My First Experience of Surrender and Grace

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
mandy

My First Experience of Surrender and Grace

Post by mandy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:09 am

I might as well dive in as it were.

I had to go to hospital for a procedure I had not experienced before. I also have a history of anxiety so normally would be wound up in a mess of "what if" and feeling the anxiety in a way that it has previously been impossible to rise above.

However PON came my way before this appointment and I have received much healing of anxiety through the book. I decided to surrender to the experience in the moment with acceptance of whatever may happen (possibly cancer but thankfully I don't have it)

This was my first experience of the true PON. I thought my appointment would have been 30 minutes maximum and when I came out and asked the person who I was with how long I had been and she said two hours I was genuinely surprised. It was as if time really had collapsed.

I was struck by how the learning I've received from PON had completely changed my experience at that time. During the time of my appointment I felt a sense of peace and acceptance, it was important that I relaxed so that really helped :0)

As soon as we got into the car I was in this state of what I can only describe as serenity and bliss. It was like I'd been given a shot of valium only infinatley more profound. A very strange experience.

I believe this was the initial state of Grace that Tolle talks about, it's one of those moments, like seeing and understanding the connection between all things, or playing with energy with my hands that has happened during my life. It feels like the natural next step, and I am SO grateful.

Thanks for reading! It's so difficult to put this into words, to describe.
Isn't it paradoxical that I've done everything I can in my life to avoid the Now through various activities, yet now the Now is what I seek and it's been there forever :0)

Intel

Re: My First Experience of Surrender and Grace

Post by Intel » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:24 am

Thats wonderful. Thankyou for sharing your experience.
I would lick your feet, but is that the sickest move?

Juno

Post by Juno » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi Mandy,

What an amazing Life it is!

Monica
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:12 pm

mandy - Welcome!!

It is ironic that those who have suffered most (you mentioned anxiety) are often those for whom the first kensho, satori, moment of transcendant bliss, etc. is most profound. We welcome you and your experiences. For every post written, there are ten who read it and many who can benefit. Thanks for joining and sharing!!! Ask, comment, reveal, grow (or regress :) ), and enjoy!

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

mandy

Post by mandy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:25 am

Thanks folks for the welcomes :0)

Andy - you are so right, it's been profoundly changing my life and I'm getting freedom from anxiety and depression. The anxiety though, that was almost instantaneous. PON has allowed me to separate my thoughts and emotions from the real me inside and know that my story is not who I am.
Isn't it paradoxical that I've done everything I can in my life to avoid the Now through various activities, yet now the Now is what I seek and it's been there forever :0)