Expansion

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Expansion

Postby MatthewCromer » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:49 am

Took my family to the mall tonight to buy drinking glasses and replace a worn-out kettle. Busy, busy, busy there. "I" was so much more open than I remember. My sense of self expanded, I drunk it all in, all the people walking, everywhere. Soon the experience of "people" changed to the experience of "awarenesses". All these points of consciousness, dancing their individual dances, each living in its own world. It was almost like a living mirror of my own experience as being fundamentally an awareness instead of a "personality" with a life and a body.

I did not avert my eyes, I did not feel self-conscious. There was no "I" vs. "they", the word "I" encompassed everyone and everything. No fear, no boundaries. Just an expansion of consciousness, and so much more to perceive. Life is good.
mc
MatthewCromer

Postby MatthewCromer » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:12 am

Here's another personal experience. I'm posting it in this thread because I suspect that I've already started enough threads in the past 24 hours!

When "I" wake up it takes a while to become "Matthew Cromer". At first I am just a flow of experiences and perceptions and awareness. Pure consciousness. It takes me a little while to "go into" my identity after I wake up. I never noticed this before reading the Power of Now. I'm trying to extend that period every morning a bit longer. Perhaps one of these days I'll simply forget to become "me" at all!
mc
MatthewCromer

Postby kiki » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:39 pm

Perhaps one of these days I'll simply forget to become "me" at all!

Good one. That's what happens, there is no more referencing (remembering) who I am (the mental version).

Return to Personal Experiences