My understanding of a whole thing

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
dubhasa

My understanding of a whole thing

Post by dubhasa » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:36 pm

This is the core that I understood. Of course there are relative and absolute levels of truths and limitations of language. Following is my
relative understanding and experience.

There are clearly two levels of existance or awareness.
1) Day to day human consciousness; supported by mind with thinking as main tool.
2) No mind awareness. pure awareness, lack of mental heaviness and chatter, feeling of spaciousness, pure perception without labeling.

I started with living 100% of the time from 1). There are a number of techniques available to move from 1) to 2).

Techniques that were useful to me were
1) observing thoughts
2) meditation
3) Adya's being in the gap
4) Listening to Adyashanti, Eckhart Tolley, Leonard Jacobson
5) All portals mentioned by Eckhart Tolley
6) Being in the body

I needed a lot of conscious practice and determination during the use of above techniques. I would say at least 10-12 years. It gave me a reasonable mastery to use these techniques when needed and then let them go when not needed.

At this point I am clearly aware when I operate from 1). Most of the times I try to operate from 2). I am mostly aware of each moment and I can choose not to live from 1). As I understand and my experience goes, a lot of effort is needed initially, to be comfortable with living in awareness. There is struggle, conscious choosing at each moment. Afterward, it becomes very easy and natural. There is no more choosing or efforts.

I used to think that living from 'no mind' state was something grand and special. That is what enlightenment is. There would be some fireworks, bells ringing, special experiences etc.

Now I know that it is just a natural state. What's the big deal? In this state, I know that there is nothing else that I can do. Whatever happens will happen with grace, not due to my efforts. At this point, There is just a feeling that I don't really have any desires even for spiritual enlightenment. All that I need to do is live from presence every available moment. I fully accept whatever happens and have a deep gratitude for this opportunity to experience.

Onceler

Re: My understanding of a whole thing

Post by Onceler » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Nicely put, Dubhasa; I recognize and agree with a lot you say. The natural state for me is so simple, so clear, yet so elusive sometimes, yet...so simple and clear!

Yet....

Thanks
Be present, be pleasant.

DWBH1953

Re: My understanding of a whole thing

Post by DWBH1953 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:13 pm

dubhasa wrote: . All that I need to do is live from presence every available moment. I fully accept whatever happens and have a deep gratitude for this opportunity to experience.
Hi Dudhasa,

You got it, I see it the same way however the natural way or place is not really a state from what I have experience, states come and go but the natural place or awaken place is where all states have their begining, a place where states come and go.
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana