My Spiritual Experience so far

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
karmarider

Re: My Spiritual Experience so far

Post by karmarider » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Depression leading to the path of awakening seems to be common experience.

Depression isn't a portal but it's certainly a motivator. Perhaps depression is the ego raging against the ego.

eagle2phoenix

Post by eagle2phoenix » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:03 am

Yes, I believe depression is a wake-up call for one who is trapped in ego or lost in the world, and one will continue to experience it until one learns from it and no longer gets trapped in it. Some learn fast, others take a while. For me, it's been a while and it may take yet a while. I know because I cannot take anything with strong negativity. I have yet to strengthen my energy field to remain positive in case of negativity. I feel its energy radiating and cutting into my own energy field. You know, it's like a little ripple in the water. It is overwhelmed when a large stone is thrown into the water.

So I just do the simple things like gardening, worming and fishing. Little activities where my little mind is able to focus and not be distracted by thoughts and external events.
Life is fascinating. Nature is beautiful. Live life with nature.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:38 am

Yeah, took me a while too. What helped me definitively was releasing. It's wonderful that you find peace in gardening!