Loss of interests with new found inner peace

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Sighclone

Re: Loss of interests with new found inner peace

Post by Sighclone » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 pm

Great Adya quote, thanks! Great post, garuda...very tough to talk about this stuff!

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:28 am

piercej wrote:Hi everyone. A particular question has me searching for your opinions/experiences...

Eckhart's pointers have completely healed every flawed thought and habit of my consciousness. A ceaseless and complete peace and joy have settled here, and it seems now that it can never be any other way. To say there is gratitude is an immeasurable understatement.

With this transformation, motivations for many of life's "normal" pursuits have diminished or disappeared entirely. While this causes few concerns, I wonder if it is common.

For instance, almost all desire to meet a significant other has gone, partly because there is no vacancy of intimacy, and partly because finding someone who shares our views would be unlikely at best. This change comes as quite a neutral surprise.

Also, money has lost all meaning beyond the means of comfort. Buying and wearing second hand clothes, and driving an old, inexpensive car have no negative attachment. Having a respected career or advancement have lost all meaing as well. Trying to impress anyone or return to those pursuits seems pointless. At one point, this was not the situation.

Lately, there is no particular desire to socialize at places that promote the illusions that have blocked conscious awareness. This eliminates almost all places. The need for human interaction seems to be dramatically less.

Traditional concerns have seemed to narrow to a focused point, and very little of it is outside of now. While some time is spent maintaining an awareness of world events and other issues, there is no longer an emotional response other than compassion and peace.

This may sound like a passionless existence, but tremendous passion does come, usually while meditating, but can be felt during any particular conscious moment. The overall question to you the reader is of course... what is your opinion? Is this description one of balance? ...because it feels like one, but I am quite inexperienced in this new life. There must be experiences that can shed some light. Thank you very much.

One very imperfect follower of Eckhart's message,
Pierce
Hi Pierce
How long have you been feeling this way?
I only ask because it sounds like your still in the honeymoon period of waking up.
If that is it no worries just wait a little longer all things of this mind world come and go..
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Thanks HL for your constant reminders of who we aren't!!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Me too! What do you do with "Nothing" ? Well what happened to me was ....even though I had been reading and digesting and practicing Tolle I was unable to detach myself from an emotional relationship which was kind of upsetting me.....then I had this wonderful experience of ...lets say Bliss? ...and next thing I know I am embracing this relationship with open arms and then letting go, it flew away like a butterfly ...and I felt just "love" all by itself, no attachment, so no need to detach etc. It was truely amazing. So what do you do with "Nothing" ? I think when we really "GET" it (ok not appropriate word here!!) we find ourselves empty(thats the Nothing) but being filled to the brim with Life which then does Something!! To be honest its been said before so many times by the greats.....I think Tolle is our new great for this generation. ...Stillness Speaks. :oops: I just dont explain myself too well!!!

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:10 pm

pm -

You say:
I felt just "love" all by itself, no attachment, so no need to detach etc. It was truely amazing. So what do you do with "Nothing" ? I think when we really "GET" it (ok not appropriate word here!!) we find ourselves empty(thats the Nothing) but being filled to the brim with Life which then does Something!! To be honest its been said before so many times by the greats.....I think Tolle is our new great for this generation. ...Stillness Speaks.
This is what many have said about the apersonal experience of unconditional love - it's not attached to an individual, but an individual might reflect or embody it for a day or a second or even a lifetime. So might a tree or a sunrise or a poem, even.

Scott Kiloby (http://www.kiloby.com/) speaks about unconditional love quite well.

Namaste, Andy

Larryfroot

Post by Larryfroot » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:11 pm

What can we do with nothing? Everything!
Many a mickle muches a markle.

RCharles

Post by RCharles » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:09 am

Hi Pierce,

Thanks for relating your story. I experience sporadic moments of bliss, not quite the continuous experience you do, but I would describe it similarly. I too find some activities founded in the ego no longer fulfilling. Watching TV is one of those. I enjoy a little of it, but before long I want to turn it off.

As others have said, none of this is cause for concern. It seems to be a normal reprioritizing of one's life that comes with greater consciousness. You just naturally want to spend more of your time being conscious and less being unconscious. I share your gratitude for this change, hope for more of it, and appreciate that you shared it with the rest of us so we can recognize that this is a normal. :D

Charles
"They are all...perfect..." --Ken Watanabe, dying scene in the movie The Last Samurai

Juno

Post by Juno » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:05 pm

I'm going through the same exact thing PierceJ. Thanks for putting it on the forum. It's been about 10 months since I got my first real rock my world clue. I'm not as at ease about it as you are. My ego does still argue of what I should do. It's funny though because it never physicaly gets me to do what it says I should do : ) I have this huge part of me now that knows things get done when they are supposed to. I've always been all out when it comes to building stuff and constant improvement. Now I know it will all get done but I do still have a nagging voice telling me what I should do. I know that voice doesen't hold water because I don't listen to it but it sure would be nice if it shut up :) I know to sense what contains that voice and that's all that really matters.

Relationship wise what you said I would have said exactly.

Just in the past couple of days I've been re-focusing on a dental issue that's been going on for a long time. I know I have to come up with a substantial amount of cash again. It doesen't make me happy but before this shift in perspective I would be crying. I use to cry all the time about the money I've put into my jaw issue but now it just is what it is. I do have to say I use to be in a lot of pain so I'll give myself a break on the crying. I know I can do it so no sense getting all freaked out about what I would rather do with that money. This is a definite change :D

Monica
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:03 am

Juno wrote:I know I can do it so no sense getting all freaked out about what I would rather do with that money. This is a definite change :D

Monica
Than is wisdom Monica..
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

Juno

Post by Juno » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:05 am

Thanks for the kind words Randji :)
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:08 am

Juno wrote:Thanks for the kind words Randji :)
:wink:
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

kiki

Post by kiki » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:33 am

Love the avatar, DWBH. It reminds me of Neil Young's song "Harvest Moon".
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:03 am

kiki wrote:Love the avatar, DWBH. It reminds me of Neil Young's song "Harvest Moon".
Cloud Dancing
Gracias KiKi I will change it in a few days,,kind of my fun I like looking for new ones all the time.
Cheers
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana