anyone else experience an "echo" of thought?

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Tony-S-Ma

Re: anyone else experience an "echo" of thought?

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:35 pm

Premiumphoto,

Thanks for sharing Awareness teaching in Christian forms. In this age of logic and reason, many forms of Christian teachings seem to have lost their usefulness. Still, the new testament without Revelation part is divine.

Revelation is extremely negative, and it is truly worse than crap which is more positive than what have revealed in Revelation.

premiumphoto

awareness

Post by premiumphoto » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:19 pm

I have no objection to following the path in a Christian context. For me, the Christian pointers were so misapplied and mis-defined for so long that they lost their ability to "point" correctly. We need to experiece the truth of what we believe. Otherwise, we are simply trying to figure out which spiritual opinion is the correct one. Even the Buddha said we should not simply "take his word for it." I shared with my friend that in all of my searching within several different Christian traditions, I never had a direct experience of "Jesus" as a person. I experienced the "annointing" as Benny Hinn puts it (Holy Ghost goosebumps), and that was defined for me as Jesus. Yet, I have had the same strong peaceful energy field present while I was meditating with a figure of the Buddha. I equated not "feeling" God's presence as his being angry with me, and thus, could never enter into presence and grow spiritually. I think Christianity of all stripes would be transformed if they would preach that God does not run away from you and become angry when you make mistakes only to return after you "repent."

Tony-S-Ma

Re: awareness

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:47 pm

premiumphoto wrote:I have no objection to following the path in a Christian context. For me, the Christian pointers were so misapplied and mis-defined for so long that they lost their ability to "point" correctly. We need to experiece the truth of what we believe. Otherwise, we are simply trying to figure out which spiritual opinion is the correct one. Even the Buddha said we should not simply "take his word for it." I shared with my friend that in all of my searching within several different Christian traditions, I never had a direct experience of "Jesus" as a person. I experienced the "annointing" as Benny Hinn puts it (Holy Ghost goosebumps), and that was defined for me as Jesus. Yet, I have had the same strong peaceful energy field present while I was meditating with a figure of the Buddha. I equated not "feeling" God's presence as his being angry with me, and thus, could never enter into presence and grow spiritually. I think Christianity of all stripes would be transformed if they would preach that God does not run away from you and become angry when you make mistakes only to return after you "repent."
I was baptized as an LDS (Mormon). I experienced what you mean by Jesus (Holy Ghost goosebumps, and etc.). I rather call it the field effect of Christ's Love. Jesus is a manifestation of that energy field.

spikyface

Post by spikyface » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:45 am

An enlightening thread (if you'll pardon the pun)

His everyday epiphanies are remarkably similar to my own; it was whilst I was waiting in airport lounge for a friend to arrive that it finally clicked what enlightenment is; seeing without judging

As an amusing side-effect, waiting rooms are now where I'm most intensely present (providing I don't have a book or something else to do)

Trying to explain this to my friends/relatives has proven to be almost completely fruitless, very few of them have any real interest and in some cases they will argue relentlessly to try to prove I'm wrong. Typically this means their sense of self is threatened; changing the subject usually works to avoid a fruitless fight

I was wondering how premiumphoto is doing now, so many months after his awakening experience?
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:29 am

spiky -

Send premiumphoto a pm to find out how he is doing if you like.

Explaining nonduality to most folks is painfully ineffective. Here is how I do it: I'll be in a conversation with someone and the topic of spitiuality comes up (almost never brought up by me) or an opportunity arises in some other context like psychotherapy or a discussion of mental illness, etc.

I'll say: "I'd like to make a comment on this. It may sound bizarre, egoic or threatening or just stupid. That's fine. It is the last time I will mention it unless asked, by the way." The I go on to explain my understandings, however they come out, of nonduality and my experiences with it, being as clear and modest as I can, and careful not to sound preachy even if I'm completely excited about it. Then I just shut up. I do not argue, but rather say things like: "I hear your point, but my experience has been different...(then do not defend or even explain much)." And be sure to change the subject if the quality and tone of the conversation deteriorates.

I used to kind of babble away, particularly after my big kensho. That simply did not work very well...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

spikyface

Post by spikyface » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:24 pm

I think everyone babbles after their kensho, it's only natural to want to share such a wonderful experience

Already pm'ed premiumphoto, perhaps he'll reply one day (or night)
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within