I feel free

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: I feel free

Postby Sighclone » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:14 am

Awareness of the divine is a gift of grace...or so it seems.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Letting it unfold

Postby Lee28 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:14 pm

"All staff to the office please", cries the manager down the tannoy. I make my way there and I wonder who the woman is stood next to her. There is a anticipation in the room, I can sense an unease, the woman is from HR and my boss looks grim. "This announcement is to be made throughout the whole company at 1PM", the HR lady states.

It's like I'm in a episode of the hunger games. One of us is sure to be called out for the fight to our deaths. lol. :lol: So serious. Cut the story short, the dreaded word "REDUNDANCIES". My mate dashes forward, this is bulls**t! With that word there is a churning in the deep of my stomach. "It's not definate" the HR woman states. But no one listens, they want to know how this is all possible, no one's happy for obvious reasons. My mind starts to race away and I watch, watch it all as it unfolds moment to moment.

Out of the whole region there is a possibilty of 60 who will be sacked if they can not save money. I'm like one of those cartoon characters who slides down off the chair and horizontally moves from the office. I listen to the drum of my heart. I sit in a chair and just watch the episode inside the office. The HR woman is being quizzically tested and I sit instead and work with my self.

I feel the inner body, thoughts arise and fall not of my choosing, unfolding amidst the drama of madness in the office. But right now, right here. I am sat in a chair, in a room at 1.05 pm. The emotions unfold before me, the thought processess begin to quiet, because right now, I'm sat in a chair at a place that I call my work place, and it's not so bad. Soon I will be back to giving service to others. People come to me and say so and so. And I listen attentively to the panic that is in their voices. But I stay as the spaciousness of alert awareness. People come and people go, I walk to where I am supposed to go at that moment as the day unfolds as it always does, quite naturally.

Nighttime comes and I pick up my beautiful fiancee from her workplace and I tell her of the news. Are you worried she says, "No, why worry, there is nothing you can do", is my reply. And the day continues to unfold. Of course it's not exactly a joyous occasion, but people have not been made redundant yet and I am not in denial either. All you can do is let the mystery of life unravel, things come and things go within your awareness. The old must die away for the new to enter, that is all. What is the problem right now as I sit here writing this post on a lovely sunday morning. Absoloutly nothing. It is joyful, it is peace. Although there are events awaiting to arise swirling around sometime in the near future, right now, I am here. Letting life unfold in the moment. Letting my mind spew whatever crap and panic that it wishes too, but with the ever watchfull eye of consciousness the truth cuts through it like a knife and all the doomsayers reports go noticed to be unconcerningly unnoticed as those thoughts just drift away. Yet all that could be seen as turmoil in my life situation.

Right here, right now, sat in my bedroom allowing this moment to unfold pleasently. I will let all worries flounder into the abiss and go and spend time with my other half now, letting the day unfold into the mystery of life. Not knowing this way or that, which way it will turn but just knowing that each moment can be spent naturally, in abiding awareness, eternal gentleness, letting it unfold as all arises and falls within my awareness.
Last edited by Lee28 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee28

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 pm

A lovely example of grace Lee, thank you.

Change is the violence that propels us into our future.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby karmarider » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Lee, what you said was nice. If I may gently suggest to put in line breaks--it's a little hard to read as it is.
karmarider

Postby Lee28 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks for the advice :D
Lee28

Postby karmarider » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:39 am

Lee, thanks for indulging me, hehe. I loved the Hunger Games series--it captures the insanity of the human condition in a poignant, if disturbing, manner. It might turn out to be a classic, like Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery" or "Lord of the Flies", etc.

I like your last paragraph. Thanks.
karmarider

Postby Lee28 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:36 am

lol. :D

I agree, the book was nearly as enthralling as the PON. lol. :lol:
Lee28

Re: Letting it unfold

Postby rachMiel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Lee28 wrote:All you can do is let the mystery of life unravel, ...

And part of that unraveling is "you." We don't only observe the unfolding, we participate in it. Right?

Sweet. :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Sighclone » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:16 am

Thanks, Lee...wonderful post. Especially in this big global recession. And who really knows what tomorow holds re employment...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Re: Letting it unfold

Postby Lee28 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:29 am

You are right andy, these are exciting times, we're moving from the old, to the new. :)

rachMiel wrote:
Lee28 wrote:All you can do is let the mystery of life unravel, ...

And part of that unraveling is "you." We don't only observe the unfolding, we participate in it. Right?

Sweet. :-)

Hey rachMeil,

From my experience we do participate totally. Though it is a matter of the quality of your attention within that participation. Do you take part in life from the aspect of "ego", unconsciously reacting and living from the pain body, living in the past or longing for some unknown future. Trying to anticipate and deny this moment. Or do we live consciously, aware in the moment, letting life unfold before you.

But for me, the unravelling of myself, for the mind, yes, it seems that way. From the ego perspective it is like my life has changed. But from the highest aspect of my self, the ultimate truth of who "I" am. There has never been an unravelling in that respect. Just a constancy of beingness. I have never changed, never moved, "I" is always here, unchanging.

It is just a matter of attention, whether I am absorbed in the unreal, or whether my attention is in the now, in truth. But wherever your attention is, you are in the truth anyway whether you are aware of it or not. It's just a matter of whether you know it or not. Or rather remember the truth of who you are.

Both of these are still apsects of the self but it is only the world that unravels before me, I remain witness to it. I unravel nowhere. Though I am apart of it also, but the only true remaining factor within all that unfolds around me is the essence of who I am, beingness, wholeness. I hold it all within the palm of my hand and yet I am all that I hold, while I am also the ultimate of truth beyond all that rises and falls.
Lee28

4 1/2 years

Postby Lee28 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:05 am

It's funny, so much has unravelled in this life situation since I first came to this site, four and a half years have passed. I think I was last on here a year ago but it seems like yesterday. lol :lol:

I wouldn't say it was evolution in the sense when each step in life that I take is a step for freedom. I cannot become more than this, the unknown. Though sometimes I might trip and catch my balance, other times I fall and just graze my hand and then there are the moments where I crash to the floor with a spell of amnesia. hehe!

But it is not really a forgetting of the truth of who or what I am. It is more of a choice. A choice to lose myself in those 'grandiose' illusions which in reality only have the power to caste a spell if I choose to purchase such things.

Here I am, now. This is it. Simple but so profound. Joyous beyond the word joyous, there is nothing more to be but this.

Always here, looking out on a world that the mind wishes to judge, perceive and project those ideas to make a world dull and dreamy compared to that of truth. Someone said to me the other day, 'Why are you so quiet, you seem so subdued'.

I did not wish to answer nor did I have an answer, nothing arose within the quiet of beingness in the way of words just a beaming smile which spoke great truth I suppose. It is only writing this now that a thought has appeared. There is nothing subdued in the way of the silent one who embraces life in such a way. It is the one lost in thoughts who is subdued and quiet, unconsciously wrestling with their minds replacing true authority with one of illusory servitude to the ego.

Here, now as I write this. Feeling the key board against the palm of my hands. Stopping for a moment, space, always space. Then comes in the mind at times and this is ok, I use the mind as a tool and the rest of those thoughts can remain where they are dancing and singing to some song that I do not care for.

For there is a song that I truly care for and that is the song of love. To embrace life with a full heart and for me that means life has become so simple and in this simplicity there is great joy. It is not that one makes life simple it is that simplicity falls upon you. I still wear that favourite shirt, have a drink of hot chocolate and sing along to the music that makes my voice rise to the occasion.

But deep, deep underneath this play of the life situation, I am.

When I first read the new earth before the power of now I felt at the time I had been transformed. Evolved consciously. Attained a love, a joy and peace I had never known before. But in all reality I had not evolved, it was always there, had been always here. The play of life had involved ‘me’ unconsciously. Then when I saw all was a dream I realised that it was not I that was playing but the hidden hand of grace. I was merely the spectator except now consciousness was of itself known to itself.

The play continues but in a different way, the story of ‘me’ has dissolved. Life falls upon this 'I' and all arises within the palm of consciousness. What happens next who can know but in that unknowing is the greatest expression of freedom ever known. To not know is to know everything because here, right now, is all that there is. All that is needed. All that ‘I am’.
Lee28

Postby kiki » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:36 am

Nice to see you here again, Lee28. Great update!
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Lee28 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:05 am

Lee28

Postby oak tree » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Lee, I enjoyed reading this thread, especially the poems!
oak tree

The remedy of nature

Postby Lee28 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:23 am

I've had arthritis in my feet since I was around 17 though the pain recently is more intense. Pain awakens you to the present moment, you can be nowhere else. The more intense the more you can go deeper and deeper into the 'self' or I suppose you can choose to go deeper and deeper into the mind. Getting caught up in the story of poor me and how bad it is.

I used to suffer, now there is just pain. haha! :lol:

I sound sadistic, lol.

There are all sorts of things going on at the moment doctors wise. Specially made inner soles by podiatrists, Nsaids and natural remedies. Though something happened last night and tonight also.

I went for a walk, at 22:30 hrs. Last night I was out for an hour and a half. I live 5 mins away from the sea. There was a natural display of natures beauty. I was in total awe. The sea was returning, where I live the tide goes out by a couple of miles. The wind came forth like a messenger charging ahead to let all know that the great Irish sea was making its way back to land.

The power of the wind was tremendous, the sky to the left was night in the distance but to the right it was still relatively light. A super moon lingered in the sky as clouds of different shapes passed her by as if to try and clothe her nakedness but she wanted to shine and the moonlight made tiny crystals even on the pavement glisten and dance.

As I stood still I was so overwhelmed. So free. It was like I was being spoken to for taking the time to walk in gods country and I was given a show of the most amazing spectacle that touched all the bodily senses.

The aliveness in the inner body intensified so much so tears fell. Smile beamed. I'm sure I was aglow.

Eventually I started to make my way back, I came across a garden that was a hive of activity. Moths came and landed on the flowers and a bat flew swiftly by me. Everything moved, all movement within stillness. A stillness alive with the sound of life and the beating heart of mother earth.

Absorbed in the fresh smell of the evergreen a thought suddenly arose. 'There is no pain in my feet!' I gasped, I laughed though I dared not jump for joy but I definitely had a lively bounce in my step that I had not managed for quite some time. The body was full of so much energy. So light, so alive and so free of pain.

I have heard of this before, the energy of nature especially from plants and trees that they have healing qualities but I could not have said so in the past, I have never experienced this until now and it has happened again tonight.

The pain has started to arise again as I am writing but I offer this no complaints, I purchase non of the stories that wish consume me. There is only acceptance and the knowing that just maybe the power of nature will heal me. Though that might or might not be another story.

For now I will have to wait and see. Only this moment, the now will reveal such answers.
Lee28

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Experiences