Bringing false beliefs to consciousness

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
letitgo

Bringing false beliefs to consciousness

Post by letitgo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:43 pm

Something interesting has been happening to me for quite some time and it's finally in clear enough focus to understand. This phenomena may be unique in that it involves the sensation of subtle energies, but since presence and awareness and awakening are at it's core, I believe it's fitting to relate on this forum.

Since around June of 2007, I have been receiving various energies which were clearing lower energies from my body and bringing new and higher energies into me. I didn't understand much of what was happening at the time, but after-the-fact, I can recognize how the energy work related to awareness. So basically, I can feel what's happening as it happens, and when the particular process is complete, I can understand exactly how it all fits together with that particular level of awareness.

The situation which is the most recent deals with becoming aware of beliefs within our daily lives which don't coincide with our deeper beliefs. This is a brief outline of the energetic process which would occur in order to change a belief.

1) Energy work. As if to let me know something was coming, I would receive energy sessions right before falling asleep, or just upon waking up. Rather than go into all the details of this process, suffice as to say, this was basically a process of removing negative energy. In the beginning I had no control over what was happening, I would just allow a higher power to operate. Now I have a great deal of understanding and participation with this energy.

2) Awareness of a false belief. After enough energy work was done, which I perceive to be a process of clearing out debris in order to see reality, I would recognize a resistance or emotional pain or fear. This usually would come as a resistance to let go of an attachment. For example, one day I realized that I didn't trust. Deep down I had no doubts that I was infinitely taken care of. But on the surface, from sun up to sun down, I did everything I could to take care of myself and everybody else because I didn't trust that anyone or anything would do what needed to be done. Any veering off of this activity caused me pain.

3) Bringing the false belief into reality. During the day, upon sensing the pain, I would recognize it and become present. Much like the recognition of a thought and the release of that thought, I would recognize the pain as attached to a faulty belief and release it by taking a moment to become present. Unlike the very subtle energies of a thought which I don't recognize and release until the thought finds an attachment, the false belief is attached immediately to some sort of pain evidenced by either fear, anxiety, anger, or directly to physical pain in a specific part of the body. In order to release the belief which was not in line with my core beliefs, I had to become present.

4) Awareness moves. Upon release of each fear, anxiety, anger or pain, the energy moves deeper into my body. The deeper it moves into my core, the more peaceful and fearless I become. I don't notice my personality changes until someone points something out, or a stressful situation arises and I handle it so out of character yet easily. I would guess that I'm about half way done with the processes I am aware of and understand. But who knows? I've never had anyone, and I've tried, who has a clue what I've gone through in the last couple years. But now that I'm being shown more understanding I really don't mind!

Understanding these experiences has given me the opportunity to walk others through the process and that has been incredibly enjoyable. I think it's very important to take the voo-doo out of enlightenment and understand that feelings and sensations and energies are tangible evidence of the massive work which is going on spiritually. I would make the suggestion to anyone, that the next time you're meditating and feel a little breeze, or a tiny buzzing sensation in a spot on your forehead, realize that you're being touched by infinity, draw your attention to it and hang on!
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Sighclone

Re: Bringing false beliefs to consciousness

Post by Sighclone » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:48 am

Great commentary, Norm. Your process benefits us all. I spent 35 years doing TM, so am very sensitive to any inauthentic belief which surfaces in me. And it is pretty powerful, too, being relatively clear. And, I need to emphasize that we can be active and powerfully modest (is there such a concept?) at the same time. I am always quite careful to be gentle. A few months ago I kind of blew it with my sister when addressing something personal with her. What seemed simply a clear statement to me was felt as an attack by her...absolutely not one of my intentions. I now often ask the question (in this or some other similar form):

"If I felt I could help you with (whatever), but was worried that you might misinterpret what I saying, could I have permission to try to bring up a sensitive topic, anyway?" Then after receiving permission, I'll say: "Whatever you hear in the next ten minutes, none of it is intended as an attack."

This is called "pre-calling" and I've used it in management environments before. People are so touched by your obvious decency that you will (a) generally get permission and (b) always get a very attentive ear.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

letitgo

Post by letitgo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:51 pm

Andy,

Thanks very much for your response. I realized after your post that I needed to make my meaning clearer in subject number four above. I believe you were relating to my reference to handling something in a manner which was "out of character", and what I meant by "out of character" was how lovingly and gently I would handle something which in the past I would handle by wielding my superiority or judgement. It's funny how these personality changes have happened on such a subtle level, and I'm shocked right in the middle of a loving response to a situation! I find myself looking at my actions either while they're happening or immediately afterwards and wondering, "What was that? Where did that come from?"

But I'll take these responses however they come and wherever they come from.

Thanks again, Norm

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:33 am

Actually, I was just rambling... :) Your added sensitivity and gentleness is seen by you as a personality change. And, an objective but knowledgeable third party might agree. What is likely during the actual transaction, however, is that the other person or people simply perceive the stillness and grace of your approach, and resonate with that in their heart or Being. Only if pressed could they perhaps recall that it was "out of character." Now were you to suddenly be very aggressive and confrontational, they would notice that change. When Source senses itSelf in another, there is a harmony which minimizes differences...we are all Sourcebeams (that's Nanci Danison's term...).

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:33 am

letitgo wrote:Understanding these experiences has given me the opportunity to walk others through the process and that has been incredibly enjoyable. I think it's very important to take the voo-doo out of enlightenment and understand that feelings and sensations and energies are tangible evidence of the massive work which is going on spiritually. I would make the suggestion to anyone, that the next time you're meditating and feel a little breeze, or a tiny buzzing sensation in a spot on your forehead, realize that you're being touched by infinity, draw your attention to it and hang on!
Norm,

I have thought about your words a lot and, along with re-reading PON (again) and having his chapter on the inner body jump out, I have really focused on my inner energies lately. I can't put it into words, but this had helped tremendously in becoming aware of being. I am somewhat conflicted by my experiences as it seems to natural and real, yet I am dealing with thoughts that comment on growing awareness, etc. that seem egoic in nature. Yet, the positive experience outshines the egoic side...if that makes sense.

I am interested in your description of a buzzing in your forehead. My forehead aches mildly or gets tight when I make a shift into a deeper awareness of my body. Has this happened to you?

Anyway, thanks for talking about your experience.
Be present, be pleasant.

letitgo

Post by letitgo » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Onceler,

Thanks very much for your comments and inquiry. You must be very present to realize how parallel ego and spirit reside with the processes I discussed in my post. I might make the assumption that you have them in the correct order... become present... then begin adding deeper levels of awareness. Rather than following my path, which has been three years of gaining spontaneous "gifts" of insight, energy and healing, all the while being right in the middle recognizing and understanding my ego. In your situation, you have already noticed the hold ego wishes to take with any physical verification of spiritual activity. On the one hand, it's nice to have these wonderful experiences of feeling energy, but on the other hand you have a tangible proof which your ego can see and recognize as something it could really get on board with!

The buzzing sensation to which I refer in my post was my first sensation of energy several years ago. I knew it was something because I felt it every time I reached a certain point of meditation. I now have come to understand this to be your higher energy's entry point. We all actually do have the etheric equivalent of a hard candy shell. Various layers of various levels of energy. In a deep meditative state, you may sense the point of easiest entrance into your aura, which being the etheric replica of your body, can be recognized on our physical plane by the sensation I've described. This can be a slight vibration, buzzing, or slight pressure as you described.

This energy can't hurt you. It is infinitely knowledgeable of you from the top of your head to your toes to your molecular pattern of DNA. It has been my experience that I can intensify it with my intent or I can just be aware of it and observe. However, it's much more enjoyable to observe and be aware and be amazed. I usually get a very obvious hint when I'm pushing the envelope. Either the energy subsides or it feels like I've hit a dead end. I have felt pain while removing negative energy but that's a different subject all together, and at no time did I feel fear in any way.

The initial "contact" you make by sensing your higher energy's entry point is very possibly the beginning of a much broader connection. For me, it was the beginning of recognizing many levels of various energies which all have their own purpose. The very first sensations I felt came only after deep meditation and concentration. Today I find new energies or sensations or understandings through this means of connection with little or no effort whatsoever and it's just gets better and better.

I could go on and on. So for now, I hope some of that answered your questions.

Sincerely, Norm

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:27 am

Thanks Norm,

That helps me understand things a little better and clarifies my experience, although I am a little confused by your first paragraph. That's okay though, as I take it to mean we are just approaching things a little differently on entry but the deeping can be the same. I find a lot of the posts and inquiries here seem to be about gaining entry to the now or presence. And for a long while I too have been seeking entry into the now. Now that I have gained a bit of access and sustained time in presence it is a little more amorphous and disorienting as my usual sense of "balance" is shifting to another form.

I have felt a bit of fear of the energy I feel and the place of no thought, as it is disorienting. I try to just let it happen as you suggest and let my mind comments go in waves. The energy seems to go in waves as well or perhaps it simply increases when there is a gap in thinking (and it is the thinking that goes in waves).

I enjoy your descriptions. It is new territory for me and it is most helpful to here your accounts and others as well.

thanks again and enjoy the ride.
Be present, be pleasant.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:09 am

Two of my favorite members talking about "the buzz." I've felt it for 35 years during meditation and rarely have mentioned it to anyone, including other meditators. Norm - It's pleasant to hear that it represents an entry-point to higher frequencies of Being. I just know intuitively that it means "meditation is working and deep." And it doesn't happen every day...but certainly during most sessions. It also helps if others are meditating nearby. I've had a few reiki "chakra-clearings" and few reiki masters have felt much resistance in them...oh, some in the second and third, but not major obstructions.

Buzzing is good!

Namaste, Andy

letitgo

Post by letitgo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:44 pm

Thanks for your comments! After three years of living through quite bizarre levels of both spontaneous and self initiated energy, it's deeply satisfying to receive an understanding of what happened, and also what "is" happening.

Onceler wrote;
I am a little confused by your first paragraph.
Yeah, I reread that paragraph and it was a bit unclear. I think it is an important part of this topic, so I'll try to rephrase that paragraph;

You have it right in your initial reaction to the sensation of energy. It's definitely something with which the ego can identify because you're actually feeling it physically. This is the area I referred to as a physical verification of a spiritual activity. If you're present enough to feel these energies and look at the experience much like ET described when he looked at the pencil, then you will be able to remain detached and enjoy the benefit of the energy you are feeling. Therefore, if you become present first, then find your highest connection with source, you will remain detached.

Also, I use the sensation of my connection with source as an indicator to my level of presence. If I'm busy and preoccupied or stressed, I can stop and check for my connection. If it's not there or barely noticeable, I take a few breaths and get reconnected then move on with my day.

Thanks again, Norm

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:00 am

Thanks, Norm. This makes sense.

Thanks again for your clear descriptions, they are most helpful.
Be present, be pleasant.