-3 waves get stronger then it becomes weaker. I have never tried to use it excessively.

I can't explain it well. It starts somewhere below my brain and upper back and spreads to my elbows and below to lower back. I can move it to other parts of my body but that requires some effort and it is not possible every time. I was very curious to know what is that, no one around seemed to know the answer. I was "thinking" that it might be a very useful energy. But I couldn't find a way to utilize it. I was concerned because it might be harmful as well, so I didn't try to experiment on it.

Recently I read a description similar to it in "Practical Vipassana Exercises" by Mahasi Sayadaw, where (I do not recall it exactly) it was explained to be something normal caused by excitement. Since, I am trying not to pay any attention to it anymore. Only when sometimes it arises automatically I have a natural feeling of letting it to happen. A subtle nice feeling arises after it.

I have just read about kundalini in wikipedia. It seems to be something similar but different. It supposed to arise from the base of the spine, where in my experience it is arising from the upper spine (Vishuddha chakra?) I have no knowledge about chakras, but this seems to me to be related to them.

Frankly, I have the feeling that it is something positive, but nothing special.

I hope to hear more about your experience.
space

Re: Kundalini experience with PON

Postby moonmissy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:15 am

I had a little bit of a rising when I was 15 and did meditation regularly. It caused my arms and head to move by itself without my efforts or assistance. I was scared then and stopped meditating. Off and on I would feel like hot flashes and had insomnia at night because of it. I thought it was Pre-menstrual symptoms for a long time. It bothered me quite a bit, since I sweat profusely often and had insomnia. I guess I was fighting with it.

In the last two years, I had it massively rise and the force was much more powerful since I knew about PON and started to meditate regularly. I realized latter that because the energy couldn't escape when I focus my attention into my body and not on pushing my awareness outside around me. The more I am able to pratice my awareness and become aware of my surrounding (as well as my thoughts and body at the same time) the more powerful the energy became. Sometimes I felt like burning hot, a hot energy rise from the base of my spine towards my head like a tidal wave.

Listening to Mr. Tolle I just surrender to it and observe it. I realized that it was that energy that was responsible for all my heightened state of bliss and joy since when it rises to the top of my skull I experience similiar experiences as described in my other post "Nirvana/heaven is here now". I also find that I can channel it to my palm and place it on another person to help them with their aches and pains (but I don't do it often since my body gets really hot afterwards and I have to sit and meditate for while to release the heat).

When the energy is concentrated between my eye brows I had experiences of pre-cognition (described in another post of mine).

I asked my Zen master he said it's normal for meditators, just ignore it and it goes away after a while. I asked him how long and he said it depends on the person, and it is different for everyone.

I done a lot of research on it and found that in India they called it Kundalini, in Buddhist traditions they call it Tummo fire, in Christian circles they call it the Holy Spirit and in China they call it Qi. But the manifestation is the same.

Sometimes it causes me aches and pains, but when I meditate more and surrender it goes away. What I learned from it is that there is nothing you can do but surrender to it. It also forces me to be in the now more often since when I work and use my mind often at work to think it causes me headache, chills and hot flashes.

In my experience, it can be a blessing for someone who knows how to surrender and a source of pain for someone who fights against it or try to control it.

It had spread from my spine to my head, to my arms and my legs sometimes. It also caused me to be quite stiff in the morning when I wake up, sometimes I feel like being paralyzed and couldn't move in the morning for a while. Surrendering and going into being before I get off the bed helps.

I do not know all of the uses of it, but I do know that it is something latent in everyone and supposedly responsible for physiological changes in your brain. After some research I found that it changes the chemical composition of your brain and causes your brain to evolve, increasing gamma waves in your frontal lobes.

I found that it is also responsible for the light I seen when meditating. Sometimes it is so bright that I opened my eyes and can only see light. Sometimes after it reaches my head, my whole body feels light and blissful, as if I am floating.

One time I was doing some walking meditation and I found that my legs just walked faster and faster until I was running, but I felt as if I feet wasn't really touching the ground like I was floating. At that time I was breathing normally and didn't feel tired. It was a strange experience.

That is the extent of my research and experience. I don't know if anyone exprienced anything else different with this, but being in the now kind of increase the movement of it. The more I meditate and be in the now the less problems of heat and chills I have with it.
Why attachments?
moonmissy

Postby innerhike » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:46 pm

Dear moonmissy:

In my experience, it can be a blessing for someone who knows how to surrender and a source of pain for someone who fights against it or try to control it.

Your words above indicate to me that you are protected and on the right path.

Usually in eastern traditions you have a guru or teacher who has gone through all of the phases that the student is experiencing so they can guide you quite well.

Here in the west since the 60s there have been people who have had "mishaps" with kundalini experiences. You can google this.

The key is to keep letting go.

The Shakti or Force that is your true nature is now trying to come through all of your blocked channels and as it does this, it will encounter resistance from your egoic system and that leads to pain.

The key is to keep surrendering. I would change nothing in what you have described. Keep opening to Love, to Peace, to Joy more and more.

I have had various kundalini experiences over the years. The key is to not get stuck or to make a big deal out of them. It is a natural process. The river floods when it receives a lot of rain, the flood waters recede at some point as they make their way to the ocean. What is left is silt, quite productive soil for crops. The river's destiny is to empty into the ocean, and if there are blocks, obstacles, the water or Force will come through and clean up those obstacles.

Don't take any of this personally. Don't take anything personally, if possible. :-)
innerhike

Postby space » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:26 am

I bow to both of you with joy and love.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. They helped me to enjoy the fact that we are in the same river and we are the river :)

I have experienced both the excitement and cautiousness regarding this energy rush, which seems to be similar to the kundalini. I didn't know about the mishaps but was sure that if used wrongly it might cause harm. I can't tell how the feeling of cautiousness was, but now when I'm trying to explain it I can say that deep within me the need to use the energy was lacking, hence there was an awareness of no reason to risk especially when the ego was excited :)

However, in the case of having a guru beside, I think the case might be different. As is the case for any spiritual teaching, some of us will naturally benefit from the experienced ones to speed-up our evolution, while others (being deluded by the ego) will try to become "as good as a guru" and lose the connectedness with the Source. This "egoic" spiritual practice might be dangerous. In those cases, Surrender will be absent and the noise of "rights and wrongs" will be audible.

Returning to the kundalini, how do I perceive it then?
I feel it to be just another part of the whole me, which I can enjoy, at least because it is providing an instant presence feeling and bringing an awareness of a subtle loving peace.

What am I going to do with it?
Surrender, watch, and enjoy.
I am :D , while my ego is trying to survive the light by becoming enlightened
space

Postby boogeyman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:27 pm

I think I've experienced this inderictly.

One night I was outside stargazing with my new telescope, and I started to have
this hot sensation in my lower back, and this airy wierd feeling through out my body.
I've read about kundalini and have had some minor kundalini experiences before, so I knew what was happening.
I didn't really pay much attention to it first, but eventually couldn't ignore it as it became more intense and tried to relax and give into it.

After an hour or so I went inside and I see my wife listening to Tolle's audiobook.
She immideatly starts explaining how she now for the first time "got" what Tolle was talking about and
how the teachings made sense to her now. I had introduced her to Tolle's teaching before, but
she always seemed abit confused what it was he was talking about.

Me and my wife have been together for oven 10 years so I think there a strong connection between us.
Maybe her small "awakening" caused my kundalini experience....
boogeyman

Postby moonmissy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:39 am

Boogeyman,

Your wife's understanding of Tolle does not trigger your Kundalini experience. It's more likely that while you are stargazing, for a brief while you were immersed in the awesomness expand of the universe and your awareness is heightened becoming aware of the big "I AM" than the "little me".

People often have these experiences while they are in nature or when they were young, but the mind dismisses it and they have very little collection of it, since awareness is not practiced often. I had similar experiences when I was a child going camping with the Girl Guides, laying on the ground looking at the sky full of stars in the sky and opened to the awesome expands of the universe. Then you suddenly saw you're self (the little me) as being very insignificant and feel like you're connected with everything.

That's why I love being in nature so much. Actually, our daily living is also nature....but we don't accept it, because our minds labels it as man-made. The truth is ....man is a part of nature, we are created by nature so everything we create is from nature itself. Just as everything in nature is just what it is....not good, not evil...it just is. The dance of form. We just tend to label things and attributed too much credit to our "little me" and torture ourselves for its existence...but even the ego is a part of the wholeness of what is...it's just a kid just needs to be put in it's place and let the mother (awareness) come forward in the household of human reality.
moonmissy

Postby N64 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Ok, I don't know what I have can be considered as kundalini experiences or not, but after a certain time of being aware of the present I have these aches in the jaw and under eye, as well as mild headaches. It's not that they're extremely powerful, but they're there.
N64

Postby Tzidaos » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:09 pm

Hi,

Yesterday, I sat and entered into Being, listening Tolle, it was more and more bright, and I had a rush of energy, fiery, in the half portion (to sacrum to hearth center) of the spine. It stopped there. I also had a rush, in the front part of my body, that stop under my heart (chakra), it really burned me.
So, I suppose that was Shakti/Kundalini rising, attracted by the light of Presence.

Tzidaos
There is only Life.
Tzidaos

Postby moonmissy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:31 am

Hi Tzidaos,

That sounds like a kundalini rising...the more you are in the now, the stronger it rises...sometimes my whole body shakes and convulse. Do not be alarmed if this happens, just observe and let it be.
Why attachments?
moonmissy

Postby khatkhaohon » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi me too.

One years ago, on day when i was practising vipassana, my whole body began to shakes. It happened for about one day. My body tremendous shakes, my hands, my led, it like when someone use heroin, but i was still very aware what happening, it like the higher energy through me ...

Now whenever i'm aware of my body, my hand or my thoughts, whenever i'm in Now, i can feel the strongly energy within. I see it as a sign of Now, to tell me i'm still alive, to pay attention to this moment.

Sorry of my English :D
khatkhaohon

Postby Sighclone » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:28 am

Welcome to the forum, khatkhaohon. We appreciate your joining and working on your English. It is not necessary to be perfect, but please keep working.

I have had similar experiences and agree that the Inner Body energy is strong and vibrant.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby jaypantera » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:17 am

It's like i hear myself! This is exactly what I'm on now :)
jaypantera

Return to Personal Experiences