Inner Peace

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Inner Peace

Postby Dux » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:33 am

Hello everyone
I am new to this forumn, I have read many of the posts and admire the wisdom of many of the users, I would like very much for you to read my story and share your ideas with me....
I'm a 17 year old male and for the last 6 months I have been free from all emotion
This includes excitement, nervousness, anger, and even sexual attraction and desire. This phenomenon occured right after a series of significant events in my life which forced me to question my existence.
As you can imagine this was a very unusual occurence to someone who had not yet heard of Eckhart Tolle and his teachings. I spent weeks and months thinking over what could have caused this to occur and decided that it was either a mental problem or a physical problem. I got a doctor's check up and it came back 100% healthy- meaning the 'issue' was psychological
I really didn't know what was happening but something inside me knew that it was all going to be okay.
Anyhow I recently picked up ET's book A New Earth and was instantly glued to the pages which heavily and accurately described what I was experiencing. I even read that many of the readers may have all ready been awakened to an extent and are recognising their symptoms by reading the book.
I am convinced that I am now free of ego, I used to be quite fast tempered, hippocritical and with negative compulsive thoughts but all that has since dissolved and I now have a certain inner peace which I often describe as being "neutral".
This neutrality seems limiting to me as I dont easily become happy, however I am never unhappy. It would be great if there is anyone out there who can advise on how I can reach inner joy and break through the neutral state I am now in.
Thankyou
Dux

Re: Inner Peace

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:58 am

Engage with life, and live through a sense of gratitude. Appreciate beauty in all its forms. Can you not be joyful while radiating an intense gratitude for the richness of life in form?

WW
Webwanderer

Postby innerhike » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:21 am

There are many levels of awakening.

Other stages may yet reveal themselves.

Even if as you say you are free of ego, you may yet take time, clock time, to integrate.

Usually the process of freedom is something that is characterized by significant breakthroughs, that in many cases are simply an opening. But there can be a plateauing after the initial opening, and in some cases even reversion.

Stabilizing in the opening, in the new territory shown, can take time, experience, work, practice, things that Eckhart Tolle, Byron Katie and Ramana Maharshi apparently did not have to go through.

Inner peace is not just a negative state that is devoid of emotion.

It can be in fact a summation of every emotion, and even more powerful.

It can be quite profound, something that is so devoid of shape/form and yet so tranquil and full.

In my experience (which is perhaps not the best guide) I find that the deepest inner peace is accompanied by a feeling that I need no more, that my heart is full and there is nothing that can match the beauty I am currently overcome by. I don't exist, there are no boundaries, there is only THIS, something quite unnameable, and my story is quite faint and clearly a dream. There is no question of seeking something more or deeper at these times because the one who seeks does not appear.

So I believe that your work is not yet complete.

For each person the practice is different, the path is unique.

Only you will know through your experimentation what it is that opens your Heart more and more to the point where you no longer exist, and all that remains is JOYOUS CLEAR POWERFUL BLISS.
innerhike

Postby HermitLoon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:40 pm

Yes Innerhike! :D

Inner peace is not just a negative state that is devoid of emotion.
It can be in fact a summation of every emotion, and even more powerful.
It can be quite profound, something that is so devoid of shape/form and yet so tranquil and full.

I find that the deepest inner peace is accompanied by a feeling that I need no more, that my heart is full and there is nothing that can match the beauty I am currently overcome by. I don't exist, there are no boundaries, there is only THIS, something quite unnameable, and my story is quite faint and clearly a dream. There is no question of seeking something more or deeper at these times because the one who seeks does not appear.

Perhaps as close as words can come......
Peace
HermitLoon

Postby domokato » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:58 pm

innerhike, great post. :) I only have very little to add...

Dux,

I heard about a subtle ego trap where an awakened person clings to presence, and makes an identity out of it. I think Eckhart said this is what happened to him when he sat on park benches for 2 years - he made an identity out of being an awakened person. Maybe this is what's happening to you.

Do you enjoy things? Look at a tree and tell me you don't appreciate its beauty :)

Welcome to the forum. I hope you share your story of awakening with us. We'd love to hear it.
~housecat
domokato

Postby Dux » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:32 am

Thanks for your replies
In terms of being patient, it has been over 6 months now with no change.
I am certain that I am free of ego because I am reactionless to the pain body in others when I used to be very quick to challenge.
All I see is that I still have steps to take, but I need direction as to how to take them because it's hard to guage how you are progressing when there is no longer compulsive thinking to silence or feelings to identify with
Dux

Postby Sighclone » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:28 am

Accept neutrality, take a walk in nature, and let your mind wander. Ask yourself this question, in exactly this way: "If I knew it could happen, what would I like to do with the rest of this life?" Give yourself some time for the answer to arrive - maybe even up to a month. Just throw out that question. It's possible the answer will come immediately. It's also possible that you might receive an answer, follow that path, and then later need to ask the question again.

Your mission will arrive.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby khatkhaohon » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:46 pm

Hello every one!

I think this will help :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_stages_of_enlightenment

May be you are at the first level
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sotāpanna[/url]
who free from ego.
:D sahu sahu
khatkhaohon

Re: Inner Peace / SOTAPANNA fruition

Postby kalyanamitta » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:38 am

Hello,
I came across your post by chance and cannot help replying this much:

There can be no doubt you reached a stage many serious spiritual seekers have to work hard for, and for a very long time.
I am maybe nowhere near, but I can tell you where it is taught to take further steps, in case you haven't found out similar ways for yourself meanwhile.

Take a look at
www.dhamma.org.

I find that this is where one can find Tolle's teachings put to practise in a very down to earth way, I am certain he teaches people in his courses (?) in very similar ways.
...maybe check out one of these course in your country or in your area. It may be a bit complicated to contact one of the more experienced senior assistant teachers without ever having participated in a ten day beginners retreat. You will find that you have already reached what people attending these courses are looking for.

But this will be one good way of getting in contact with people who can help you find out how to proceed further, and the standard procedure is taking a beginners course before being taught the more profound, as for example laid out in Buddha's "Sattipatthana Sutta" (e.g. factors of Enlightenment)

find a bit mor here...
http://www.vridhamma.org/Discourses-on- ... hana-Sutta

So...keep "enjoying every moment"

kalyanamitta
kalyanamitta

Return to Personal Experiences