Friends for life

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
weopposedeception

Friends for life

Post by weopposedeception » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:12 am

Imagine that you are on a life raft in the middle of the Pacific with one other person. In the middle of this vast expanse of water, all you have is each other. What kind of relationship do you think would naturally develop between the two of you? Would it be one of mutual interest and support, close bonding? Or would you judge and find fault with the other person, maybe scan the endless horizon hoping another more suitable person would float along?

What is your relationship with the present moment, the only thing you have in life, EVER?

Ives

Re: Friends for life

Post by Ives » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:54 pm

This is a great analogy.

Make friends with the guy -- or suffer endlessly.

peleke4

Post by peleke4 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:02 am

great analogy! reminds me of a book by Anthony de Mello entitled "Song of the Bird." there's a bunch of short stories just like these.. it's cool how these stories help see things from new angles

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Thanks for that. The trouble is....one then starts to browse the web for these people one has never heard of, and one gets bogged down further and further into reading and digesting...when time might be better spent in the Now? Bit extreme?

piercej

Post by piercej » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:05 pm

this has happened in real life with 5 people. those who chose to think negatively and complain literally died from various causes. the two who survived relied on eachother and were convinced they could make it to rescue. its an episode of "i shouldnt be alive" and i think its called "lost at sea" or something to do with sharks... (2 were eaten by sharks after swimming toward an illusion)

i dont mean to detract from the main point. im just offering an insight into an actual real world situation.